Revive needs to go!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
They are several times more experienced than I am
yup but there still humans who will defend their old playstyle against anything new
elitists hate change. dont ever forget that

you dont need to kiss their feet and follow every word they speak for it is their words and not those of ..uhm... god..no that doesnt work here uh.,.riotnome!!! orsomething.

bierfaust

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
yup but there still humans who will defend their old playstyle against anything new
elitists hate change. dont ever forget that
Exactly. Glad to see someone gets what I was hinting at.

And in reply to the guy saying that they do balance the game around high level play, that is true, and is it really such a coincidence that this game is pretty imbalanced with several issues/champions persisting at various levels of play that aren't the top 1%?

Look at the state of the game, the state of the champions that actually get a decent amount of play time (not just by you or the odd person that spams 1 champion all day, I mean on the whole), and just actually think about those points for second. Cause that is where their current balance mentality has got the game at this point in time. (and it's not good, especially for non SR maps)

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

I don't think Revive is that problematic, I would rather see Flash be removed than Revive being removed/reworked.

While I do see why it could be problematic, I think it adds more uniqueness to Dominion. It offers some interesting mechanics in botlane. You don't want to kill your enemy, you just want to outpush and harass him. When he's low enough and you have a big creep wave, you can start capping the point and then kill him. His revive will be useless if you have the advantage.

I don't like the zerg rush top though...

A Slime Appears

01-26-2013

Bot lane is something that needs to go. Having a lane that works almost exactly like an SR lane in an entirely different game mode is bad. Change that and respawn timers and revive would probably be less important. Or maybe not. Either way, I'd like to see them changed before revive, especially bot lane.

konfetarius

01-26-2013

Quote:
Having a lane that works almost exactly like an SR lane in an entirely different game mode is bad
...?

Dominion bot lane is one of the defining ways it is different from other modes.

A Slime Appears

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
...?

Dominion bot lane is one of the defining ways it is different from other modes.
What? Maybe in high elo it's different. Where I play no one wants to play bot, ganks are uncommon, and people don't like to switch, so the best case scenario if I'm outskilled or in a bad matchup is to try and stalemate the lane or farm under my turret, which basically makes it a boring lane of SR. What exactly about it defines the game mode? I thought it was the prevalence of team fights, lack of a laning phase (outside of bot lane, of course) and passive gold/exp gain.

konfetarius

01-26-2013

It's a permanent laning phase with relics, speed shrine, and completely different pacing/objectives from SR. It is the main gold flow outside the aura. The game dynamics change completely depending on whenever it is a stalemate or whenever someone is losing.

I am sure that low elo SR also is filled with people who don't jungle, etc. Doesn't mean those things don't define SR.

Hawktitan

01-27-2013

In my mind Revive is only a problem for dominion only if Flash is a problem for summoner rift.

WorstAlistarEver

01-27-2013

If revive go, garrison needs to go too.

NODAVG

01-27-2013

Revive alone is not that big problem. It starts being OP when used on someone with global ult, and especially on teleporters...