Motivational Help....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CosmicAidan25

01-25-2013

Hello fellow summoners. I suppose you're wondering why I'm posting something like this. Well apparently, I feel like I need some motivation to continue playing LoL. I love this game a lot and I love playing as Olaf, Sion, Ashe, Veigar, and Kassadin but the problem I have is, I don't seem to get any better. When I was in the 10-15s range I was REALLY good and got 9/2/8 or something like that. Now that I'm a bit higher as a Level 17, my skills seem to have gotten much worse. I keep going 3/13/7 or 2/8/9. I try my best not to feed the enemy team, I build my champion as planned, I follow what my teammates tell me, and yet I always end up as the worst player on my team. And then I get comments like "wow dude u are really bad" "you need to stop feeding" "why are you so bad at this game?" I get comments like this every game and I try harder and harder to not feed, I look at guides, I watch my mistakes and take note of them, yet NOTHING WORKS. I have even watched pro players play the same champions I do to see how they play them and take note of everything they do but it's like no matter what I do, I still suck at the game . I feel like a burden to my comrades and I just can't take it anymore. Can you guys give me some tips and hints on how I can get better? I really love LoL but it seems impossible for me to improve at this game and the frustration is just unbearable

MicKretz

01-25-2013

maybe you're over thinking and you need some time off from the game....would be my only solution seeing as you stated several that i would have recommended and it didn't work for you

Dsg19319

01-25-2013

Watch streams some. You might learn something new from them. Honestly when you play, just focus on yourself and map awareness. Look for opportunities and utilize them.

workthecorners

01-25-2013

when i was lvl 10-20 i would go 21-3 with gangplank now i bearly play him because people know how to play him and his amazing damage isnt great when people focus you

i would recomend you work on your minions because im looking at your games and you bearly break 100 minions in 40 minute games...your opponent is probably beating you in minion kills when you think your pretty dead even and your actually not he has just one item better then you so he wins trades and then kills you one time then just snowballs

olaf and sion are difficult champs to get good at but are really good once you are

vigar is completely late game you should be focused on staying safe and farming your Q(i think its q the one that gets stronger every time he killes a unit) then late game just start destroying people

ashe is a pretty strait forward and easy adc with all her slows again you should just focus on farming till you get your ult at 6 and when you see your opponent with less health then you and they are far from their turret you hit them with it and hope your support helps you kill them

minion kills are EVERYTHING in this game i play practice games with no bots and try to get 100 by 10 minutes...in a game with someone trying to kill you 60-70 is average 80+ is good

Lexinus

01-25-2013

I find the higher level I have gotten, the higher the difficulty. I try not to be too risky on my own and to just focus on farming. The more I farm, the more I have to use against my enemy.

Evangel

01-26-2013

Ok, so I remember that lull of being stuck in "levels". Honestly when I was still leveling I knew my opponent would sometimes have better masteries than me so I accepted that fact and worked on csing and compensating for the small disadvantage of masteries for the advantage of items and champion mechanics. I've now got 800+ wins in normal, all I play is draft. It gives, a more competitive feel to the game and would better help with the knowledge of matchups. The main thing is the only way you get better is by playing the game, yes mistakes will happen, yes sometimes that Undertow or Ashe arrow will miss, Just work on mastering your champions mechanics.

When I say mechanics I mean the abilities, the autoattacks, the fast paced math of approximating your ability to kill vs your opponents. Try to break a hundred creeps by 14 mins, that's about 80-90% of the minions that have spawned in your lane, you'll find that you have stronger items than your opponent because at their level they just want kills. Kills aren't everything, when I started I mained Nassus, S1, Built him as a tower destroyer. Now by no means do I recommend it now, (is more viable now but still not as good as other champions or items) but I always had 14+ deaths and consistently splitpushed like a bat out of hell. My win rate with that Nassus build by the time I was done with that phase was probably around 70% ish. You're new for the time being find a champion and buildstyle that you prefer, when you know that then start learning a preferred position and runes.

Don't let the score demoralize you, if comebacks for a 3 inhib down team can happen then there's always a chance of winning no matter how slim. Sound cues, huge help early on to be able to tell what ability an opponent is using, you'll know which ability is being cast before the animation is up if mastered, Along with that notice the enemy champions movements when they use an ability. Eventually you can tell what they'll do before it comes at you.

Know your movespeed, many a time I'm certain someone has chased you and disengaged or you have chased and disengaged because you thought it couldn't happen. Average movespeed now is like 325 ish or something, So your champion will move across the map at a rate of 300 units a second. so you can move from across a whole top lane bush in about a second and a half. (may be slightly off as I don't actually calculate time only closing distance).

Lot of stuff sorry if this is a bombardment to the senses.

I've scrimmaged against teams that have crushed my team, losing is a great learning experience because you refine the strategy and come in at a different angle. The first few times and since you're still as I would call it green around the ears it'll take a while but in the end it'll be worth it when you notice "I'm actually doing good". There is no fast track for success, I have ragequit from this game on more than one occasion due to the community and let me tell you son, it is so much better than it used to be. When your teamates start saying "why are you so bad at this game" ask for constructive criticism, these days they'll be more than happy to help most of the time. If not just keep watching the replays and try to remember where their comments came from so you can take advantage of a learning moment in reflection. Trust me back in S1 it was about as bad as the HoN community maybe worse, least your teamates are playing; ask them for help and insight into what should be done, maybe call some plays, if your play calls don't work then step back and let someone else take charge and call the plays.

You've still got a little while till you hit lvl 30 so there's no rush, take all the time of leveling up to learn. Life is a learning experience and so is this game. Like life it's rewarding when things go good they go good, when things go bad they go bad, ust like this game. The important thing to keep asking yourself (which you already are and that's an amazing feat that took me nearly 6 months) is "how can I get better". You're on the right path, it's you're moment.

Femox

01-26-2013

It could be that you were doing so well previously that you're getting to carried away now.

Try letting the opposition push, this allows you to farm and stay close to your own turret. This allows you to become strong so that you can do some serious damage later in the game. Sometimes it is good to hang back a little bit for the first 15-20 minutes.

By doing this you are forcing the opposing champions towards you, so not only will you be collecting gold from minions closer to your turret but the turret is also useful for getting you much safer kills.

The less you die, the less chance your opposition has of collecting gold, building up and becoming stronger. Keep that in mind.

and Motivate your team. Let them know that they can do it! Positive motivation is a great way to convince your team mates that they can win, even though it doesn't always work. It will greatly improve your chances of winning, rather then being a distraction with arguments and abuse.

If anybody is hassling you with threats or abuse. Simply just ignore them. Ignoring an abusive summoner will also help you to improve your game as you'd be concentrating a lot more on the game rather then the immature person behind their screen typing at you.

Always room for improvement and asking your peers is a great way to find answers. Well done!

Femox - xo

Vrykonik

01-26-2013

You want your skills to get better and I think that is an awesome thing. Add me on your friends list and if you are ever online at the same time we can play and focus on key behaviors to improve your play as we do so together. Everyone can improve but sometimes you need outside criticism (constructive criticism) in order to improve. I'd be happy to help if you have skype.

CosmicAidan25

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykonik View Post
You want your skills to get better and I think that is an awesome thing. Add me on your friends list and if you are ever online at the same time we can play and focus on key behaviors to improve your play as we do so together. Everyone can improve but sometimes you need outside criticism (constructive criticism) in order to improve. I'd be happy to help if you have skype.
I thank you for telling me this. A friend of mine is giving me feedback on how i play as well but i guess constructive criticism is one of the main things I need

CosmicAidan25

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femox View Post
It could be that you were doing so well previously that you're getting to carried away now.

Try letting the opposition push, this allows you to farm and stay close to your own turret. This allows you to become strong so that you can do some serious damage later in the game. Sometimes it is good to hang back a little bit for the first 15-20 minutes.

By doing this you are forcing the opposing champions towards you, so not only will you be collecting gold from minions closer to your turret but the turret is also useful for getting you much safer kills.

The less you die, the less chance your opposition has of collecting gold, building up and becoming stronger. Keep that in mind.
I actually did that in game of Normal Draft and that's exactly what I did. I didn't die once in lane and I was able to get more CS than I usually do. My only problem though is that my turret keeps stealing my last hits. Any tips for this issue?