Challenging "Good Player's"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Hi, I've seen numerous threads about ranked matches. Everyone claims there are always bad people in your games. People say a good player can carry them.

Here is my challenge,
If Elo Ranking is a good measure of player aptitude and skill than according to Elo I am ****. My Elo right now is 1022. My highest is 1127. So that's low. Now if you top Elo players (1350+) are so much better than I am.. Carry me through one of your matches. See if you even have to carry me. Who knows maybe you'll find that Elo doesn't mean ****.

All I know is no matter how I play this game. No matter how many good games I have. Sooner or later. I hit that role of repeatedly bad games with players that seriously don't even understand what the point of this game is.

Players I have attempted to carry are as follows:
(If you think you can carry back-to-back matches in my bracket think again)
People autolocking Mid first pick.
Support fiddles that buy no wards or GP5
Tank top shens that build full AP+Rylais (for the health obviously)
ADC that can't get 100 cs by the end of a game
Players that call GG when other team gets Baron
Games usually last 30 min - 35 min and end with rage quits (/surrender spamming starts at 20 min and more follow promptly when the /surrender CD is up)
Junglers that 'gank' by waiting until you are pushed under their turret and dive for 1 hit then die.
Junglers that push your lane as you are coming back then leave you under turret
Supports that try to be ADC in lane (this one needs bullets)
-Stealing CS (Or not even getting it just autoattacking into turret)
-Initiating fights
-Use CC only to save themselves
-Ward side bushes and never for ganks
-Build no aura buffs
-Take flash/ignite
Have people saying I shouldn't take teleport because its a Troll spell
-also heal is troll
-barrier is troll
-ghost is troll (any lane role other than ADC)
-Revive is troll
-clarity is troll
-having ignite set to F is troll
-having flash set to D is troll
Defense is no longer a strategy. When losing always engage more team fights (but really just run into 1v5 then spam in chat.. 'OMG team group up'
Taking all 3 turrets in one lane before touching others is always recommended (gotta get that inhib)
Leaving base to farm is always exceptable when down to 2 turrets (especially if its a counter jungle farm)
Calling mia is for noobs because even when you are defending for your life you should be starring at their lanes. And why would they have time to type when their lane is empty.
If you call a position you get that position or you retain the right to feed/troll pick
If you have the most kills you have the right to harass everyone else
If you have the most deaths you are the feeder and you must submit to following the team up mid or you will be reported
Assists means you are not trying hard enough.
The small numbers to the right of your K/D/A is known as your roam factor... the lower the better.. can't just spend time in lane.. you must always be gank and initiating 1v5

Yea it starts to sound like a joke... but it still gets worse. Tip of the iceberg? **** no...that't not even the snowflake on top...

Seriously, come in and down vote this comment and say its a rage comment. This community has lost it's value to me. I want someone to "carry" me out of 'Elo Hell'. Not because I think I deserve to be out of Elo Hell. But because No matter what rank I have gotten to.. know one understands basic game concepts. Someone bring me to your bracket and restore my faith in Gamers ability to play MOBA games.
Already about to switch to HoN. At least they respect skill over ones ability to not type at all, all game long. Never got banned from HoN because I "Harassed" someone who was an idiot and didn't understand the game. Lots of Feeders get banned though.

Vrykonik

01-25-2013

1st off a higher rated player could carry you of course but it would lower their results. Something you may not know is 1000 rating is average player. So you're not bad if you're hovering around 1022. The players who are 1300+ are a rating class and a half above you which means if you were 1v1'ing they would probably win 75-80% of the time. That might make it sound like you're bad, but it is just a fact they are that much better.

You seem to find a lot of criticism in others but you aren't pointing the finger in the right position. The only constant in all your teams is you. Yes you may have bad players some games and other games you have people that help you win. But we all have those players and ELO takes into account the overall skill of your team in how many points you lose/win when the match is over. It is a non-factor as their skill levels have been judged as well and figured into the calculations.

Some thing to remember: People complain about a lot of things. But people only claim they are a troll when you are LOSING. People have a strong tendency to suppress their negative side once you start owning the enemy team. While they are legit trolls out there, I think your generalizations on what is and is not a true are far over blown.

You say you want to be carried out of ELO hell but the problem is when you move into a new skill class they will tear you apart faster once someone stops playing with you who is carrying you. That is because you don't belong in that rating class and won't be able to maintain it.

Simply point is you should have someone play normals with you or record your replays and post them for people to tell you what you could do better. The only way to improve your real Elo is to get better. Remember 2300 players worked with the same rating class people as you did when they started and they carried their way all the way up! It isn't luck, and you would have no chance at beating these individuals. So you can either be self reflective and study to improve your game, or you can be content that 1000 ELO is an average tournament player and you're just simply average. There is no shame in that if you're having fun.

But once you start blaming your team... well that is the worst way to improve your ELO. But you stop trying to improve yourself chalking it all up to your allies play. You are only hurting yourself right now. The hurting will only stop if you admit the true problem which is you want to be better than you are but right now are not putting in the study effort to become better.

adc

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykonik View Post
1st off a higher rated player could carry you of course but it would lower their results. Something you may not know is 1000 rating is average player. So you're not bad if you're hovering around 1022. The players who are 1300+ are a rating class and a half above you which means if you were 1v1'ing they would probably win 75-80% of the time. That might make it sound like you're bad, but it is just a fact they are that much better.

You seem to find a lot of criticism in others but you aren't pointing the finger in the right position. The only constant in all your teams is you. Yes you may have bad players some games and other games you have people that help you win. But we all have those players and ELO takes into account the overall skill of your team in how many points you lose/win when the match is over. It is a non-factor as their skill levels have been judged as well and figured into the calculations.

Some thing to remember: People complain about a lot of things. But people only claim they are a troll when you are LOSING. People have a strong tendency to suppress their negative side once you start owning the enemy team. While they are legit trolls out there, I think your generalizations on what is and is not a true are far over blown.

You say you want to be carried out of ELO hell but the problem is when you move into a new skill class they will tear you apart faster once someone stops playing with you who is carrying you. That is because you don't belong in that rating class and won't be able to maintain it.

Simply point is you should have someone play normals with you or record your replays and post them for people to tell you what you could do better. The only way to improve your real Elo is to get better. Remember 2300 players worked with the same rating class people as you did when they started and they carried their way all the way up! It isn't luck, and you would have no chance at beating these individuals. So you can either be self reflective and study to improve your game, or you can be content that 1000 ELO is an average tournament player and you're just simply average. There is no shame in that if you're having fun.

But once you start blaming your team... well that is the worst way to improve your ELO. But you stop trying to improve yourself chalking it all up to your allies play. You are only hurting yourself right now. The hurting will only stop if you admit the true problem which is you want to be better than you are but right now are not putting in the study effort to become better.
Actually, 1300~ is roughly where the average of the normal curve sits.

Enconex

01-25-2013

All I will say is people really don't understand how hard it is to carry games where down here. My 1700 elo friend (name is "the king kazma" go look him up) can't do anything to smurf carry me down here. No matter how well he wins his lane (which he doesn't always win because of the jungler) he can't carry the people that feed a ridiculous amount.

I have had a little over 5 games where I get a player claiming to be a smurf (and always has a duo with him) and shows us his 1600+ account. Guess what? Every one of them I have lost.

Recently my 1700 awhile ago my 1700 elo friend played on a smurf for awhile to see if he could raise it's elo and he could barely manage a 50% win ratio. It is so damn hard to carry games where people literally either do not care about winning at all or simply do not understand how to play well and make the most ridiculous plays.

Point is I'm tired of being told any high elo player can carry me because its just not true.

-enconex

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykonik View Post

you said 1v1.
I stopped reading. Sorry. I don't like to listen to noobs.
This game isn't about 1v1. I'm a support? I 1v1 an APC is that fair? Is that dependent on skill level? no...

Also what AD Bottom said. 1000 isn't average. I think 1200 is average. Since that is where Elo is started at. And points are added or subtracted from their.
Elo equations are all generally the same and average is quite difficult to base off of a certain level because 75% of the LoL population could be at 1200 and yet still have a median near 1350.

BlazzedTroll

01-25-2013

Update:
Just had 5th pick call ADC. Then tell me that " Picking order doesn't matter and isn't based on Elo. "
Then, my obvious solution is to spam "FEEDING" until he leaves so I don't have to wait 30min because some noob can't play more than 1 role. (before someone says why didnt you just take a different role... because never have I had someone refuse to play anything but one role and then actually be good at that role)
He doesn't leave. Instead he says I will get banned for saying Im going to feed (even though I never feed and I always do my best to carry teams once the games starts). Another play tells me Tribunal reviews pregame lobby. Now, as far as I know I have never seen a pregame lobby. But this kid knows people who work for "the Game" (not Riot or anything)...
Obviously I dodged that ****ing queue. But here is a problem... what happens when this new ranking system comes out and I get stuck in this situation.
Choices:
1. Play the game with obvious noobs that will feed and refuse to cooperate; Lose, and lose points.
2. Dodge and get paired with more noobs only to dodge again; Lose points, Lose more points...

Sounds like this game is getting broken.

I vote in the new system. Solo/Duo queue requires players to pick a role based on their spot in the queue. After the game it will show what roles people were to take. This way, if a team agrees to say **** the roles, its ok. **** the roles. But if someone is spamming mid or feed, then at the end it will show they were supposed to be support/top/jungle/adc and they took Ahri so obvious troll is now obvious to Tribunal and can be banned for playing ranked with no real skills.

Jerk9003

01-25-2013

Sounds like you just want to trick someone into carrying you into higher elo.

BlazzedTroll

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk9003 View Post
Sounds like you just want to trick someone into carrying you into higher elo.
I do want to trick multiple people into creating a ranked team and carrying me through "harder" matches. Because I honestly it takes more skill to win at lower Elo than higher elo... at higher Elo at least all of your team is trying to win and cooperating. At least if you are doing well you can count on other lanes taking a defensive approach until you can help their lane. At low Elo I can go 5/0 in lane get my turret and by the time I get to another lane, they will be 0/10 and lost their turret already.

That's why it's a 'trick' because they will either succeed and I win (Higher Elo) or they will fail and I win (Proof that Elo Hell does exist and skill doesn't get you out).

FragiIe

01-26-2013

if you want to keep on believing in elo hell, go ahead

BlazzedTroll

01-26-2013

Don't worry guys. I just played my last serious game.
Had some shyvana come in mid... and just push... with me.. in lane. stealingCS>
I said ill go grab blue then. And she said "OK". I got half way through blue and she was still in lane. I said shy leave lane before she kills you. Shy doesn't... and she dies. Then she says I'm bad... and feeds my lane. Shy steals blue.. (A shyvana taking blue from Veigar).
I went rage mode. Intentionally Fed.
Made that Shy lose the only game I could control.
Now I justplay like a ****** in games.
I just run up mid and fight 1v5.
I am now the ******.
It's acceptable.
I don't even care about perma bans like I did in the past.
Honestly, I just want my money I put into skins back. And a nice fat perma ban.
This community has such a dark ****ing hole in it.
It's not even a MOBA game anymore.