Frustrated beyond belief

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterTopher

01-26-2013

I have played 7 games today and 6 of them have had AFKs and 5 of these games involved AFkers who were people on my team. These AFKs leave frustrated because they suck or people who do not load at all. Most of them are people who just leave mid game because they are frustrated. What a waste of a free ip weekend, when I can't get a fair game to save my life. These leave with in the first 10 minutes of the game and leave the rest of us screwed to stay in for 10 minute while we get stomped in the ground. I've faced games a a lot of 4v5 games in the past, but for all except one to like this is a new record. Please someone tell me riot is working on a way to fix the first 10 minutes AFK. Maybe just have an option to end the game, when someone leaves without it affecting my match history or wasting my time.

Troa

01-26-2013

What suggestions do you have for fixing it? While an option to end the game is great and all, it is more than possible to win a 4v5, and could result in abuse if it does not affect match history. Players would decide they were going to lose the game, and one could then go AFK, no more problem. Further, there is nothing to say whether the AFK player is someone who actually left, or who disconnected for a couple minutes.

MasterTopher

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troa View Post
What suggestions do you have for fixing it? While an option to end the game is great and all, it is more than possible to win a 4v5, and could result in abuse if it does not affect match history. Players would decide they were going to lose the game, and one could then go AFK, no more problem. Further, there is nothing to say whether the AFK player is someone who actually left, or who disconnected for a couple minutes.
I personally play normal, so if the game ends without consequence what is the worst that could happen? If it is a problem, then create a section in the tribunal where these games automatically go, the chat log records all dc's so if there is a dc the tribunal can pardon the game, and if it is just a hoax then make it count against the hoax players and give the other players the win.

Also expand the Tribunal report so that we can attach pictures so we can take screenshots of bad in game behavior, because sometimes these people do not even say anything incriminating in chat. Also a a lot of problems begin in the champ select, so include that chat in the report. In champ select I've seen ragers who just yell at the team so the queue keeps backing up because everyone wants out of that game. It is also not fair that that leavebuster bust a person who leaves the queue without creating a report from that chat and sending it to the tribunal for review.

I just finished playing game where 2 people afked. One gave reason and one did not give a reason, so it was 3v5. We told the enemy team this and they still continued to drag the game out by slowly taking towers, inhibs, and jungling. Again a total waste of my time. These games go on for 30-50 minutes, and its a pain to wait 20 mins to surrender when I have been trying to win, but cant because of AFK or people with bad computers/internet or pvp connection issues. Yesterday someone did message someone in the game and said that they could not connect bc of pvp, but this same person raged in game selection about a role. How are we supposed to believe them?

I have played many 4v5s and won, but clearly if i have 7 games and 6 have afks in a row, either the servers are that bad or the trolls come out because they can't be punished without affecting someone else. I almost won a 4v5 yesterday, and in fact the person did connect after he realized we didnt quit or the game wasn't over (he left cause he kept dying, even though I warned him of missing lanes). But again we had another inexperienced player, with 90 something wins and i have 340 wins (how this person ended up on my team is beyond me) , keep getting caught. So the person who afked just started trolling (being extended out in lane even though he was low levels and even feeding the enemy team).

tl:dr
-problems often begin in champselect, so create a tribunal report that includes that chat
-tribunal report should allow screenshots or in game recorded video to be attached of players behaving badly
-the tribunal report can handle these afk games by pardoning games that have afks. dc's are announced in chat so it should be open and shut to pardon these games.

I'm sick of good players being punished, because we run into idiots in champ select. There has to be a system to sort the good from the bad to punish just the bad. As far as whether someone afked or just dc's, it is clear that if one team loses a player there is a distinct disadvantage for that team resulting in a 4v5 chances of wining slim to none.