[Champion concept] Spirit, the Dreamweaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ValagRaVeN666

01-26-2013

Summoners and Riot Games! Let me introduce:

Spirit, the Dreamweaver:
Attachment 599972

(English is not my mother language, sorry for the mistakes.)

Lore: I don't have idea currently... Spirit is a transcendent outlander. She came from a parallel world. She can travel between dimensions, reaches the astral level, manipulates dreams, collects and utilize energy from surroundings, also she is up in the basics of time traveling.

Attributes: Mage, ranged.

Base stats: 335 mov speed, 550 range, general mage stats.

Stats:
AttackPower: 4/10
Defensepower: 3/10
Abilitypower: 7/10
Difficulty: 9/10

Abilities:

Attachment 679967Insanity (Passive): Spirit's basic attacks and abilities against enemy champions increases her total attack damage and ability power by 2% for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 10 times. After 5 seconds, she loses a stack per second. Skillshots add 2 stacks. If Spirit reaches 10 stacks, her body overcharges for 5 seconds. During this time, Spirit gains 1 permanent ability power, attack damage, Energy spiral's cooldown resets and is reduced to 0,5 seconds but consumes 2 Insanity stacks on use. While overcharge, Spirit cannot build Insanity stacks. After the overcharge her body has to take a rest, all remained stacks lost. Insanity does not affect minions and monsters.

Attachment 679968Energy spiral (Q): Passive: Spirit's basic attacks deal 10/15/20/25/30 (+10% ability power plus further 1% for each stack of Insanity) bonus magic damage
Active: Spirit fires a fast-moving energy spiral towards a target location, dealing 70/110/150/190/230 (+60% ability power) magic damage to the first unit hit, and applies 2 stacks of Insanity.
- 1000 range
- 50/55/60/65/70 mana
- 4 seconds cooldown.

Attachment 679969Somnolency (W): Spirit scatters some dream powder in a cone, that stay on the ground for 5 seconds. Enemies who step on the powder are getting distressed, they take 20/35/50/65/80 (+15% of ability power) magic damage per second, their movement speed and attack speed reduced by 10/15/20/25/30%. Each second they stay on the dream powder field increases this reduction by further 5%. Each enemy champion damaged by Somnolency adds an Insanity stack.
- 850 range
- 80/85/90/95/100 mana
- 11 seconds cooldown

Attachment 679970Distort reality (E): Spirit Steps back in time for a moment, leaves the current reality and make things never happened to her. She heals back 14/18/22/26/30% (+5% per 100 ability power) of the total damage she has taken in the previous 2 seconds and able to move in the alternative reality for 1,2/1,4/1,6/1,8/2 seconds. In the alternative reality, Spirit is in stealth and untargetable but unable to take any actions, except moving. After the duration, or reactivating the ability while she is in the alternative reality, she will appear in the current reality again (where she walked in the alternative reality since these worlds are parallel). After return, Spirit can reactivate Distort reality again within 3 seconds to throw a dreamweb towards a target location, dealing 70/90/110/130/150 magic damage plus equal amount she healed back to the first target hit, stuns it for 1,5 seconds and builds 2 stacks of Insanity.
- 1200 Range
- 80/90/100/110/120 mana
- 20/19/18/17/16 seconds cooldown

(This ability is to turn bad things into good things. This is against burst, or heavy focus. The alternative reality is Spirit's World, a parallel world. Enemies only see her with stealth detection, but she is still untargetable. She will return where she walked in the parallel world. So this is an elongated flash... Now the dreamweb: Obviously, if you haven’t taken any damage in the previous 2 seconds, you are not healed, and the dreamweb only deals that minor base damage and stuns the target.
Use Distort reality to counter burst damage, but be wise, it has long cooldown. Ignite or other heal reduction can shut down this ability very hard, but it counters burst damage pretty well. "Payback ability".)

Attachment 679971Astral travel (R): After 1,5 seconds channeling, Spirit’s soul leaves her body for a maximum of 12/18/24 seconds. For the duration, you can control the soul to to use abilities from your mana pool, and attack, but the body cannot move and vulnerable. The soul gains your current mana, 65% of your maximum health, armor, magic resistance, and 100% of your other stats, but with 10/12,5/15% increased overall damage and movement speed. If the soul dies, the body awakens, but Astral travel gains +60/45/30 seconds cooldown penalty. Reactivating the ability sends back the soul to the body. The further the soul is from the body, the more time is needed to retrace.
- Maximum travel range: 5000
- 125 mana
- 140/120/100 seconds cooldown.

(This ability has many usages. Hide your body well, because if the enemy find it, they can kill you easier than ever. The soul can be a good initiator in teamfights, and tanking towers.)

Recommended items:
Starting items: Crystalline flask + pots.
Essential items: Sorcerer’s shoes, Rod of ages, Nashor's tooth
Offensive tems: Rabadon’s deathcap, Will of the Ancients, Liandry's torment, Lich bane.
Defensive items: Spirit visage, Zhonya’s hourglass, Athene’s Unholy Grail.

Quotes: (not ready)

Champion selection:
"Sleep well my baby!"

Moving:
"Sweet dreams!"
"Dreams never die!"
"I am everywhere!"

Taunt:
„I'm just a dreamer, I dream my life away.”
"I feel you in my dreams, Nocturne!"

Joke:
- "Would you mind if I confuse your mind?"
„I'm just a dreamer, I dream my life away.”

Tips:

Playing as Spirit:
- Somnolency's slow helps you manage with your skillshots.
- Use Distort reality to counter CC and burst damage.
- Hide your body well when you use Astral travel and use your soul as an initiator.

Playing against Spirit:
- Ignite or any other healing penalty is a hard counter to Distort reality. As Spirit heals less, she will also deal less damage with her dreamweb.
- Leave her dream powder field immediately. It’s very dangerous standing on it for long.
- Use minions as shield, because Spirit is fully skillshot based.

I hope you liked my ideas (if yes, thumbs up! ^^), I am looking forward to your constructive criticism under this post.

My other ideas:

Kaos, the Crimson Whelp
My item ideas

Thanks for reading
Summoner ValagRaVeN666

ValagRaVeN666

01-30-2013

Any thoughts?

piiees

05-08-2013

A nice concept, with very nice abilities that are unique and would be very interesting to use. I've always liked the idea of an ability that makes you heal the damage you just got dealt. I've never been able to make the rest of the champion unique and fun to play along with it, which is what you've done. I think maybe the damage from the q is a bit strong with its spamable capability, but I think that may be so because the damage has to come from a source.
One thing is it might be good to have a damage cap on the e as people would try to exploit that no cap by purposely tanking damage so then they can deal out some incredible damage on an enemy, such as the adc. And if built right, it could be exploited enough to one shot the adc even.

ValagRaVeN666

05-08-2013

I only updated my EuNE Spirit post so far because I haven't got any feedback for months 'til now. Now I did the same changes here too, I mean many changes, especially with numbers (nerfs) on Q and W. Maybe E could have some basic damage wich is increased only by 50% of your healing. I will consider this. Now if you want to deal 1000 magic damage with E, you have to get 400 AP and have to take 1666 damage in 2 seconds. It is a skillshot with a long cooldown. Facing this with 6 second cooldown Nidalee spear, the ability not seems Op to me.

Meherok

05-26-2013

Really well done; You've done an amazing job with the concept on this character. The ult is a particularly nice touch and an idea well worth exploring, to say the least. I do, however, feel that she has the potential to be overpowered based on a number of factors.

I'll just work my way from top to bottom, and please feel free to rebut my statements if you feel they don't stand up to scrutiny.

[QUOTE]Anomaly (Passive):QUOTE]
This passive falls somewhat under the anti-pattern idea of design. You're (indirectly) punishing her opponents for doing what they're supposed to be doing. While the 10 second cooldown does help gate this problem to an extent, it is still a permanent benefit that she receives because of the work an enemy is supposed to do, and rewarding the person playing her for failing to outplay her opponent. Not to mention, there's absolutely no counter play to this function, since it's just a permanent boost. The boost might be small, but those will stack up to make a huge difference, without any way to avoid said stacking happening once teamfights start rolling around. She essentially gets rewarded for playing badly, and that's a bad function to encourage.

The way she gains the stacks aside, she's also gaining permanent power boosts, which as can be seen from Veigar, (although obviously not to his extreme,) can become very OP on its own, because they can just keep scaling infinitely above every other character. This usually isn't a problem, as most games end around the 30-40 minute mark, but I've seen and participated in games that lasted about 2 hours. In such longer lasting games, (even if they don't go so ridiculously long as 2 hours,) this kind of mechanic allows them to keep scaling when every other character has stopped, and will dominate simply because the enemy doesn't have the option to keep up.

In my opinion, I would discourage the use of permanent stacks of any kind, but that is secondary to the issue of how she gains them in such a counter-intuitive way.

Quote:
Insanity (Q):
Good ability, seems solid as far as I can tell. A nice, consistent form of damage, with counter-play potential.

Quote:
Somnolency (W):
Good ability concept, but I feel like the slows on it may be a bit too overbearing, especially since it can be placed 5 seconds, (without cooldown reduction,) after the last one disappeared. That's a lot for such a strong, AoE slow. Very few AoE slows reduce attack speed, and none of them, (to the best of my knowledge,) can get to 90%. Even if it does require them standing in it for the full duration, 10% each second is quite a lot. (Unless, of course, you mean 10% of the 40%, which would actually just mean 4%, which is totally cool.) Since it's a cone, 850 range covers quite the area, and can potentially shut down an entire team if a fight is going on over it. Nasus' slow recently got nerfed, and that was only a single target and didn't deal any damage, even if it couldn't be escaped, and could even still be "cleansed" from. My main point is that while each individual effect of the ability is all good and sexy, having them all that strong, stacked all on one ability, on such a potentially low cooldown that's covering such a wide area seems a bit too much; Especially since she has other means of CC that pretty much gaurantee the target getting locked down if it lands.

Quote:
Distort reality (E):
Some awesome utility potential here, but it gives too much in terms of escape capacity, especially with the slow from her W. I don't know if this is the case, since it isn't covered, but: If she can go invulnerable instantly, and enemies have to itemize specifically for her if they want to be able to track her through her movement while stealthed, it doesn't give enemies enough time to really take her down. She can't be CC'd and can't be hurt, as well as heals during this time, (which even if she's ignited, that's still 20% of the damage, without AP bonuses,) it makes it the ultimate escape, and can just stun the nearest person chasing her. Similar to her W, it's just too much of too good, all wrapped into one. Aside from itemizing for anti-stealth, it leaves absolutely no counter play ability against her. It leaves no way for an assassin to properly do their job against her. They would unload their burst to nearly kill her, have her CC'd to hold her long enough to finish the job once their burst is gone, and... She escapes, undoes nearly half their work, and can retaliate for over half the damage, with her own form of CC to keep you from damaging her any more or potentially use it to get a kill herself, once she's reappeared.

Going by your math, it takes 1666 damage and 400 AP to get 1000 damage from her E. If a high burst character, like an assassin, attempts to do the primary thing their kit is intended to do and burst her down, they are likely to do near 1666 damage, or equivalent for their level, with their combo. In late game situations, most AP characters will have 600+ AP easy, (and with her passive, will likely be considerably more.) This makes it a lot easier to gain that 1000 damage than one might think, especially if multiple people are attacking her. There are few non-ult abilities that can obtain that much damage in a single -instantly damaging upon contact- shot. This isn't even including the bonus damage she receives from her ult, or the extra AP she can receive from her stacks of Insanity.

In reply to your bit about the Nidalee spear deal, her spear doesn't have any form of CC attached to it, and her escape abilities are in a completely different form, with non being so powerful. It also has lower than average damage for a nuke spell when hitting someone at close range, and moves very slow, making it easy to avoid. It's very simplified and easily counterable, and makes a pretty uneven comparison against a skill with as much packed into it as your E. Not to mention it's her only legitimate damage in Human form, and her only ranged damage ability.

I would suggest, (although I'm sure there are many ways,) that the skill either receive a delay before she actually becomes invisible, (either a static duration, like Trynd's ult, or delayed by damage, like Twitch's stealth,) or remove her ability to break CC with it. And maybe reduce the amount she heals, although that might not be necessary. But those are the only ways that it will actually have a way to be truly counter-playable, because once she's in it, she's just too untouchable, even when ignited.

Quote:
Astral travel (R):
Definitely a staple ability in her kit, and I do love the idea. Very unique, and very fun. I would make a couple suggestions though. First, (if you didn't already intend this,) her soul, once out of her body, only has 1/2-2/3 of her maximum health, so that it's not exploitable as a "second life." It'd be really easy to take advantage of simply sending her soul in, going kamikazi on all her enemies, and the after it dies, walk in with the real her and just annihilate anyone left standing. Another way to prevent such an exploit would be to either damage her upon the souls return to her body, based on how much damage it took; Or alternatively, by making the soul still have to travel back to her body, rather than being there instantly, possibly at a slower rate than if it were not destroyed. (Unless you had already intended to do any/all of that, in which case, my apologies, simply ignore the previous wall of text.)

Secondly, a good idea might be to put in a "max travel range," so that she can't just sit in base behind inhib turret and go send her soul out to attack people half way across the map. Even if it does have a timer, she could still easily be far too safe, while being able to get in a lot of damage, unhindered by the burden of consequence.

Quote:
Any thoughts?
To sum up, I really like the idea behind the character and you have an awesome champ going on here, that I would love to see implemented into the game, were it ever so lucky. But the skills just have so many things, rolled into one, that you could practically make an entire kit just from separating the effects of one of her skills. Combining that with the rest of her abilities, and how strong they are, she just has too much going for her.

I apologize for the walls of text, for I am long winded and don't know how to stop myself once I get going. But again, I really like the idea, it just needs to get powered down some, in my honest opinion.

TP Dragios

05-26-2013

Quote:
INsanity
Nice skill but it is overpowered due to low cooldown and mana costs... Increase them

Quote:
Somnolency (W): Spirit scatters some dream powder in a cone, that stay on the ground for 5 seconds. Enemies who step on the powder are getting distressed, they take 20/35/50/65/80 (+15% of ability power) magic damage per second, their movement speed slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% and attack speed slowed by 10/15/20/25/30%. Each second they stay on the dream powder field increases the movement speed reduction by further 10%, attack speed reduction by further 5% and extends the duration of Insanity debuff by 1 second.
- 850 range
- 80/85/90/95/100 mana
- 10 seconds cooldown
Really overpowered,It contains too many effects at a time , it has AP damage , Super slow , Super attack speed slow and after that further penalty on staying on the powder

Quote:
Distort reality (E): Spirit Steps back in time for a moment, leaves the current reality and make things never happened to her. She heals back 20/25/30/35/40% (+5% per 100 ability power) of the total damage she has taken in the previous 2 seconds, removes all current crowd control effects, and able to move in the alternative reality for 1,25/1,5/1,75/2/2,25 seconds. In the alternative reality, Spirit is in stealth and untargetable but unable to take any actions, except moving. After the duration, or reactivating the ability while she is in the alternative reality, she will appear in the current reality again (where she walked in the alternative reality since these worlds are parallel). After return, Spirit can reactivate Distort reality again within 3 seconds to throw a dreamweb towards a target location, dealing magic damage equal she healed back to the first target hit, stuns it for 1,5 seconds and applies Insanity debuff. (5% Ap and AD stealing)
- 1200 Range
- 80/90/100/110/120 mana
- 20/19/18/17/16 seconds cooldown
Really overpowered again , dude do you know how much even 20% of health matters in the battle field? you give 40% health buff and even after that protection for 2.25 seconds? That is so op!

The Astral Travel skill is perfect for the ultimate
Well I like the Q and the R , the others seem like forced into the character and are bit op, i think you had many ideas but very less ablities to create , so you sorta mixed them , it in result became very op
I did something similar with my char too (unintetionally ofc) , but i fixed them , though i have a little more fixing to do
I'd suggest not to connect the lore to nocturne, it deserves an independent lore

Well i loved the idea about making a character on dreams, i was planning to make something like that too, would you like if I work with you to actually get this character made? I have many ideas , I think it deserves to be further developed, what do you say? I am pretty good with photoshop and creative stuff

Please checkout my character too
Daedalus

SabreJ6

05-26-2013

Her passive: good move, fits her kit well only thing that could improve it is maybe increase the cool down slightly so it isn't as exploitable.

Her Q: it does a lot of damage and buffs her significantly late game, not as effective early. Perhaps nerf the AP ratio on it slightly

Her W: A little too overpowered. If she aims it right, once you are in you won't be able to get out until the duration exceeds. Perhaps lower the slow, but add a different ability to it to keep it a good move?

Her E: an essential move for her, but you may want to make it so while she is stealthed she takes ___% more damage from abilities. In the off chance that an ability hits her while she is stealthed, this can balance it.

Her R: a cool idea but can be easily exploited by activating it, running into a team fight, spamming moves, then running in with your real body and finishing the job. Perhaps when she is in spirit form her armor, mr and health get a slight decrease but keep the movement speed and attack buffs just to make it more balanced.

Overall it's a neat idea and could be implemented into LoL I hope to see lore soon (:
Would you mind checking out any of my champions located here?

ValagRaVeN666

06-27-2013

Hi!
Sorry I have not responding for a long time! I was pretty busy with my exams. I am going to graduate in the next semester.
Also my laptop died...
So Spirit got nerfs and rebalancing from your inspirations:

Anomaly (passive): Cooldown increased to 25 seconds from 10. But now can be decreased by 10 seconds if you hit an enemy with Insanity or Distort reality.
This avoids passive gameplay.

Insanity (Q): I don't want to harm it's damage and ratio. It is a single target skill shot, not always lands, but the mana cost increased at later levels.

Somnolency (W): Big nerf happened here. Movement speed and attack speed now reduced by 10/15/20/25/30% (from 20-40%). Each second they stay on the dream powder field increases this reduction by further 5% (from 10%). Cooldown increased slightly.

Distort reality (E): Also big nerfs: Cooldown increased at earlier levels. Duration reduced slightly. No longer breaks CC. Healing reduced to 14/18/22/26/30% from 20/25/30/35/40%. Dreamweb now has a minor flat damage.

Astral travel (R): The soul now only gains 65% of Spirit's maximum health, armor and magic resistance down from 100%. Travel range limited to 5000.

I am looking forward any of your suggestions and slowly, but I will read your concepts too.

Meherok

06-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValagRaVeN666 View Post
Hi!
Sorry I have not responding for a long time! I was pretty busy with my exams. I am going to graduate in the next semester.
Also my laptop died...
So Spirit got nerfs and rebalancing from your inspirations:

Anomaly (passive): Cooldown increased to 25 seconds from 10. But now can be decreased by 10 seconds if you hit an enemy with Insanity or Distort reality.
This avoids passive gameplay.

Insanity (Q): I don't want to harm it's damage and ratio. It is a single target skill shot, not always lands, but the mana cost increased at later levels.

Somnolency (W): Big nerf happened here. Movement speed and attack speed now reduced by 10/15/20/25/30% (from 20-40%). Each second they stay on the dream powder field increases this reduction by further 5% (from 10%)

Distort reality (E): Also big nerfs: Cooldown increased at earlier levels. Duration reduced slightly. No longer breaks CC. Healing reduced to 14/18/22/26/30% from 20/25/30/35/40%.

Astral travel (R): The soul now only gain 65% of Spirit's maximum health, armor and magic resistance down from 100%. Travel range limited to 5000.

I am looking forward any of your suggestions and slowly, but I will read your concepts too.
If all of this is done, then I would say you're pretty much perfectly set. (I haven't read the primary post, just the one I'm quoting.) Good job.

ValagRaVeN666

07-11-2013

Spirit's Passive and Q got a massive rework. hope you like it!