Turrets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EUniqe

01-25-2013

Hey everyone,

So I have no doubt that everyone's aware of how useless turrets become at around lvl 10, you can easily turret dive with even the squishiest champs with no real consequences - if you're not bad, less than a quarter health lost.

However it's late game that needs some serious turret attention imo, as defending the inhibitors when everyone is at lvl 18 becomes impossible if the enemy team is stronger - the turret simply does nothing to protect the inhibitor, slowly taking off small portions of health of ONE champ while the defending team gets pwned. Then they all walk away and MAYBE one inattentive champ has been killed or had some health wiped off from the turret.

And what about solo top versing a duo? If the laning is consistent up and above lvl 10, with teamfights not happening yet, how am I supposed to defend myself against two other champs if the turret CANNOT help me in any significant way? If I'm turret hugging for the sake of survival, shouldn't the turret be my main source of defense?

My point is, am I the only one who thinks that turrets are quite literally useless after mid-game? They don't have any strategic benefits as they just don't do enough quick damage. A cait, zed, xin or any jumping/teleporting champ can easily jump in, get a kill and walk out with almost no health taken at all. How is that fair, when turrets can be dismissed as a threatening offense?

How are we supposed to maximize turrets' defensive purposes when they just don't do anything? Imo they need to be modified in one of two ways - either provide true damage (as this will unaffect strategy at early game while actually doing something at later levels) or, increasing the damage and speed of attacks with the highest lvl enemy champ i.e scale with the progress of the game.

I'm getting kinda annoyed with running back to my turret while being chased by more than one champ, only to turret hug and be killed anyway. I mean, am I supposed to build my strategy around negligence of the turrets? That seems hardly fair.

iEloquence

01-25-2013

I think that's why Riot made the turrets to steadily increasing damage to one target up to a specific cap.

Sorinta

01-26-2013

It is also designed like that on purpose. As the match grows longer it becomes easier and easier to push into the enemy base. The turrets become worthless and your remain dead for long period of times, and I think the minions even deal more damage. The purpose is to end the game so that it doesn't go on forever.

ForeverAwsome

01-26-2013

Especially to tanks, it does hardly any damage, say shen, or maplhite....

HoWallaWoH

01-26-2013

or rammus......or nasus.....or joe......

UgIierBetty

01-26-2013

you're forgetting that champions like Darius or Xin Zhao can turret dive you before they even hit level 6. T_T

M1ST4K3N

01-26-2013

What if turrets did damage based on a % of health instead of a flat damage amount? Or a mix of magical and physical damage. Personally, I've trolled lanes where I've built full Armor+health on a support, dove the tower, and the other laners on my team get away with full or nearly full health, a kill or two, and continue to farm/gain exp.

I'd also like to see the range of turrets increased a bit. Kind of crappy when an ez/sona combo can freely harass me while I'm standing behind the turret. Alternatively, maybe a defensive aura/buff when standing within a small radius of the turret?

Boagster

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud25 View Post
What if turrets did damage based on a % of health instead of a flat damage amount? Or a mix of magical and physical damage.
They don't do a flat damage, though. It scales with the number of subsequent tower hits. Stand there taking tower hits for too long, and they will hurt.

Quote:
Personally, I've trolled lanes where I've built full Armor+health on a support, dove the tower, and the other laners on my team get away with full or nearly full health, a kill or two, and continue to farm/gain exp.
That's not trolling, that's strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinta View Post
It is also designed like that on purpose. As the match grows longer it becomes easier and easier to push into the enemy base. The turrets become worthless and your remain dead for long period of times, and I think the minions even deal more damage. The purpose is to end the game so that it doesn't go on forever.
↑↑↑ THIS ↑↑↑

If the game is even, turrets will turn a fight around. If you (as a team) did a poor enough job earlier in the game to put the enemy team ahead of you enough where turrets become irrelevant, it's your own fault for letting it get to that.

SlamHannigan

01-26-2013

Quote:
What if turrets did damage based on a % of health instead of a flat damage amount? Or a mix of magical and physical damage. Personally, I've trolled lanes where I've built full Armor+health on a support, dove the tower, and the other laners on my team get away with full or nearly full health, a kill or two, and continue to farm/gain exp.

I'd also like to see the range of turrets increased a bit. Kind of crappy when an ez/sona combo can freely harass me while I'm standing behind the turret. Alternatively, maybe a defensive aura/buff when standing within a small radius of the turret?
The range of the turrets have always seemed okay to me, but I love the idea of an AoE buff given to players standing near their own turret. Increased health regen or Armor/MR, anything like that. It doesn't have to be huge, but I completely agree that turret-diving early game is an issue that throws off balance. It would also give other players an incentive to keep an eye on those turrets if they're busy jungling or something.

Airalia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

I have to say that I agree. This is a turret defense game mode. If the whole purpose of the game is team fights, then why not eliminate turrets all together? One strategy that used to be very viable is now useless. Turret hugging, you sacrifice experience and cs because you stay near your turret until the enemy team gets greedy and tries to dive on you. When you have a xin or some other bruiser it doesn't even matter. They could care less if the turret is hitting them because it doesn't do enough damage for it to matter. Especially if they've built any sort of hp item. I think that Riot needs to make up their minds and either do something to make the turrets do more damage mid/late game or completely remove the turret aspect of the game. What's the point in having turrets if all they are is decoration? Why should some players fear them while others could care less? What's their purpose?