PBE sight stone changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

500Dollar

01-26-2013

The new Sight Stone will require a Ruby Crystal(475gold) + Sight Stone Recipe(475 gold) for a total of 950 gold, it will also give 180 hp. The original Sight Stone only cost 700 gold and gave 100 hp.

I really like the original Sight Stone and I don't want it to change. Because I will not be able pull off my new support strategy anymore, which was to not buy anything when the game started and rush for the Sight Stone. Around the 4 minute mark, I would have 700 gold for the Sight Stone, and after that the two wards from the Sight Stone almost made us gank proof. And rushing the Sight Stone saves so much money on wards.

I always ask my adc to farm safe until the 4 minute mark. I also check if the enemy jungler will try to do a level 2 gank on bot lane, if he starts top team blue or bottom team red. And if the enemy jungler does not lvl 2 gank, then most of the time his first gank will be around 3:30-4:00 minute mark. I have tried this strategy around 1300-1500 elo with great results.

Plorpmeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

That just seems like an incredibly risky build anyway. What if their jungler pays attention and sees this itemless support and ganks early? My question is how are they adjusting the Ruby Sightstone?

My typical build is 4 wards, a potion and either a Faerie Charm or a Rejuvenation Bead (depending on what support I'm playing). That gives me 12 total minutes of warding, though 1 ward almost always goes into a bush in lane. If all goes well, I can usually have a sightstone and a philo by about the 10 minute mark.

Autocthon

01-26-2013

Ruby Sightsone is getting 60 more HP. The cost went up to make it a little less gold efficient.

Ryrok

01-26-2013

I was just coming here to suggest making sight stone build from ruby crystal. 700g is a lot for a support to amass.

FreeGothitelle

01-26-2013

Not having wards at the start is basically asking to lose your lane right here.
You have no bush control and are incredibly vulnerable to ganks.

So I suppose your already bad strategy is less viable.