Varus Needs Some Love

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WolfgangDoghouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Varus is a great champ but is lack luster. His abilities could use a little umph but most of all the projectile speed of his ult is way too slow.

Ravenous Geese

01-26-2013

The projectile speed of his ult is fine. Make it any faster and you may as well make it an on target ability.

IMO the change I would make is slightly reduce the power of his W but also reduce the cooldowns of his Q and E. His burst is good but it's hard to keep detonating blight stacks when his ability cooldowns are 8 and 10 seconds at max rank.

I'd also think about giving Varus some mobility. Every other adc has it ffs. Maybe give him a slight movement speed increase for a couple of seconds corresponding with the amount of blight stacks he just detonated.

edit: Oh and his passive really sucks. But we all knew that already.

sepetaiya

01-26-2013

Varus is my favorite champion, mainly because of his lore. He is honorable and humble, a true testament to the league.

it is sad how an arrogant and brash champ like draven gets self steroids and a global ult, and my avatar varus gets an ult that can be walked out of before it even takes affect. yes they buffed the ults width, but he needs more love.

i read somewhere that someone heard something about Varus possibly getting a complete rework.

if this happens, i hope it fixes the fact that his cooldowns are far too long for teamfights when he gets focused so fast theres no way he can use q or e more than once. ultimately i just hope he becomes op since using a bow requires alot more skill than a shotgun or sniper rifle in the first place.

i thought hurricane was made especially for Arclight Varus, but the width on the extra bolt range is not enough to make me fall in love with a new S3 build for the most honorable adc in the game.

fletche00

01-26-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3043530

Read that article, and keep it alive, he made a good suggestion for Varus, and I believe that is a fair change for him, all we need is Riot to read it.

VioaX

01-26-2013

Honestly, varus i completely fine. I can play him and beat out Draven or graves easy. Don't change him, and if you do maybe add some base ad

fletche00

01-26-2013

Does he need a fix, No, but the ideas listed in the post above, I would agree to those, not too over the top, and it would help his combo out. Of the Combo ADC toons (Ez, Corki, Varus) He is the weakest, and hardest to combo. But still one of my favorite ADC

SteelBeetle

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous Geese View Post
I'd also think about giving Varus some mobility. Every other adc has it ffs.
Correction, not all AD carries have mobility. Kog'Maw and Ashe ring a bell?

GiottoXIII

01-26-2013

dont forget MF... her passive is a POS in fights....

a sad loli

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamePhreak View Post
Correction, not all AD carries have mobility. Kog'Maw and Ashe ring a bell?
Ashe has a million slows (not to mention her ult) and Kog'Maw shouldn't be anywhere near a fight to have to run away, anyway.

Varus honestly isn't a very good ADC, currently. Though he does have a lot of potential.

Quote:
dont forget MF... her passive is a POS in fights....
yeah MF's passive might be **** during teamfights, but why does she need a passive when she can ult an entire team and melt their armor with a black cleaver?