Do you want to see Force of Nature re-added

Yes 62 73.81%
No 22 26.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Add Force Of Nature back into the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titanomagnus

01-28-2013

Yes please, bring back dat awesome armor.

I had just figured quite a few champs I liked to have it on, and then you removed it.

=(

sad to see it go.

67chrome

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plorpmeister View Post
Spirit Visage +50 magic resistance: okay pretty bad if an adc has to buy this at least if buffs up your life steal. Mostly noted because it is currently the highest magic resist item in the game.

Armor is currently much easier to build than magic resistance.
Runic Bulwark is the highest magic resistance item, it offers 60, the 30 MR and 30 from the aura stack together. Most AP Carrys excel in dealing widespread area-effect damage to every member of your team as well, so generating magic resistance in an area of effect makes it a better item than Force of Nature ever was for tanking for the same reason Frozen Heart is a better alternative to Thornmail.

As for building armor vs. magic resistance, that's only true for committed resistance items - so if you're a tank. It's exceptionally easier to pick up magic resistance in committed auto-attacking, ability-casting, or supportive builds in comparison to grabbing armor. You can go Maw of Malmortis + Wit's End + Mercurial Scimitar on auto-attackers and bruisers, and you can grab Mekail's Crucible, Athene's Unholy Grail, Twin Shadows, and Abyssal Scepter on mages and supports. Throw in a pair of Mercury Treads and Guardian Angel and you have an end-game build with magic resistance on every single item. So it's easier to pick up magic resistance on everyone that isn't a tank.

As for actual tank items, armor is more plentiful than magic resistance due to the multipliers available to physical damage in comparison to those available to magical damage. Armor has to divide the multipliers of attack speed, critical strike chance and damage, armor penetration, and cooldown reduction in addition to ever-scaling AD values. Magic resistance only has to put up with magic penetration and cooldown reduction multipling the ever-scaling AP values - and cooldown reduction generally doesn't help burst casters much at all, because they deal damage in a burst. Armor simply needs to mitigate damage taken at a greater pace than magic resistance to stay relevant - I'd say 100 armor is roughly equal to 50 magic resistance in the terms of the protection you actually get out of it. Which makes Runic Bulwark an exceptional item at mitigating the damage, and made Force of Nature pretty broken.

Schtauffenz

01-29-2013

FoN was so BA on old school morde... unfortunately they wrecked that playstyle anyway so I'm not missing FoN too much :P

X Zhaitan X

01-29-2013

That item would be so OP

Aeziir

01-31-2013

The highest MR item in the game right now is Spirit Visage, one of the most champion specific items in the game. THIS IS RETARDED. Put FoN back in the game! Tanks need it and everyone else needs to have a fighting chance countering a fed mid.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeziir View Post
The highest MR item in the game right now is Spirit Visage, one of the most champion specific items in the game. THIS IS RETARDED. Put FoN back in the game! Tanks need it and everyone else needs to have a fighting chance countering a fed mid.
Even if you don't use the Passive for anything but enhancing Warmogs regeneration, the CDR should be nice.

Aeziir

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Even if you don't use the Passive for anything but enhancing Warmogs regeneration, the CDR should be nice.
We're asking for FoN because we want a counter to AP. Health regen does not counter AP in team fights, in fact it may be the worst counter to AP since most AP damage is done in bursts so that you're either dead or teleporting to base, not regenerating health.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeziir View Post
We're asking for FoN because we want a counter to AP. Health regen does not counter AP in team fights, in fact it may be the worst counter to AP since most AP damage is done in bursts so that you're either dead or teleporting to base, not regenerating health.
Just saying that SV isn't a niche tank item- anyone who buys a Warmogs gets good use out of the passive.

Health/ MR is a solid counter for AP burst, and SV provides some of each.

Ballzofire

01-31-2013

No. Just no. You dont need mass mr. Just get health. it saves you from all damage. Not just magic. The only reason i could ever see to have a FoN is if the entire team went ap. Even then you should win anyways without it with a mogs on everyone. Resists were nerfed to the ground for a reason. We do NOT need unkillable tanks back.

Mastadon

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Soupcan View Post
Force of nature was a great item. And i was very sad to see it removed in season 3 and i know it has fallen out of the meta but i was thinking and i thought how you could possibly change it around to be a viable item again. so here are the possible statistics:

+25 hp regen per 5
+8 movment speed
+73 magic resist
+15 cooldown reduction
+250 health

Unique Passive: +2 hp regen per level
Unique Passive: increases healing and regeneration effects by 28%

Builds from: Spirit Visage, Null Magic Mantle, Rejuvenation Bead

Item Cost: 1030g
Total Cost: 3800g

So, basicly what it would do if it was in the game is that it would give you a late game, upgrade to spirit visage, and cost efficient hp regeneration for champions that need it for example: the high magic resist and enhanced healing would be great on Morgana and Vlad. Or tanky junglers that benefit from movement speed and regeneration ie Hecarim, Trundle, and Volibear. I do not think that im the only one out there who misses Force Of Nature, so if you wish it were back in the game please give feedback and support.
I completely agree with you on this one. I Force of Nature really needs to be put back into the game. Some people claim there are replacement items but to replace how good Force of Nature was, you would have to buy 2 or 3 of the new items, taking away your damage output. None of the new items compare to Force of Nature.