Is AP Yi overpowered

Yes 68 52.71%
No 61 47.29%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

AP Yi is broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irish Red Cap

01-26-2013

PBE nerfs to Yi atm that I've seen was what everyone wanted in some ways. His Alpha Strike cost more mana, which for an already low mana pool leave him not being able to spam the hell outta it anymore. His W, the heal, got it's heal MASSIVELY nerfed on it's AP ratio. like +4 AP ratio to +1.5 AP ratio, huge difference but he still retains his 500 armor/mr so he'll still be hard to kill he just won't be healing for 4k with only a large rod.

Cybroxis

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolton2 View Post
Ap yi problem? Morde says he wants you to choose him and he would be mildly surprised if said ap yi was able to actually do any damage at all outside his shield ;-).

Chogath wanted a word with u too. Something about his knockup and silence combo being the easiest thing in the world to land when said ap yi is attempting to meditate.

Twisted fate mentioned something about his stun but the other 2 got thier point across quite well.
Oh so then Riot shouldn't nerf any champion aside from their stuns, because just because a champion can be stunned or silenced means ratios, damage, or lane sustainability means nothing. Gotcha.

Hear that Riot, people want the old darius back, the oooooold eve back, the old fiddlesticks, and nobody thinks this nerf on katarina is deserved, neither was ezreal's, nor shaco's.

In fact, you may as well just fire every last piece of support staff Riot has because EVERY CHAMPION HAS A COUNTER. WOOOOOOOO

Cybroxis

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHatCracker View Post
PBE nerfs to Yi atm that I've seen was what everyone wanted in some ways. His Alpha Strike cost more mana, which for an already low mana pool leave him not being able to spam the hell outta it anymore. His W, the heal, got it's heal MASSIVELY nerfed on it's AP ratio. like +4 AP ratio to +1.5 AP ratio, huge difference but he still retains his 500 armor/mr so he'll still be hard to kill he just won't be healing for 4k with only a large rod.
Haha, see now that's what I mean - If you happen to just build roa and a rylais, you already have tons of health - he still has that ability to do dmg if he's stunned or w/e in the middle of his channel - but his heal had to be nerfed. I don't mind so much the dmg on his q, but being able to heal up your entire health with one large rod even with an ignite was too much - it's like Nunu having a 10.0 AP Ratio with his ult (It's already high, but at least he doesn't disappear as he's about to die, be immune to slows, and with ghost go at the same speed as homeguard boots with his ult on. :/

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybroxis View Post
Lol so you're saying Yi is meant to be played AP, just like AP Shaco or AP Kogmaw. Ok
No, im saying that AP yi is a waste of time. He is easily outclassed by real AP champs. The AP ratios mostly help when he gets hybrid or random AP bonuses rather than when he wastes item slots building AP.

He did well in tournaments because they had a teamcomp designed around him but then he was just doing something karthus or katarina likely couldve done better. Hell with that shen + nunu combo actually working out any team wouldve been in deep enough **** for the midlaner to show off.

AP yi is a cute gimmick with lots of upsides offset by glaring weaknesses such as a lack of overall damage potential and less control of when and where the damage can be delivered. His heal is nothing special coming from a carry, carries heal like this all the time which is precisely why assassins are often the best equipped to shutdown heal sustain DPS champs.

Cereal is not impress :/

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHatCracker View Post
The nerf to his heal is actually going to be a buff to AD yi. They made an error in the wording of the ability according to a redpost.

the duration is being lowered to 3 seconds meaning AD (and AP I guess) yi will get the full effect faster.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-26-2013

Quote:
Haha, see now that's what I mean - If you happen to just build roa and a rylais, you already have tons of health - he still has that ability to do dmg if he's stunned or w/e in the middle of his channel - but his heal had to be nerfed. I don't mind so much the dmg on his q, but being able to heal up your entire health with one large rod even with an ignite was too much - it's like Nunu having a 10.0 AP Ratio with his ult (It's already high, but at least he doesn't disappear as he's about to die, be immune to slows, and with ghost go at the same speed as homeguard boots with his ult on. :/
... what the f*** are you talking about?

Kirito3689

01-26-2013

Quote:
Oh so then Riot shouldn't nerf any champion aside from their stuns, because just because a champion can be stunned or silenced means ratios, damage, or lane sustainability means nothing. Gotcha.

Hear that Riot, people want the old darius back, the oooooold eve back, the old fiddlesticks, and nobody thinks this nerf on katarina is deserved, neither was ezreal's, nor shaco's.

In fact, you may as well just fire every last piece of support staff Riot has because EVERY CHAMPION HAS A COUNTER. WOOOOOOOO
Lol most entertaining post ever!!! Well at least u have a serious passion lol. Honestly I could never do Riots balancing job, nor would I want to. I just keep on playing. I am not saying changes should not be made nor do I care as I love ap yi, but what I am saying is that he is one easy guy to counter and I do believe that some champs don't need to be touched because they can be countered. Some champs are meant to be countered and that should never change, otherwise ranked should be blind.

Anywho you got me to post more than once in a month so for that I commend ur emotion to the game ;-). On another note, if an ap yi can sustain his lane and not feed to a morde, cho, ahri, TF, brand, fizz, fiddle, Malz, or leblanc id question the players. Hell just for fun ill throw garen in there with his silence. Remember ap yi has a looong cooldown on alpha strike early and even with 40% cdr at max rank alpha it can only be used every 6 seconds.

Making suggestions for change is great, but if you don't learn to adapt and counter in the mean time ur only screwing yourself. Especially when some counters are so easy u make urself look good in front of ur team ;-)

Posted on my galaxy SIII (you know u jelly)

PerfidiousAlbion

01-26-2013

His heal is a non-issue if you have a decent team, and everything else he does Kat does far far better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtruck View Post
AP Yi's getting nerfed on the PBE. Chill.
Unjustly, yes.

Quote:

Why is it so hard for people to understand that long channeled abilities make them weaker to CC than other champs? AP Yi functionally has two abilities, and one of those is effectively removed if the enemy team is competent and uses interrupts well. Alpha Strike is a great ability, but if it's functionally your entire kit then it's not going to do the trick.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-26-2013

Quote:
actually, I don't particularly have an issue with any of this except the old eve just because antistealth got nerfed since then and was never that convinient to begin with. But even then she probably wouldnt be a huge issue

IS1cf9d4c218a71e43afee7

01-26-2013

How about, banshe veil and GA?