Is AP Yi overpowered

Yes 68 52.71%
No 61 47.29%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

AP Yi is broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cybroxis

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brnut View Post
AP yi is not that overpowered you simply need to counter him like any other champ every champ has their weaknesses for example Fizz owns ap yi every time as Playful/trickster and dodge alpha strike
Fiddlesticks counters yi with his silence/fear

I hear a lot of qq about him lately and im not sure why just a little bit of cc(doesnt take much) and hes dead in 2seconds
And I'm sure Darius didn't need a nerf because you could stun him. Pls buff him again, and watch me get 2 pentakills in a game where I singlehandedly get a victory in 20 minutes flat


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brnut

Junior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybroxis View Post
And I'm sure Darius didn't need a nerf because you could stun him. Pls buff him again, and watch me get 2 pentakills in a game where I singlehandedly get a victory in 20 minutes flat
Darius got nerfed and it was well deserved hes a shadow of his former self. hes not picked near as often (in my exp) hes too easily countered with an irelia/teemo top


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybroxis View Post
And I'm sure Darius didn't need a nerf because you could stun him. Pls buff him again, and watch me get 2 pentakills in a game where I singlehandedly get a victory in 20 minutes flat
Darius got nerfed because his ability didn't do precisely what RIOT said it was supposed to do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybroxis View Post
And I'm sure Darius didn't need a nerf because you could stun him. Pls buff him again, and watch me get 2 pentakills in a game where I singlehandedly get a victory in 20 minutes flat
against baddies this can be done with anychamp. I had to disconnect yesterday but as ahri I had already just about taken 2 towers down by the 15 minute mark and had yet to be ganked. My opponent was fizz


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

acer56

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Nerf ap yi
nerf ad yi
nerf jungle yi

riot lets kill that character


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
against baddies this can be done with anychamp. I had to disconnect yesterday but as ahri I had already just about taken 2 towers down by the 15 minute mark and had yet to be ganked. My opponent was fizz
Just checked, I left during the laning phase and we actually won that game too lol

Edit: checked again, they also had katarina and shaco, two more champs people keep *****ing about


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cybroxis

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Just checked, I left during the laning phase and we actually won that game too lol

Edit: checked again, they also had katarina and shaco, two more champs people keep *****ing about
Lol Ahri's not hard to shut down. Those were just baddies, but I'm not talking about normals or 500 elo - if you watch even high level streams, you will see the same trends I'm talking about, only even more excacerbated - Yi has more mobility (constant, not Ahri's burst) than almost any other possible AP champion, if he dominates his lane with high cs, he can be top or bottom in 2 or 3 seconds flat, kill the person, have his ult off cd, heal, q again, and then ult again to get back to lane without breaking a sweat. Now i don't mind his mobility as a melee adc, but the EXTREMELY high ap ratio on his heal makes this mobility ridiculous, as in a teamfight, he can aoe the entire enemy team for 1000 dmg each, heal to full health after running back to a bush, aoe again, ghost, and aoe/heal again, without even condidering the ulti refresh. he's worse than katarina lol XD

Oh and btw what I said happened to me happened more often than not (because Darius was overpowered) - just saying :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybroxis View Post
Lol Ahri's not hard to shut down. Those were just baddies, but I'm not talking about normals or 500 elo - if you watch even high level streams, you will see the same trends I'm talking about, only even more excacerbated - Yi has more mobility (constant, not Ahri's burst) than almost any other possible AP champion, if he dominates his lane with high cs, he can be top or bottom in 2 or 3 seconds flat, kill the person, have his ult off cd, heal, q again, and then ult again to get back to lane without breaking a sweat. Now i don't mind his mobility as a melee adc, but the EXTREMELY high ap ratio on his heal makes this mobility ridiculous, as in a teamfight, he can aoe the entire enemy team for 1000 dmg each, heal to full health after running back to a bush, aoe again, ghost, and aoe/heal again, without even condidering the ulti refresh. he's worse than katarina lol XD

Oh and btw what I said happened to me happened more often than not (because Darius was overpowered) - just saying :P
Lol, what highlevel stream might you be talking about? Maybe you mean the one's where 5000 ELO smurfs run around playing against nobody special to make themselves look good for the camera? Or maybe the random streams that may or may not have a good ahri or a bad one that just picked for the counter potential which you shouldnt pick ahri for anyways? Even if there is a reason to be worried about AP yi, it's got nothing to do with ahri.

Ahri doesnt need constant mobility, she just needs enough to dunk you.
Ahri doesnt need a meditate, she has a heal that isnt countered by CC and doesnt disable or require a channel
Ahri doesnt mind breaking a sweat, cuz she doesnt have to screw around in the lane she's ganking for like 3 minutes to finally get the kill due to cooldowns and lack of attack skills.
Ahri doesnt need to be useless until her team does all the work in teamfights, she has CC true damage, multitarget damage and can actually remove real threats like fed mages... or annoying little fox snacks like AP yi.

Edit: btw don't farm with alpha strike against ahri in orb range, she can see what order you hit the minions in bruh


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirito3689

Master Recruiter

01-26-2013

Ap yi problem? Morde says he wants you to choose him and he would be mildly surprised if said ap yi was able to actually do any damage at all outside his shield ;-).

Chogath wanted a word with u too. Something about his knockup and silence combo being the easiest thing in the world to land when said ap yi is attempting to meditate.

Twisted fate mentioned something about his stun but the other 2 got thier point across quite well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cybroxis

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Lol, what highlevel stream might you be talking about? Maybe you mean the one's where 5000 ELO smurfs run around playing against nobody special to make themselves look good for the camera? Or maybe the random streams that may or may not have a good ahri or a bad one that just picked for the counter potential which you shouldnt pick ahri for anyways? Even if there is a reason to be worried about AP yi, it's got nothing to do with ahri.

Ahri doesnt need constant mobility, she just needs enough to dunk you.
Ahri doesnt need a meditate, she has a heal that isnt countered by CC and doesnt disable or require a channel
Ahri doesnt mind breaking a sweat, cuz she doesnt have to screw around in the lane she's ganking for like 3 minutes to finally get the kill due to cooldowns and lack of attack skills.
Ahri doesnt need to be useless until her team does all the work in teamfights, she has CC true damage, multitarget damage and can actually remove real threats like fed mages... or annoying little fox snacks like AP yi.

Edit: btw don't farm with alpha strike against ahri in orb range, she can see what order you hit the minions in bruh
Lol so you're saying Yi is meant to be played AP, just like AP Shaco or AP Kogmaw. Ok