So, why is AD Thresh the only way?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kystys

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRage Hard Sorry View Post
Okay to clear things up for people, like this fine person, about why AD thresh is viable.
His passive will pick up orbs which give him AP. So why build him AD? His Q makes it so there is a minimum set damage at which all of his basic attacks do damage. When his Q is max stacks you can hit them for massive damage mid game (like an extra 500) then Q pull them which RESETS the stacks. Then massive damage again then boom, about 1000 extra damage. So because his Q gains damage off of AP this means his auto attacks gain damage off of AP. So the orbs he picks up count towards his AA damage. With some good attack speed items his damage is amazing, while he is still a CC machine. With an IE and some AS he can easily be an ADC.

Uh, I'm guessing you meant 'AD' for most of those 'AP'. Otherwise you just gave proof not to build AD.

Edit: I found something out today and was surprised it wasn't covered, but you can collect souls without getting yourself in (too much) danger by throwing the lantern at them.

HingoftheKill

01-29-2013

AD scales pretty fast on him, and overall his ap ratio's aren't the best, but I still find going tanky is a better way to go. I also like to find other ways to add damage to him. Magic Pen is probably the thing that will most improve his DPS. I really like Spirit of the Lizard Elder on him (even if I'm not jungle with him) for dat true damage + cheap AD. Sunfire is also great.

Stringfever

01-29-2013

Look, what we have here is a creepy green Nidalee from Shadow Isles who DOMINATES top lane. You get AP eventually, late game (if nothing goes terribly wrong) you get 100ap~ from passive. A pre 20min Black Cleaver on Thresh top lane is devastating and can zone the **** out of that melee ***** you are facing. Also, with armor pen runes+masteries, you can zone the guy real early, like lv1-2 and your cc allows an early ganker jungle to help you gettin early advantage. Can you all imagine a Q+E combo paired with a red buffed Lee Sin or Mao'Kai? Welp: that's the power of poking. Also, I like the Nidalee comparison. She scales amazingly from AP, but bruiser nida 2gud.

You can proceed to keep bulding Thresh with a "on-hit" oriented build. Triforce/Frozen Mallet/Iceborn Gauntle are all top-tier items on him (not altogether; would be overkill). That allows you to be a front line meatshield with a really strong initiation and very annoying poke. Rilays/Guinsoo/Stattik... There's a lot of possibilities. Holy ****, I real love this game.

First post on forum, sorry my poor english. Peace out.

Taituga

02-10-2013

As a Thresh player, I indeed go with AD simply because I play him with the purpose of being rounded. You gain AP with souls throughout the game, I work towards AD to be able to dish out some pain early on. By mid to late game, not only do I now have a a fair bit of souls, which converts into AP. I now pose a threat of being able to dish out both means of damage via my Q-E-R or Q-R-E combo. Sure I wont be a power house like those pure breed AD or AP but I can say that unless you build armor and MR at the same time, I end up hurting my target rather bad (^_^)

collecting souls is rather easy, the lantern can also be used to collect souls if your hiding on the other side of a wall or the souls are too close to an enemy. ;D so my soul counts stacks rather quick.

OrangeRazor

10-21-2013

Holy **** you AD thresh players are so annoying. First of all the pull does not reset the stacks according the wikia and the only way to use the stacks is to stop attacking. Even if it DID reset, are you telling me you are going to hit someone once dive in, hit him again and then die because you are building AD? Are you serious?

OK so maybe you will try to pull yourself in. PULL YOURSELF IN AS ADC??? Tris dies so often doing that, but at least she can keep attacking. OMG there is so much wrong with Thresh ADC I do not understand how people can be so dumb. One skill with AD scaling that works every 10 secs is not a reason to build ADC, holy **** you are dumb.

Fun Fact: you can teleport to the lantern.