Blade of the Ruined King/Runaans Hurricane/Frozen Mallet, discuss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slipstreem

01-26-2013

I've had a couple ARAM games now running this build where I had 2x the damage to champions of any other player in the game and 3x the damage in one crazy caitlyn game including games against multiple other adc... just has ridiculous life steal(32% + 3x2% of the current health of 3 people)... why does blade of the ruined king get more love in this season of hit points stacking.

innervation

01-26-2013

Ill give that a try next time I get an adc and report back in.

Edit: OK. Tried it on Caitlyn and just wan't that impressed. The enemy team had 1 melee and 4 ranged, and I spent 60% of my time killing the singed that was trying to take me down, so many of the stats for this build were wasted. The botrk was very nice for kiting though.

As I expected to find, you really can't just say "i build x on role y always" and expect to be at your max potential every game. It's IMPERATIVE that you change your build and skill up order on the fly to counter what the enemy has. In a game against all melee, or all ranged, when you can reliably hit multiple targets with the runans, this build makes a lot more sense.

Mid Is A Feeder

01-26-2013

What do you build first and what order? Same as title?Would it work in SR?

slipstreem

01-26-2013

I usually start boots/ 2 dorans blades/2 hp pots since I love being aggressive early game and trying to push for a quick kill then sitting back to heal back up some if I have to.

Honestly, sanguine blade with attack speed boots normally happens first since people don't have enough hp early on for blade of the ruined king to be effective, then hurricane, then blade of the ruined king as my 4th item, then mallet. Although I sometimes get phage before blade of the ruined king for the slow chance on all 3 of my hurricane hits.

After I finish blade of the ruined king though, life really starts getting crazy. It is all about positioning to make sure I avoid being the target of the initial dive by the other team since at this stage you are incredibly, incredibly squishy. Then I can stroll in and chunk down their front line tankiness really quickly to get our entire team heading into the back line. It also has a clickable move speed steal that I really love if you mess up to help you re-position much easier or chase down a champion. A lot of the time I don't even realize my damage is so high until the end of the game and the only thing I really do different is build hurricane/blade in slots 3 and 4.

It doesn't hurt to get the +15 move speed boots upgrade also if you some extra cash around this time.

I don't normally get to the 6th item(since I usually don't die beyond this point as I always have full life even at the end of team fights), but I would lean towards zephyr/static shiv for extra move speed and attack speed for blade of the ruined king's on hit effect to do more damage. Last whisper would be good also, if the other team starts building armor to counter you, but most people ignore armor in ARAMs. Blade of the Ruined Kings 4% bonus damage though is physical damage so armor shred helps it do a lot more damage and you steal more life.

This build would have to be highly situational in SR, you would probably need to have teammates who could dive and destroy the other adc since you wouldn't be able to win 1v1s with another adc using the hurricane/ruined king combo but you would destroy that other adc's front line a lot faster to get your team onto the enemy adc if they have a lot of tanky bruisers types

FDru

01-26-2013

I dislike Hurricane simply because the AOE effect is so small. The only AD carry I play is Twitch and it doesn't even work with his ult (the secondary targets don't trigger Hurricane, unlike other on-hit effects) so it is even more disappointing.

RockJockey

01-28-2013

Soviet Swain SUpports this Build
-Rockjockey

slipstreem

02-01-2013

hurricane's range doesn't seem that small to me... even with lvl 18 tristana it looked like the hurricane range was the same as my attack range(but not longer than my attack range). I could be mistaken though.

EDIT - however the cone that it hits does seem a bit small.. I would hit all 3 melee creeps when bunched up at max range.