Tier List - Twisted Treeline 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobinatorlol

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax the Fallen View Post
Yetti can you post your AP Kayle build, masteries, runes, and skill maxing order?

Thanks
In the mean time there was a rather decent sized Kayle thread a month or two. Here You may find some interesting things there.

A bit has changed for the items that I wrote back then.

It was Berserker's/Malady/BFT/Nashor's Tooth/Wits End/Cap
Now it is Berserker's/Malady/Nashor's Tooth/BFT/Blade of the Ruined King/Rageblade or Cap

AS Quints and Reds. Armor yellow. MR or AP per level blues.

Disclaimer: This is not how Yetti plays her. I know he gets a cap really early compared to me and he maxes Q first where I max E first.

Yetti

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Can't believe you don't have Nocturne listed in the jungle.
Excellent point. I thought I had him listed somewhere. Seeing as you are the number 2 highest win rate Nocturne player, where do you suggest I put him? I trust your judgement. Also, how do you build him out of the jungle? Tanky? Bruiser? Assassin?

Yetti

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by T13Kzord View Post
I almost feel yorick should be higher in the list. He can get extremely tanky, and be quite a lane bully, plus you can't discount his ult that can make fights 4v3 and sometimes longer if you kill the person who's been ulted.
Yorick is an interesting champion to me. I want to like him and think he is strong, but he just seems to disappoint me whenever I play him. He is a decent pick for sure, but you can do better. In season 2, he stacked a lot of resistances, to maximize his lifesteal. Now with resistances being more expensive, and penetration items being stronger, he can still get melted down really quickly... especially if he gets ignited. Also, his lack of mobility hurts him quite a bit. Anyone with kiting potential will eat him alive.

Like I said, still a decent pick, and you can definitely do well with him, he just doesn't belong in the upper tiers.

Yetti

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax the Fallen View Post
Yetti can you post your AP Kayle build, masteries, runes, and skill maxing order?

Thanks
As was mentioned, I am currently writing a guide. It's about half done... I should be able to finish it by tomorrow, and it should be up by Wednesday. It's taking quite a while to write, as I'm trying to make it extremely comprehensive and detailed. I don't think you will be dissapointed.

urnotalegend

01-28-2013

I always thought ap nid would be weak because she is a poke based champion and it is so easy to recall?

Bobinatorlol

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by urnotalegend View Post
I always thought ap nid would be weak because she is a poke based champion and it is so easy to recall?
She has cat form for up close. And if you force someone to recall then you just made a team fight 2v3

T13Kzord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
Yorick is an interesting champion to me. I want to like him and think he is strong, but he just seems to disappoint me whenever I play him. He is a decent pick for sure, but you can do better. In season 2, he stacked a lot of resistances, to maximize his lifesteal. Now with resistances being more expensive, and penetration items being stronger, he can still get melted down really quickly... especially if he gets ignited. Also, his lack of mobility hurts him quite a bit. Anyone with kiting potential will eat him alive.

Like I said, still a decent pick, and you can definitely do well with him, he just doesn't belong in the upper tiers.
I'd argue that it's not necessarily Yorick that becomes the huge issue, but the vayne or the jax or riven he just ulted that suddenly makes you either kill them and have them come back or stop focusing them for 10 seconds and get melted, it's team fight changing.

Soulwake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

I have to agree with T13Kzord. I see a lot of Yorick's go tanky and just wait for one of their bursty teammates to die just to ult them again. Yorick doesn't have to go squishy to be relevant in the game. I think it is just as game changing as a Kayle ult.

Yetti

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulwake View Post
I have to agree with T13Kzord. I see a lot of Yorick's go tanky and just wait for one of their bursty teammates to die just to ult them again. Yorick doesn't have to go squishy to be relevant in the game. I think it is just as game changing as a Kayle ult.
Your right. Yorick definitely has his place, and is a decent pick. He is middle of Tier 3, which is well above average. With the right comps, certain champions can be much better than their tier suggests. This is definitely the case with Yorick. But those factors are conditional. For example, Fiora can be Top Tier if she gets a hydra, and is paired with Orianna and Malphite. Orianna puts the ball on Malph, Malph ults in, Orianna ults, and Fiora ults the clumped group, proc'ing hydra on everybody for all 5 hits. But in normal circumstances, she is an average Tier 4 champ. Same thing with Yorick. Yeah, he can just build tank and ult a carry, but that alone isn't enough to make him a Top Tier pick. It definitely needs to be taken into account, and that is why he is in Tier 3. His ult is really strong in the right situations, and he is a lane bully. Besides that, he isn't as good as he was last season.

And also about his ult, in a close game a good team will try to bait his ult and peel, or if they focus down an ulted carry, they will immediately disengage and wait for the clone to die. Again, its all situational and sometimes that can't happen, but that is all factored into a champions placement.

I hope this makes sense. I definitely am open minded to raising him up the list, as soon as I start seeing him perform well in some higher elo games. Heck, I hardly ever see him in normals anymore. Oh, and as a side note I did try jungling him recently to some success. I think he is better in lane though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yetti

01-29-2013

Updated.