Borderline exploiting Master Yi build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bournekiller

Recruiter

01-25-2013

Me and my friends were playing, earlier today, a game of LoL and we encountered a build which was actually quite astounding. (Just so you know I am not to fond of Master Yi in the first place but this just made me not want to play LoL for the rest of the night.) Most people, when playing Master Yi use some sort of attack increase, attack speed, or life steal type of build so when I saw this player start the game by getting Needlessly Large Rod, I had to say it struck me as kind of odd. As the game progressed I heard my friends complaining about how Master Yi was healing to full health before, after, and during every fight. I believed them to be exaggerating so I just dismissed their claims, until Master Yi tower dove after me. Master Yi had under a quarter health and he activated his heal. I was amazed to see that he was able to out heal the tower and my own DPS. Later on, Master Yi used alpha strike on me, mind you that I had all my items that I had at the end of the game, and he took off approximately half of my health. Here is an image of his build so that anyone who does not believe my earlier rant can attempt to recreate this build.

http://s8.postimage.org/dbh4gtkol/OP_AP_YI.png

*EDIT* I was the Orianna, I backed out and forgot to take a screenshot. My friend is the shyvana.

Irish Red Cap

01-25-2013

Typical AP master Yi build. You seen it plenty of times at lvl 30 and majority of players will only play it mid. People complain about him being OP but he's a 1 trick pony that can be easily countered if played against correctly.

DarkMaster3746

01-25-2013

most of the master yi play him ap now so its not strange to see it.
i dont think lindiary helps ap yi because you can only proc with 1 spell and its not a lot of dmg that way so he was not doing full dmg. Ap yi is easy to kill if you focus him he will jump to your team and appear in melee range if he heals just a tiny cc will stop it and die then continue to the rest of his team.
If you dont want to have trouble try to win him in the lane phase.

Ravenous Geese

01-25-2013

That's pretty common although you might see a zhonyas or void staff in place of liandrys.

AP Yi is just a cheap, anti-fun character. Alpha strikes you from a mile away, laughs if you try to ignite him when he's meditating and his cdr on kill means he's good at racking up multi kills and stomping pubs.

Get used to seeing more AP Yi, even though he's getting a nerf soon. And I ain't even mad - I barely play mid.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

You were shyvana. If you had 1 hard cc, that tower dive would have gone A LOT differently.

Namely, him dying very very quickly.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-25-2013

Play Cassiopeia. Laugh as you out dps his heal.

Slendguin

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidesOfLogan View Post
Play Cassiopeia. Laugh as you out dps his heal.
Hahaha xD So true

ReasonablyInsec

01-25-2013

Pushmaster Yi is better.

Boots o Mobility + Distortion
Elisias Miracle
Wriggles
Ravenous Hydra
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Bloodthirster

With summoners Revive and Teleport.

GG

Nightlynx

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegadem View Post
Pushmaster Yi is better.

Boots o Mobility + Distortion
Elisias Miracle
Wriggles
Ravenous Hydra
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Bloodthirster

With summoners Revive and Teleport.

GG
good luck getting anywhere near that farm though.

fletche00

01-26-2013

Veigar drops blue poops on AP Yi mid, he pretty much cant do anything.