Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you think Pre- and Post-game chat should be reportable/logged into the Tribunal

No, the current reporting system + /ignore is adequate in this regard. 1 3.7%
Pre- + Post-game chat should be added defacto when players are reported as-is post-game. 19 70.37%
Pre- + Post-game chat should be reportable seperately from the in-game-related reports system. 10 37.04%
A report pre-game like the "unskilled player" report, if they won't work with their team pre-game. 7 25.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 27 .

Pre-/Post-game chat logs NECESSARY

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaleonNightShado

01-26-2013

First of all, I would like to make it clear: while I may be resurrecting an already addressed topic, I was -just- asked by a Riot Support team member to post this to the forums. Not sure where to put it, not do I frequent forums to know how to tie threads.
------------------------------

The scenario: Twisted Treeline

My Mistake?: I picked an ADC, and didn't do well to start, then failed b/c I was being left solo in teamfights by the other teammates as if I was a bruiser. *shrugs* I didn't complain.

Their Mistake?: Starting to call each other noob and be generally rude/mean, this particular person I'm writing about being the worst, and incessant until game ended.

The Problem?: Instead of raging back, I suggested maybe considering protecting the adc in the teamfight scenarios as a strategy to win. (Panth stun/Vlad slow + damage/peel)

The Result?: The rage... he was patient until after game ended.

He came into the post-game chat screaming at me , and the conversation immedaitely became him saying a series of obscenities, buuuuuuuuut it gets better, even aside from the Panth that got "noob"d at calling me an "adshiet". (b/c one bad game ignores those others w/ 15/0/7 and such)....... let it be clear since I can't post a screenshot apparently (? I will if I'm allowed), that I absolutely TRIED to be civil at all times, and was in no way antagonizing, provoking, or talking smack back to this guy until after he said he'd cut me. Then I just called him an idiot for threatening me over the internet. Still TOXIC.

THIS is why we ABSOLUTELY need pre-post game chat in the Tribunal, Riot Admins. THIS is the toxic behavior you're still allowing by NOT bringing this to the table, forcing a screenshot, specific steps to report it through support; where I DO know it gets dealt with, for extreme cases, but it's all the other times people wait, knowing it won't record:
==============================

"YOU STUPID ****ING ****"
"you are a piece of **** i would slit your throat"
"and take the prison sentence"

==============================

Surprisingly, my comments of "it's just a game, if you'd stopped raging so hard and worked together we could win" got complete approval from the enemy team, who quite happily admitted they'd carried one of their guys who'd sucked as hard as I did that game.

Anyway, my point is, this isn't some idle "hey, he's trolling meta roles" request.
While I'm sure very few post-game chats include ragers which could quite literally have criminal charges brought against them for assault, and not every pre-game has "tryn top or afk"; there is definitely a NEED for these chat logs to be reportable and more importantly presented to the tribunal when summoners are reported.

The Tribunal absolutely protects those people who want to simply enjoy a game, a game in which you lose, a game in which sometimes you do absolutely horribly, like a 3/19 leona b/c you've never played her and you're getting focused b/c you're SO weak, without having to walk away wondering if someone's gonna track your IP and test your kung fu.

Let it.

Fargo79

01-26-2013

there is a solution to the post game chat.... just clikc the home botton or play again button.. therefore u dont have to see what they are writing about u that makes it soo offensive...

GibberishAlpha

Recruiter

01-26-2013

Agree with OP, there are quite a few people who are only toxic pre/post game and I imagine a few of the reports in the tribunal are about their pre/post game language which no one sees, so they get a pardon.

Seriphym

01-26-2013

First off I believe that not only should the pre and post game chat should be included but that the entire game should be spectate-able.

I understand that I get to see the chat but honestly that does not allow me to the player's actions during the fight.

There is a difference between having a bad game and having 10 deaths but how many towers did the player shut down, how many inhibitors, was the player actually trying to complete objectives etc that led to their poor kill/death/assist ratio.

Were they really trolling or were they just having a bad game?

Chat does not in any way cover all of this.

zZzpingzZz

Senior Recruiter

01-26-2013

I voted: Pre- + Post-game chat should be added defacto when players are reported as-is post-game.

The more information you have at your disposal the better you are to make an appropriate decision.

Prandine

01-26-2013

I agree that pre-game and post-game chat should be logged in the tribunal reports for everyone to see, as the way I see it, what's the point in having it if it's not gonna be logged in the tribunal reports anyway?

LPsoldierr

Recruiter

01-27-2013

Bump

Kohrok

01-27-2013

I mean, I think part of the problem is that toxic players feel safe raging in pre/post game chat, and do so simply because they believe that they won't be punished. It's not good for anyone, really, and it shouldn't be tolerated. Clicking the home icon, while a good solution ("Just leave the situation and let it defuse&quot isn't a permanent for the global community, unfortunately, due to the scope and nature of so many vile players.

KøD The Chøsen

01-27-2013

If the members are harassing you during the game, merely ignore them. Report them immediately after game, and then leave lobby before reading their comments.

MisterLivix

02-06-2013

bump