AD carry vs. Bruiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaibakai

01-25-2013

In my last game I was Draven and I was pretty fed, the enemy team was garen, xin, fiora, taric and lux. Basically the tanky bruisers just ran up and rolled over us, I couldn't beat any of them in an exchange and they were really effective. It makes me wonder whats the point of a carry? If I can't beat these bruisers and get blown up while they're tanky enough to get away with plenty of health what am I supposed to do against bruiser teams like that. Who am I suppossed to target. Oh and lux wasn't even a threat she was just kinda running around or running away while we got facerolled by xin garen and fiora

Reality Bytez

01-25-2013

Did want to maybe clarify your build? For all we know you built tear of the goddess or something. I have easily beaten all of them as draven.

SeCKS Egai

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaibakai View Post
In my last game I was Draven and I was pretty fed, the enemy team was garen, xin, fiora, taric and lux. Basically the tanky bruisers just ran up and rolled over us, I couldn't beat any of them in an exchange and they were really effective. It makes me wonder whats the point of a carry? If I can't beat these bruisers and get blown up while they're tanky enough to get away with plenty of health what am I supposed to do against bruiser teams like that. Who am I suppossed to target. Oh and lux wasn't even a threat she was just kinda running around or running away while we got facerolled by xin garen and fiora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Bytez View Post
Did want to maybe clarify your build? For all we know you built tear of the goddess or something. I have easily beaten all of them as draven.
My vayne can tear through a Cho one on one, but in a team fight its a different matter

Your team comp plays a big role - the adc this season just doesn't have the same fear factor they used to.

Considering there are so many gap closers, you're pretty dependent on your own team for cc and protection. People are basically stacking HP now, and unless you're running vayne or kog, you don't really have an adequate counter since BoTRK falls off in effectiveness.

Really though, adcs are in a bad place at the moment. Their performance is greatly affected by the laning phase as is, but they aren't really able to compensate for all the extra health. The two adcs that have kits ideal for dealing with high hp targets are very vulnerable during the laning phase. An adc's strength is the ability to deal damage before their opponent can finish them. From what I've seen of this season, all that's basically happening now is that if your bruiser/tanks don't provide adequate cover - the adc simply gets focused and downed in seconds or is pushed out of the fight.

If a xin and garen are charging at you, unless you've got several levels and thousands of gold on them (or they're really really bad), an adc isn't going to be able to do much without team support.

These days, I really don't think of them as carries, they're more just ranged damage support.

Xx jawbreaker xX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaibakai View Post
It's as simple as rock paper scissors bro. No matter what you do, if a bruiser is built right there is nothing you can do to kill him 1v1. Just how you will always shred through an ap/adc/support in seconds. In team fights however, you're team should be focusing their stuns on whoever is targetting your carrys and that should prevent that rock from smashing you, the scissor. It's a hard dillema to conquer because, well, you have to rely on your team and most of them suck (atleast at my elo). If you can't get your team to help just stun and run, don't even bother trying to kite someone like udyr or jax until late game because you will get owned time and time again.