Tier List - Twisted Treeline 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WillWW

02-04-2013

Nidalee may be t2, but for gods sake, 75% of the people that play her have no clue what the hell theyre doing. *throws spear* "okay, im done in the team fight until my cd is up!" *runs away*

Yetti

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caecus Scius View Post
Yetti- I'm telling you... Nasus is a legitimate jungle pick now...

Teir 3 or 4
I like trying all sorts of oddball junglers you don't normally see (Kayle, Eve, Cassiopeia, Leona, Karthus, even tried Morgana... Lol), yet I've never considered playing Nasus in the jungle. My gut feeling is it will suck, as the clear time will be horrendously slow, but I will try it tonight. Only redeeming quality I can see it having is ganking with whither. And even then, so many other junglers have as good or better CC. But, like I said, I will give it a try.

Yetti

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWW View Post
Nidalee may be t2, but for gods sake, 75% of the people that play her have no clue what the hell theyre doing. *throws spear* "okay, im done in the team fight until my cd is up!" *runs away*
Honestly, AP Nidalee isn't meant to straight up team fight. Nidalee is meant to poke at the enemy until her team has a clear advantage (if they are poking back, Nidalee's heal gives amazing sustain for her whole team). This will allow you to either win a fight if they engage on you, or to take an objective while they go back to base to heal. It's a rather lame play style, but it's effective, and it's what makes Nidalee so good.

WillWW

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
Honestly, AP Nidalee isn't meant to straight up team fight. Nidalee is meant to poke at the enemy until her team has a clear advantage (if they are poking back, Nidalee's heal gives amazing sustain for her whole team). This will allow you to either win a fight if they engage on you, or to take an objective while they go back to base to heal. It's a rather lame play style, but it's effective, and it's what makes Nidalee so good.
Well, she still does a lot of damage in cat form, so if I don't see a nidalee throwing a spear and transforming into the fight, then backing off and healing and/or spearing, I know they don't know what theyre doing.

And I didn't downvote you btw.

Caecus Scius

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
I like trying all sorts of oddball junglers you don't normally see (Kayle, Eve, Cassiopeia, Leona, Karthus, even tried Morgana... Lol), yet I've never considered playing Nasus in the jungle. My gut feeling is it will suck, as the clear time will be horrendously slow, but I will try it tonight. Only redeeming quality I can see it having is ganking with whither. And even then, so many other junglers have as good or better CC. But, like I said, I will give it a try.

I play Kayle a lot, and my clear times are near to the same with nasus as with her. All the lifesteal means you don't really even need to start with pots.

I haven't perfected his build for what I like, but he can do nasty things out of the jungle, and is AT LEAST tier 4 jungle, if not higher.

I want to see you play 4-5 games, and remember that getting the q hit on the big wraith, big wolf, and bigger golem gives +6 q dmg. You should be getting +9 Q from EACH camp, for a total of 27 each clear. If you go gank- afterwards steal teh cannon minion if you can, the lane shouldn't mind because it builds you up so much.

Coderific

02-06-2013

I haven't had a chance to really read every single post here, so maybe I've missed this somewhere; but, I'd really like to get an explanation as to why Mordekaiser isn't Tier 1 or, at the very least, high Tier 2?

His farm (regardless of how well he gets pushed out of lane) is near flawless, his mid-late game tankiness/burst (by building WoTA/Cap/Liandrys) is absurd, and he is 100% a #1 target....being a #1 target means...you can't let him just sit there and melt your team, you have to prioritize him with ignite/cc. If you don't prioritize him, his burst is such that he can bring down multiple champions to around 50% HP in 1 rotation, while simultaneously harassing/dropping your primary target to around 0% health. Not to mention, that shield's consistent damage +spell vamp. is seriously hard to counter without a high-burst team comp.

On the flipside, if you do prioritize him, then the other two champions that are on his team are set to eat you and your team for the 4-5 seconds it takes you to burst him down.

I personally keep him as a perma-ban in 3s up there with Darius and Yorick for the below reasons:

1.) High natural tankiness
2.) Fits in any team composition
3.) Not reliant on other champions to be devestating
4.) 1v1 capability is extremely strong
5.) Harass after level 4 is extremely strong
6.) AP Tower pushing, stronger than most
7.) End game team fight capability: Unmatchable

Cons:
1.) First 3-5 levels, he's weak to ranged AD and Bruiser CC
2.) Requires a commit on most team fights to draw focus
3.) If caught out of position, can be locked down with ignite/cc.
4.) Slow in most builds

Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks.

Goggris

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderific View Post
I haven't had a chance to really read every single post here, so maybe I've missed this somewhere; but, I'd really like to get an explanation as to why Mordekaiser isn't Tier 1 or, at the very least, high Tier 2?

His farm (regardless of how well he gets pushed out of lane) is near flawless, his mid-late game tankiness/burst (by building WoTA/Cap/Liandrys) is absurd, and he is 100% a #1 target....being a #1 target means...you can't let him just sit there and melt your team, you have to prioritize him with ignite/cc. If you don't prioritize him, his burst is such that he can bring down multiple champions to around 50% HP in 1 rotation, while simultaneously harassing/dropping your primary target to around 0% health. Not to mention, that shield's consistent damage +spell vamp. is seriously hard to counter without a high-burst team comp.

On the flipside, if you do prioritize him, then the other two champions that are on his team are set to eat you and your team for the 4-5 seconds it takes you to burst him down.

I personally keep him as a perma-ban in 3s up there with Darius and Yorick for the below reasons:

1.) High natural tankiness
2.) Fits in any team composition
3.) Not reliant on other champions to be devestating
4.) 1v1 capability is extremely strong
5.) Harass after level 4 is extremely strong
6.) AP Tower pushing, stronger than most
7.) End game team fight capability: Unmatchable

Cons:
1.) First 3-5 levels, he's weak to ranged AD and Bruiser CC
2.) Requires a commit on most team fights to draw focus
3.) If caught out of position, can be locked down with ignite/cc.
4.) Slow in most builds

Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks.
I'll tell you my thoughts. Yetti's may differ.

1) He doesn't offer any more damage burst than other AP champs, yet has absolutely no CC, and no escape.

2) He naturally pushes with his kit. Freezing is near impossible.

3) He is a melee range AP. These have some downsides for poke/tower sieging purposes.

What makes him better than Rumble or Chogath - two melee AP's that can get just as tanky (or tankier) and put out the same or more damage with more utility.

Caecus Scius

02-06-2013

Thanks for playing at least 2 games with Nasus- it looks like you had a different build than I normally take, but from looking at stats, you were generally the most positive on your team with him, but unfortunately you lost both those games. I can't say why or what happened.

How did you like his clear times?

How much Q did you farm?

How were your ganks?

Since you haven't played him much, do you feel that someone who is decent with him COULD do it well enough to rank him in the jungle (and not as tier 6)

Coderific

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
I'll tell you my thoughts. Yetti's may differ.

1) He doesn't offer any more damage burst than other AP champs, yet has absolutely no CC, and no escape.

2) He naturally pushes with his kit. Freezing is near impossible.

3) He is a melee range AP. These have some downsides for poke/tower sieging purposes.

What makes him better than Rumble or Chogath - two melee AP's that can get just as tanky (or tankier) and put out the same or more damage with more utility.
1.) He offers equal damage burst as almost all AP champs, with lower primary burst cooldowns and in-fight sustain

2.) Naturally pushing is good in 3s as the game is about buffering your towers and mobility. I.e. keeping your lane pushed and providing pressure on the other lane/jungle/tower.

3.) His sustain in team fights is aggravating at the very least. You need to ignite him, or he'll just outsustain your damage. Overall, he's one of the single greatest sustain damages in the game as far as AP goes, and in 3s that's multiplied by the lower amount of burst overall by the enemy team.

Sam

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderific View Post
1.) He offers equal damage burst as almost all AP champs, with lower primary burst cooldowns and in-fight sustain

2.) Naturally pushing is good in 3s as the game is about buffering your towers and mobility. I.e. keeping your lane pushed and providing pressure on the other lane/jungle/tower.

3.) His sustain in team fights is aggravating at the very least. You need to ignite him, or he'll just outsustain your damage. Overall, he's one of the single greatest sustain damages in the game as far as AP goes, and in 3s that's multiplied by the lower amount of burst overall by the enemy team.
1) Morde doesn't have a strong burst, he has a very strong sustain damage.

2) Naturally pushing is terrible, if you push it to the point where they can freeze by tower, you'll just get ganked and have no way of CS'ing.

3) Ignite > Sustain