Why the added nerf to Trinity force

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hallagenic

05-27-2013

Was just playing league and realized that both iceborn guantlet and Trinityforce the finished items now only deal 125% 150% of base damage respectively. That means while Iceborn still provides a perma slow and an aoe affect to your damage.. trinityforce is ****ing useless. Why pay 4000g to get 150% of your BASE attack damage.. ok.. so now i do an added 200 damage every 2 ****ing seconds after using abilities.. wooooo! so worth 4000g .. i mean not like just going last whisper and black cleaver would result in more damage.. ohh wait.. plz update the item cost or remove this ****ing pos from the game and replace it with something else.

Seriously if your going to nerf it into pointlesness then just make a new item that fills the niche.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2013

Trinity Force has always been your base AD. Base AD at level 18 ranges from 90-130 iirc, so it's an additional 135-195 damage.

More importantly, Trinity Force is about the amalgam of stats. You get EVERYTHING with it. You just get Armor, AP and Mana with Gauntlet.

Slendie96

05-28-2013

The whole point of Trinity Force is that you get ALL of the stats buffed a bit. I agree that it's not a great item ranked or late game, but it is a good place for people to start. Also, any item with spell sword is GREAT with hecarim's e... sooooo.....

IonDragonX

05-28-2013

In my opinion, there are just not enough threes!

Basically, I'd like to see :
* three less attack speed
* two more crit chance
* one more move speed
* twenty more health
* ten more mana
* two percent more chance to slow
* one percent more slow for ranged champs
* one hundred twenty extra cost

Resulting in :

Quote:
Trinity Force (3963 gold)
+30 ability power
+30 attack damage
+27% attack speed
+12% critical strike chance
+9% movement speed
+270 health
+210 mana
Passive
Unique Passive - Icy: Your basic attacks have a 27% chance to slow your target's movement speed by 30% for 2 seconds (21% for ranged attacks).
Unique Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus damage equal to 150% of your base attack damage as physical damage.
See!
The perfected Trinity Force! More THREEs (or multiples thereof) that you could ever want!

Maelkor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2013

Someone suggested using a stinger in place of a zeal in the build (thus carrying over cd reduction and removing critical chance). Honestly, it'd make a lot of sense for pretty much every toon that wants / could want a trinity - jax, irelia, hecarin and shen if you're building damage; heck, it'd even be somewhat useful on lee sin, shyvana, ad eve (loldongs), ez, corki and poppy.

JustMyBassCannon

05-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelkor View Post
Someone suggested using a stinger in place of a zeal in the build (thus carrying over cd reduction and removing critical chance). Honestly, it'd make a lot of sense for pretty much every toon that wants / could want a trinity - jax, irelia, hecarin and shen if you're building damage; heck, it'd even be somewhat useful on lee sin, shyvana, ad eve (loldongs), ez, corki and poppy.
That's an interesting proposition. But you'd also lose the bonus Move Speed, which is kinda important.

Maelkor

05-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
That's an interesting proposition. But you'd also lose the bonus Move Speed, which is kinda important.
Why lose it? Zephyr also builds off Stinger and it has a bigger speed modifier (the highest static % speed modifier in fact) than Zeal or Trinity Force.

JustMyBassCannon

05-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelkor View Post
Why lose it? Zephyr also builds off Stinger and it has a bigger speed modifier (the highest static % speed modifier in fact) than Zeal or Trinity Force.
Zephyr gets it in the combine cost from Stinger and Pickaxe.
Zeal gets move speed from the combine cost of Dagger and Brawler Glove.

Stinger doesn't have the move speed on its own, and Trinity Force's combine cost is currently 3 gold. That doesn't exactly leave much room to add an entire stat in addition to the boost it gives to all the other stats already on the item.

Maelkor

05-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
Zephyr gets it in the combine cost from Stinger and Pickaxe.
Zeal gets move speed from the combine cost of Dagger and Brawler Glove.

Stinger doesn't have the move speed on its own, and Trinity Force's combine cost is currently 3 gold. That doesn't exactly leave much room to add an entire stat in addition to the boost it gives to all the other stats already on the item.
By that same logic, you're getting quite a bit from that 3 gold as it is, don't you think? Besides, if we're already looking into ways of making the item worthwhile, thereby changing it, I don't see why we couldn't change the cost in the process.

Vuther

05-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
In my opinion, there are just not enough threes!

Basically, I'd like to see :
* three less attack speed
* two more crit chance
* one more move speed
* twenty more health
* ten more mana
* two percent more chance to slow
* one percent more slow for ranged champs
* one hundred twenty extra cost

Resulting in :

See!
The perfected Trinity Force! More THREEs (or multiples thereof) that you could ever want!
The cost reduction from 3903 to 3843 broke my heart

Too little multiples of 3 now