@Riot, The death of tanks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irish Red Cap

01-27-2013

Rammus taunt is the longest in the game even with tenacity. It forces people to buy either QSS/Merc scim/or take cleanse on their carry. If they don't it's not hard to taunt an assassin and watch him melt. His AoE disrupt with powerball in the middle of fights can easily screw up targetting for the other team and his ult does decent damage.

As for Nautilas, he's not a tank worth anything. It's simple to avoid his chain and after his ult he has nothing but AA for little damage and not even worth paying attention to until the rest of the team is dead.

Crimson5pheonix

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHatCracker View Post
Rammus taunt is the longest in the game even with tenacity. It forces people to buy either QSS/Merc scim/or take cleanse on their carry. If they don't it's not hard to taunt an assassin and watch him melt. His AoE disrupt with powerball in the middle of fights can easily screw up targetting for the other team and his ult does decent damage.

As for Nautilas, he's not a tank worth anything. It's simple to avoid his chain and after his ult he has nothing but AA for little damage and not even worth paying attention to until the rest of the team is dead.
Except his AAs root and deal extra damage weather or not he builds AD? That's the thing about tanks, they may not deal carry damage, but they deal noticeable damage without actually building damage.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHatCracker View Post
Rammus' taunt is also one of 4 taunts in the game, so "longest" isn't much of an achievement. Ahri's is longest range, and the only one that doesn't force attacking. Galio's is largest AoE, and longest duration on an AoE. Shen's is the only one that debuffs damage while taunting.

It's not hard to taunt a BAD assassin and watch him melt in a team fight. It's also not hard for an assassin to wait until you taunt someone else and then dive in. You'll either be holding your taunt for him and never disable anyone, or you'll taunt someone else and let the assassin kill something. That's what an assassin who knows what they're doing will do against Rammus.

Powerball has a very small AoE on the knockback, unless they're making a conga line you might hit 2 people if you're lucky.

His ultimate does decent damage IF THEY STAND THERE FOR 8 SECONDS.

Anachronity

01-27-2013

I love the OP's troll math. %Apen stacks multiplicatively, not additively. Also keep in mind that armor has diminishing returns, so even if, after armor penetration/reduction, the tank has 30-40 armor left that's still a significant portion of damage blocked. An AD champ who is building last whisper and black cleaver is an AD champ who is not building crit chance, attack speed, or more AD. Health counters % armor penetration, just like armor counters pure AD.

Irish Red Cap

01-27-2013

An AD champ who builds BC and LW is counter building to a tanky team. You want to build a bunch of crit damage and no armor pen then hell yes I'm gonna stack armor and laugh as you do less damage than a jungle mob.

B4 you decide to post something so ignorant of in-game play go play a few more games and learn to counterbuild.

Problem is you build those items and it doesn't matter what a tank builds. Armor, Hp, whatever you still have range and higher constant damage than any other class in the game. Besides most ADC don't have to waste money on BC since bruisers fill that item in now for the HP and CDR, and if you're trying to tell me an ADC isn't going to build LW sometime in a game then I don't even know why you bothered posting.

Awfully Beast

01-27-2013

I do agree that being a TANK has dropped off quit a bit. They have a more developed role in s3 with the IMPORTANCE of cc and peeling, Peeling is going to be essential skill that YOU the SUMMONER needs to learn to be an effective tank. I play mao a bit and get items like the golem jungle item, sunfire, frozen heart, ect, ect. But more importantly i use my cc well to keep my carries alive and bursting down their team.

One thing that does become a problem with the 'penatration' in s3 is that if the carries do die, those champs with LW or BC will win.

* Note on that: BC is in serious need of a nerf, it is the go to item for almost every ad champion except ranged ad carries.almost like IE for adc last year, but much more deadly, bc it doesnt take basic attacks to get stacks on it. Just physical damage.

Irish Red Cap

01-27-2013

I play mao as well as my main atm. Typical build is stacking nothing but HP and Armor out the ass. Sad thing is, APC's tickle, Towers tickle, supports don't even draw my attention, but ADC and Bruiser's can almost 4-5 shot me even with ninja tabi and a butt load of armor. That's the purpose of this thread. Riot needs to take a step back and realize they messed up when they made the hardest hitters in the game hit even harder while tweaking back those that should "nuke" or be able to "tank" the damage.

My entire game-play as Mao is not really an initiator anymore it's more keep my eyes on our teams ADC and if someone gets even close to them all my CC goes onto that person and my ult around the ADC as I watch them devastate any "tank" stupid enough to pull off a dive.

Autocthon

01-27-2013

Build HP and dual purpose offense/defense items on tanks. Profit.

Because other than a few tanks they scale well with the dual purpose items.

Rylais
RoA
Abyssal Sceptre
Hourglass
Wit's End
Grail

All good options on a number of tanks that make them more threatening without throwing their tankiness out the window.

Edit: Forgpot Liandry's Torment, that thing is great on so many tanks its not even funny.