Gifting System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

My Dingus

01-25-2013

I wish Riot would bring back the gifting system and keep it. I have a few friends that I wouldn't mind getting skins for and have a few that would return the favor. I think Riot would make a lot more money if they keep it.

emmalilly

01-25-2013

I agree! I think it would be a great idea, it was really cool having that around for a little while. Maybe not have the IP purchases available like around xmas time, where you could buy a friend a champion with IP. Just RP purchases for champions and skins and w/e. Having it around Christmas was nice but I mean sometimes I want to buy someone a skin for their birthday or something. It would be awesome, and I hope it's considered!

ACGIFT

01-25-2013

I definitely understand the fixed duration of the gifting system; it was something entirely new and Riot had some (very understandable) worries about potential problems that might arise; after all, this posed a significant threat for any compromised accounts; while without the gifting system, often the best someone could do was just burn your IP and RP on things you didn't want. With gifting, a "hacked" account could be used to gift the perpetrator with items.

Of course, after the holiday season, I'm pretty sure that most of these dangers proved to be not significant... And I'd very much like to see a return of gifting champions and skins; I can certainly see NOT returning RP gifts, as those involved an extra level of liability; when someone buys a gift using RP, they're just using an in-game currency, which Riot has 100% control over... But if someone gifts someone RP, (by buying it, for anyone who's not familiar; you could NOT give someone a portion of your existing RP using the gift system last year) then it suddenly became an actual monetary transaction, for which Riot can be held liable for.

tl;dr: I really wish I could gift skins (and occasionally champions) to people. I know that the lack of it is why I've not sunk more money into RP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalilly View Post
Maybe not have the IP purchases available like around xmas time, where you could buy a friend a champion with IP.
Unless it was a feature that was hidden entirely from me, you couldn't gift someone by using IP, only RP.

Pitchblende

01-25-2013

I'd also really like to see the gifting system come back! And if it did return, it would be really wonderful if we could gift IP and XP boosts. I'm much quicker to spend money (or RP in this case) when it's for someone else.