[Champion Concept] - Sah'Ven, the Void Reaper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DryRun

01-25-2013

Sah'Ven, the Void Reaper

Overview
Quote:
Gender - Female
Race - Void Reaper
Origin - Void
Alliance - Void
Class - Mage
Subclass - Ranged, Support
Weapon - Whips out with her guide ropes
Attack Type - Ranged
Energy Source - Mana
Description
Quote:
Sah'Ven is an ability power mage who excels at displacing her targets and causing massive Aoe damage around them. Early game she has great farming potential and solid harass. Past level six she excels at ganking other lanes, using her high mobilty ultimate to get into position. She is a Voidborn reaper, ancient demons who possess their victims and destroy the enemy from within. With her access to Runeterra cut off, Sah'Ven spent an eternity studying a small crack between the dimensions, finally figuring out a way to possess a creature on the other side. Her plan went perfectly until she found and infected a terrifying dragon, only to find it was a parade float.
Quick Ability Overview
Quote:
Passive - Sah'Vens attacks apply a Dot based off her max mana. If the enemy dies in the duration she is refunded mana.

Q -Sweeping cone that damages and pushes enemies aside.

W - Aoe Dot that can spread among enemies when they die.

E - Shield that can be recast to slow enemies.

R - A brief flight ability that allows Sah'Ven to avoid obstacles or position for ganking. Causes damage upon landing.
Abilities

Quote:
Passive - Voidrage - All Voidborn have an innate affinity for mana, and Sah'Ven is a master of manipulation magic, causing her abilities to damage her enemies for 5% of her missing mana over 3 Seconds. If an enemy dies while affected, Sah'Ven regains mana equal to the damage dealt by the passive.
This passive has a lot of uses. First, its extra damage, as ap mage all damage helps. Especially with all her Aoe abilites. Second it gives lane sustain, by regening her mana. Also it really emphasizes last hitting minions, and rewards good mechanics by casting and hitting minions to get the regen. Keep in mind brands passive is 8% of your max HP.
Quote:
Q - Sweeping Strings - Sah'Ven finds a use for all the guide wires hanging off her limbs and flings them out towards an enemy, swatting them aside. On cast, a loose net of ropes flies from left to right (alternates every other cast) in a cone, any enemies caught inside are swept to the edge of the cone and receive 60/110/160/210/260 (+ 30% AP) magic damage.

-Type - Ground target Aoe skillshot
-Buff/Debuff Type - Displacement
-Duration - 1.25 Seconds
-Range - 450
-AoE - Cone 45 degrees
-Cost - 60/75/90/105/120 mana
-Cooldown - 15/14/13/12/11
-Target Type - Enemy champions and minions
Her cc move, great for ganking. It does moderate damage but is a powerful displacement. Every other cast is sweeps from the opposite direction, so you have to gank from the right direction. I imagine you push your lane then run to another, ulting into position you can use this to sweep your enemies back into lane buying more time for you and your allies.
Quote:
W - Blood Wound - Sah'Ven infects an area of ground, causing all who enter to suffer a virulent plague like disease. This spell creates a circle of void corruption on the ground for 3 seconds. Any targets who enter are infected and take 20/35/50/65/80 (+0.3ap) magic damage per second for twice as long as they spent in the effected area.
Additionally, any target that dies while affected by this spell will explode, dealing damage equal to what they took from this ability in an Aoe. Enemies hit by this explosion have a 30/35/40/45/50% chance of being infected by Blood Wound for 3 seconds.

-Type - Ground target Aoe
-Buff/Debuff - Blood Wound
-Duration on ground - 3 seconds
-Duration of effect - Up to twice as long as target was in corrupted ground (max 6 seconds)
-Range - 700
-AoE - 300
-Cost - 70/85/100/115/130 mana
-Cooldown - 10 seconds
-Target Type - Enemy champions and minions
This is a great farming tool early game. It transitions well into late game by having the potential to unleash massive amounts of Aoe damage if you can get a team fight going amidst minions. Its damage in a 1 v 1 has a lot to do with whether you can sweep them back into it if they try to leave.
Quote:
E - Malevolent Shield - Using her innate strength Sah'Ven works with what she has, creating a shield out of gooey paper mache taken from her dragon skin. Target self or ally to cast a shield that will absorb up to 80/120/160/200/240 (+0.75 ap) damage for up to 5 seconds.

Malevolent Shield can be recast anytime before it is destroyed to deploy a slowing sticky ooze at a target location. On recast the shield is shed by the target champion and onto the ground, slowing enemies above it by 30/35/40/45/50% (multiplied by the % remaining on the shield) (IE, if the shield was damaged by 50%, then the slow would be half as effective). Slow lasts for the amount of time remaining on the shields 5 second duration plus 2.

-Type - Single target
-Buff/Debuff Type - Shield
-Duration - Up to 5 seconds
-Range - 800 cast
-Radius - (Aoe of recast) 250
-Cost - 70/80/90/100/110 mana
-Cooldown - 16 Seconds
-Target Type - Self or ally (minions included)
This is a support type spell that also can work great on yourself thanks to its ability to alternate as a slow. It works great when cast on allied melee champions as well as on yourself during lane trades. My idea is to make lane ganks more of a game, you can shield yourself but if you want a successful gank you must cast your shield on the ground for its slow, leaving you vulnerable to damage. Allowed it to cast on minions in the off chance you can send a slow into their team (fun).
Quote:
R - Hap-hazardous Flight - Through sheer force of will Sah'Ven takes her new body into the air. On first cast Sah'Ven builds up 50/60/70% movement speed over 4 seconds (at this point if you choose not to cast again, the cooldown is halved). On second cast between 2-4 seconds Sah'Ven leaves the ground behind, ignoring terrain obstacles and maintain the bonus move speed for an additional 4 seconds. When the duration is up, or on the third recast, Sah'Ven crashes back to earth dealing 250/375/500 (+ 90% AP) magic damage to surrounding enemies.

-Type - Self buff
-Buff/Debuff Type - Flight
-Duration - Speed boost up to 4 seconds, Flight 4 seconds
-Radius - (damage on landing) 250
-Cost - 150 Mana
-Cooldown - 120/110/100 seconds
-Target Type - Self
I think this would be a really fun ult, its good for escaping and initiating. Its great for ganking other lanes. Its not super damaging especially considering the cooldown and cost. It does give a lot of utility, and should let Sah'Ven players always get the drop on their opponents.
Base Stats
Quote:
Damage 51 (+3.2 / per level)
Health 405 (+79 / per level)
Mana 250 (+45 / per level)
Move Speed 330
Armor 12 (+3.5 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 4.5 (+0.55 / per level)
Mana Regen 7 (+0.6 / per level)
Appearance
Quote:
-Height - Big, but not exactly tall, more long. Think smaller darker Shivana in dragon form.
-Physical Build - Dragony, but a Puppet one with wood and rope.
-Style and color - Voidish, so blacks and purples.
-Eye color - Red i Guess
-Weapons - Whips out with the ropes attacked to her limbs.
-Attire - N\A
Lore
Quote:
Within the Void lurks innumerable armies of unspeakable horror. Controlling these hordes are the Voidborn, ancient and power creatures whose rule encompasses all that they survey. They would be content to stagnate and lavish themselves in the knowledge that every world in existence was subjugated to their dark whims - if only that were the case. As it stands the Voidborn are provoked into an intolerable rage by the world of Runeterra. Its existence is a continual proof of their only defeat. Banished from its lands ages ago by a magic they still do not understand, the Voidborn have nursed their hatred for so long it has consumed them. Even in the midst this backdrop, there are some whose vehemence towards Runeterra is incomparable. Chief amongst these are the creatures known as Reapers. As the traditional vanguards of the Voids invasion forces, Reapers have the ability to inhabit the bodies of their victims, feeding off their strengths as they converted the mind. However, bereft of their purpose the Reapers have gathered on mass to the points where the veil between worlds is thinnest, and they look upon Runterra with a hunger that has become a madness.

Sah'Ven was a legend among the Reapers. Her strength and subtlety in possessing victims was unmatched. Time and again she proved herself, infiltrating the highest ranks of resistant worlds and destroying them from within. She was adamant this world would be no different. She spent an eternity confronting the veil, at times carefully testing it with infinite patience, at other times throwing herself against it like a caged animal. Eventually, Sah'Van began to construct a plan. All her time spent at the veil had given her enough insight to concoct a desperate plan.

She waited for a time when the veils natural ebbing coincided with a mass distraction of Runeterras summoners. The battle for Ionia provided the perfect distraction. As the entire world focused on the unstable dispute between Demancia and Noxus, Sah'ven diminished herself as small as she dared and plunged towards Runeterra. Only a fraction of her once powerful self made it through the crack between worlds, and in her weakened state she had only a matter of moments to seize control of the most powerful creature she could find. Luckily for her, she immediately happened upon a great black dragon terrorizing a crowded city. As thousands ran screaming from the beast, she streaked towards it, passing into and settling into control of it. She roared in triumph. Thoughts of conquest and destruction played through her mind as she lifted papery wings and stomped wooden feet against the cobbled street, only to fade into confusion and then rage as she realized her mistake. She now played host to a great black parade float! Sickened by her circumstances, she flew into a tantrum. Yet despite the insane thrashing, she barely resisted when League summoners came to tame the rampaging puppet. Perhaps in a place overflowing with magic she could find a way into a more useful host. She had learned to bide her time...

"Ha Ha Ha" - Cho'Gath
"I must put an end to this abomination" - Kassadin
Dialogue

Quote:
-Champion Selection
-Movement Quotes
-Attacking Quotes
-Q Use
-W Use
-E Use
-R Use
-Taunts
-Jokes
-Recall
-Champion Interactions
Please leave some feedback.
If you liked this champion, here is a link to all my concepts in one spot, Dryruns Champion Muster Point, so stop on by and have a look, see what you like. There is a champion for every type of sensibility. Review and leave a link for a trade. Good luck with all your creating!

DryRun

01-26-2013

Completed First draft of abilities, only missing base stats now. Extra work is required on mana and mana regen because of the passive. Please let me know what you think.
PS what quote is better at the end of the lore?

OuttaControl56

01-29-2013

I downvote this because I want my female void champ. There can only be ONE!

Joking, of course. :P

I do like the ultimate, its like a move-able Shyvana ult, which is nice.

Speaking of Shyvana, the probably have some major rivalry going on... xP

The E is a nice little move, maybe you could even cast it on minions and enemy minions or even enemy champions as a mini-Zilean bomb.

W reminds me too much of Morgana, maybe for a twist you could lower the ratios and make it a moveable AOE? Something which follows a path that you design or targets the nearest champion? Maybe that's too unfair, even if you nerf its damage and such.

The Q is nice, and is a great set up for the W.

The major thing that makes Sah'Ven something her passive. Great early game for the last burst before you B, which either gets you a kill or forces your opponent to B as well. I would say to make it true damage to make sure the damage is there and scary. Maybe give it a minor 2-3 second cooldown.

I feel that players will be forced to build her mana heavy, she can become a big arse terror late game. Its tempting to give her blue buff but then you are missing out on that passive.

Of course, there has been a massive flux of Void Champs lately. If you're interested, feel free to check out mine: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3055445

I have no shame. : P

DryRun

02-26-2013

@ Outtacontrol

Thanks for the review.

I should throw in some jealousy hi-jinx between her and Shivana.

The ult is designed for lane ganks and more utility then anything else. Also good for desperate last chance damage.

E the damage on this scales with the damage it absorbed, so right now its designed to be cast on champions that dont want focus, IE you or other carries and not your tanks. I will consider what you said, but i like how this spell works a bit as a deterrent.

W i know is a lot like morg and lux, but thats because she fits in a similar place. her kit kinda requires a lock down. Maybe i can think of a more original snare.

Her passive i think it very cool, im actually trying to synergize with it better. I try to stay away from true damage.

I think i got a review in on your champ.

I know so many voids, i wonder why?

DryRun

12-17-2013

Long time gone, but im back. Ive been thinking thematically, im going to change her shield to fit the lore better, and make her more niche, what im thinking is like a polar opposite to morgana, where she shields herself from physical damage with her paper mache and each time she is attacked slows their attack speed by a percent, sorta built in frozen heart type thing, making her more of a physical counter. i want to work on the blood wound ability too, but maintain her strengths which are team fights and ganks.

Hrolfgar Bloodax

12-18-2013

I like Sah'Ven a lot lol She is actually a lot like my void Support I had made as far as the ulti and E is concerned.

The Passive could us work. I like the idea of it but that combined with the dot gives her a lot of pushing power and reminds me of malzhars E.

Q- Kinda seems like a copy of Morgs' Q. Again its not bad but just put more imagination into the skills I guess im trying to say.

W- Of course I like this skill lol its just like my Void Support champs W which I think is an awesome concept.

E- Cool idea but reminds me of a Targetable Sion shield. Not completely terrible but more times or not im only popping Sions' Shield early when people are running away from me and I need that burst damage. Since your Champ is a support I dont think there would be a lot of cases when your going to want to shield the adc the pop it when early to give alittle burst. Ideas on the right track but how bout instead you do something like:

E - Malevolent Shield - Using her innate strength Sah'Ven works with what she has, creating a shield out of hardened paper mache taken from her dragon skin. Target self or ally to cast a shield that will absorb up to 80/120/160/200/240 (+0.5 ap) damage for up to 5 seconds.

Upon the shields destruction Malevolent Shield grants the barer a large amount (15/20/30/40/50 +0.3 ap) of HP regen/5 for 10 second, If the shield is not destroyed the HP regen does not take effect.

-Type - Single target
-Buff/Debuff Type - Shield
-Duration - Up to 5 seconds
-Range - 800
-Radius - (Aoe of recast) 250
-Cost - 70/80/90/100/110 mana
-Cooldown - 10 Seconds
-Target Type - Self or ally

This gives some lane sustained and makes it if people are focusing the adc they might change their mind since it gives them a large heal regen at the end. OR burn ignite to counter the regen bonus. Seems like a more support spell :P because if im solo queing adc and the support picks your champ they are going to be ******s and pop the E everytime to steal the kill from me just a thought.

R- I like the are. Kind of like mine but without I want to stay in combat aspect that mine has. Yours has more let me escape on it. Which isn't bad but if your ulti is being used to escape a death trap 75% of the time its kind of a pointless skill if you get what im saying.

I like the idea don't get me wrong but im just thinking about the big picture. How often would this be used it support of your team? Probably next to never unless your trying to catch someone running away. What I see it being used for is team fight at dragon the come to counter, Your in the back because your a ranged support and boom they are all over you. Pop Ulti get away. 100 seconds later you can do it again :P

Its not terrible but I think it could be worked better to give it more Ultimate Skill status

DryRun

12-18-2013

Great idea with the shield. It's good solo for sustain and good support.
I was worried about the Q being too generic. It's actually a lot like Namis Q. Although this concept predates her. I'm think of ways to make it more unique. Possibly making it a displacement that alternates between sweeping from left and right.
I want to simplify the W. while also making it more consistent. Possibly giving it fixed damage to be divided by the number of enemies effected.
I see what you mean about the ult and agree whole heartedly. It was ment to be either an escape or a bank initiation. I think if I change the Q to a sweeping displacement, while changing the shield I can use it so the ult becomes a ganging initiation where you fly over the wall into a lane. Push the enemies towards the center of the lane and commence wreaking havok.

Thanks for the insightful review.

Hrolfgar Bloodax

12-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryRun View Post
Great idea with the shield. It's good solo for sustain and good support.
I was worried about the Q being too generic. It's actually a lot like Namis Q. Although this concept predates her. I'm think of ways to make it more unique. Possibly making it a displacement that alternates between sweeping from left and right.
I want to simplify the W. while also making it more consistent. Possibly giving it fixed damage to be divided by the number of enemies effected.
I see what you mean about the ult and agree whole heartedly. It was ment to be either an escape or a bank initiation. I think if I change the Q to a sweeping displacement, while changing the shield I can use it so the ult becomes a ganging initiation where you fly over the wall into a lane. Push the enemies towards the center of the lane and commence wreaking havok.

Thanks for the insightful review.

hey no problem if you do make the Q a displacement make it of which side of the effect hits the target so its predictable like dravens E also dnt get me wrong I like the idea of the Ulti being an initiation but how often would you want your Sona to flash over a wall to grab the enemy team :P just a thought

DryRun

12-21-2013

More of a Morgana then a sona.
My idea is for a champ with pushing power and ganking power.
She pushes to tower then hanks another lane.
I want the ability to displace be a sweep. I will discribe it in the main post.

DryRun

12-22-2013

Edited: Changed Q from root to sweeping displacement, perfect for ganking lanes from the side.
Changed Shield from damage on recast to slow on recast, more utility, more trade offs.
Bumped up AP ratios on blood wound to compensate for loss of AP damage on shield.