Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Challenging "Good Player's"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clowns Suck

01-26-2013

while I don't believe in ELO hell as most do I do believe it isn't as simple as "carry yourself out" if you are a true elo of 1200 you will likely need a good deal of luck to get out of the triple didgits as you just aren't good enough to carry 2-3 feeders and trolls. The argument of X guy made a smurf and is now 2200 ELO isn't a valid argument because a 2200 elo player will have a significantly easier time carrying than a 1100-1300 player. Still ELO hell doesn't exist it is just a very demoralizing ELO to be in.

watchyabackboy

01-26-2013

I didn't see overextending with no ward coverage and dying needlessly.

Grayhammer

01-27-2013

wow I'm seeing all of your thumbs up and downs and iv read the comments Elo hell does exist its around 800-1000 if you get put in there it's hard to get out if you go below 800 you can get back up because no one is trying but when you get to 800-1000 its mainly luck to get a lot of teams that don't have trolls,Ragers,afks,(...ext) the main problem is that many people are in or not in that elo those who are refuse to see it as that and those around it don't know or don't remember its hell think of almost every game having a feeder trolls or people that don't give 2 ****s about the team wining its all about the KDR not the win iv played a round 2000 Games 900+ wins and 1000 sum loses i did almost god like in the beginning got to 600 wins easy no prob then the 700 wins got rocky and then 800+ made me rage and be a more aggressive person to the people in game and IRL i play the game only as a pass time i don't play to win any more its to damn stressful but yes elo hell exists for you it might be a different elo but at some point you find it and when you do omg you quit for 8 full months or more and then come back forgetting what made you quit 3 days in you quit again

Akimasu

01-27-2013

I have 50ish ranked matches, I'm ~950 elo, I'm probably a ~1200-1300 elo compared to what I've been playing with friends. I'm not the best. However I can point at exactly why every game I've lost was lost, and how I could have won it.

It's pretty rare that I look at a game in the replay and honestly can say "I could not have won this". I've had a few, but it's pretty rare - most of em have to do with 4v5s, or had a real feeder.

You can do more than you think you can. You are not good, You are not a Diamond level player. You are probably not even a silver level player. I am not either, yet. I've played both with and against gold, and diamond level players. The way they play doesn't even look like the same game. At 10 minutes, you should have between 73-85 CS. Most 900 elo players are under 40 cs. At 20 minutes, you should be nearing on 200 CS. Most 900-1k elo players have between 80 and 100. Rarely you'll see a 120-130. 100 cs vs 200 cs is a 2500 gold difference. Simply CSing properly alone is worth 8 kills. If you have two players on your team CSing properly, That's 16 kills worth of gold. How often are you trailing by more than 16 kills at the 20 minute mark?

If you throw up your arms and say "I can't win, my team is too bad", you have officially given up. If you say it's the same for everyone in your elo range - regardless of your elo - you have completely given up on raising your elo, or your skill.

BlazzedTroll

01-28-2013

Quote:
Akimasu:
I have 50ish ranked matches, I'm ~950 elo, I'm probably a ~1200-1300 elo compared to what I've been playing with friends. I'm not the best. However I can point at exactly why every game I've lost was lost, and how I could have won it.

It's pretty rare that I look at a game in the replay and honestly can say "I could not have won this". I've had a few, but it's pretty rare - most of em have to do with 4v5s, or had a real feeder.

You can do more than you think you can. You are not good, You are not a Diamond level player. You are probably not even a silver level player. I am not either, yet. I've played both with and against gold, and diamond level players. The way they play doesn't even look like the same game. At 10 minutes, you should have between 73-85 CS. Most 900 elo players are under 40 cs. At 20 minutes, you should be nearing on 200 CS. Most 900-1k elo players have between 80 and 100. Rarely you'll see a 120-130. 100 cs vs 200 cs is a 2500 gold difference. Simply CSing properly alone is worth 8 kills. If you have two players on your team CSing properly, That's 16 kills worth of gold. How often are you trailing by more than 16 kills at the 20 minute mark?

If you throw up your arms and say "I can't win, my team is too bad", you have officially given up. If you say it's the same for everyone in your elo range - regardless of your elo - you have completely given up on raising your elo, or your skill.

what he said. It's so common less than 1100 Elo to have a whole team call GG on team comp a lone. 4 out 5 call GG at first blood. 3 out 5 make it to first baron drop. 2 out 5 make normal length and 1 dumb ******* everytime wants to play even when you have no turrets left and the other team has 7 .. Team KD at 106/5 ....

CHYEAmonster

01-28-2013

Quote:
BlazzedTroll:
Don't worry guys. I just played my last serious game.
Had some shyvana come in mid... and just push... with me.. in lane. stealingCS>
I said ill go grab blue then. And she said "OK". I got half way through blue and she was still in lane. I said shy leave lane before she kills you. Shy doesn't... and she dies. Then she says I'm bad... and feeds my lane. Shy steals blue.. (A shyvana taking blue from Veigar).
I went rage mode. Intentionally Fed.
Made that Shy lose the only game I could control.
Now I justplay like a ****** in games.
I just run up mid and fight 1v5.
I am now the ******.
It's acceptable.
I don't even care about perma bans like I did in the past.
Honestly, I just want my money I put into skins back. And a nice fat perma ban.
This community has such a dark ****ing hole in it.
It's not even a MOBA game anymore.

Lol. I like the "nice fat perma ban" part. Made me giggle,

Gigg

01-28-2013

Quote:
BlazzedTroll:
Don't worry guys. I just played my last serious game.
Had some shyvana come in mid... and just push... with me.. in lane. stealingCS>
I said ill go grab blue then. And she said "OK". I got half way through blue and she was still in lane. I said shy leave lane before she kills you. Shy doesn't... and she dies. Then she says I'm bad... and feeds my lane. Shy steals blue.. (A shyvana taking blue from Veigar).
I went rage mode. Intentionally Fed.
Made that Shy lose the only game I could control.
Now I justplay like a ****** in games.
I just run up mid and fight 1v5.
I am now the ******.
It's acceptable.
I don't even care about perma bans like I did in the past.
Honestly, I just want my money I put into skins back. And a nice fat perma ban.
This community has such a dark ****ing hole in it.
It's not even a MOBA game anymore.

From what I have read, you are one of the people making this community bad. I hope you get perma banned. have a nice day.

roskosp33

01-29-2013

Sorry to break it to you, but all these things that you are complaining about doesn't go away with higher elo.

You still get...

AP Ashe
Double Jungle
Sion Support
MF Mid
Feeders
Jungles stealing farm
Top Amumu
Top Rammus
Double Support
AD Sona
Jungle Annie
Zero map awareness
AFK
Mid or feed
Double Mid
And whatever else you can think of.

Heck, I saw one of Phantoml0rd's games where the enemy had support Gragas who built straight health and would walk into his enemy team 1v5 and just dance as long as he could. Troll Gragas won that game. This is a game over the 2200 mark.

The trick is you have to win those games regardless of what your team is doing. You know what you have to do to win, so ignore those players and do what ya gotta do. Just shut up and play.

Another thing I find works is protecting the player on your team who is doing the best. Most games can be won if you make sure your most skilled player is kept alive.

Edit: Just was watching some CrS Stvicious stream (2300+ elo). MF had a sunfire cape. There was a Jungle Ez. Lulu mid. Naut top. Lee refused to buy items and farmed top til they lost. Cass support. Basically all I am showing is that weird unorthodox play styles happen at every elo. And yes, these are ranked games.

Ballzofire

01-29-2013

You want to get out of "elo hell," but your playing a support. Well no wonder you cannot carry yourself out. You can support all day best in the world. Still cant win game as support.Also u rage troll? Sounds more like you deserve your elo....

Edit: Surrendering is for noobs.. You can come back and win any game. I mean ANY. All it takes is one mistake that your team can capitalize on and guess what. That fed team just lost.

YoungGoN4v5

01-29-2013

Dunnel-Kreuger Effect. Your tears are delicious