Mage Tank Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scorpoison

01-25-2013

Hey I was thinking there should be a mage tank in League of Legends. In my head his skills would be:
Passive: I was thinking of having either an item that boosts stats kind of like Rengar or have basic attacks bounce between enemies doing more damage on each bounce. Max bounces are 7.
Q: Damage over time skill that would slowly drain health for 10 seconds doing about 50 damage but regaining 50.
W: Shield yourself and allies from damage for a short period with increasing movement speed when hit.
E: Immobilize yourself to quickly regenerate you, and your nearby allies by 20% (long cool-down)
R: Suppress all nearby enemies doing magic damage, increasing your attack speed, and applying damage over time. (since this is really the only damaging attack, thought it would be good to have nice benefits.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He could have 2 builds, the mage bruiser, or a support tank.
Mage/bruiser: Attack Speed, Ability power, and Life steal.
Tank support: Magic defense/ Armor, Ability Power, Movement Speed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If he were to have an item it would slightly increase attack damage and movement speed on each bounce, max stack of 20.
Lore:
I thought he could use herbs and spices to use his abilities. [Spoiler: This could play off as the plant king found on the Halloween 5v5]
He could've been a wandering traveler who had been cursed by a witch, (Morganna) and turned into a seed, There he grew into a humanoid with moving roots. Now he wishes to get revenge on said witch. (There could be an easter egg which when he kills Morganna his auto-attacks could increase from 7 to 10)
Tips:
Playing as ________
-Stay near allies to get a maximum bonus from your shield heal and ultimate.
-Attack big groups of minions to clear them out quickly.
-Utilize your high movement speed to quickly respond to attacks.

Playing against ________
-Try to catch _______ over pushing to help take him out.
-_______ is particularly dangerous in team fights so target him first.
-_______ has no escape skill, so chase him from big fights to keep him from aiding his group.
Further Ideas/Questions.
I still haven't found out a name for him, and although Scorpoison would be an amazing name for him, I dont think it fits his lore.
For the skin I thought it could be a disc shaped bottom with two vines come out, one dark blue/purple, the other red/orange. The vines would curve out and only touch each other once at the 'neck'. He would then have a floating orb-shaped head. The rest of his body would be a dark green with some leaves for texture. I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!
P.S. I made a very rough representation of my idea on paint, is it possible for me to show it here?

Sheety

01-25-2013

Sion?

SUPERSEYMOUR

01-25-2013

suppress ALL nearby enemy champs? holy ****in OP as crazy cows! also, ranged and tank is a nono. tanks should always be melee