Revive needs to go!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Novacain

01-25-2013

Revive is so overpowered on Dominion, if you want to win, your team needs to take it. With a single talent point it will get you back in the fight anywhere on the map in less time than it takes to cap a node. It allows you to win through attrition. I know Dominion is the red-headed step child of the Riot game modes but some attention would be nice. I shouldn't have to take revive in order to win, but unless I'm playing against horrible players who've misplaced their keyboards revive is required.

Neizzle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

So you prefer the mandatory Flash/Ignite found on summoner's rift?

Eyemite

01-25-2013

Quote:
So you prefer the mandatory Flash/Ignite found on summoner's rift?
Truth. No shoulders to cry on here Novacain try the SR forums.

Phourc

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyemite View Post
Truth. No shoulders to cry on here Novacain try the SR forums.
More like all summoner spells need looked at, haha. At high level play there's hardly any variety on any map.

0shi

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by neizzle View Post
it's okay for this one summoner to be the only choice on this one map cause this other summoner is the only choice on this other map
ftfy?

bierfaust

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
More like all summoner spells need looked at, haha. At high level play there's hardly any variety on any map.
That's because summoner spells are retardedly overpowered for something:
That isn't required to be bought (which requires a gold investment and a time investment depending on the price)
That doesn't take up an item slot (that blocks out getting something else)
And is completely unable to be banned or countered. (Using flash after your enemy flashes is not a counter (a counter would be having flash be unavailable when taking damage), it is simply you choosing to use your spell to secure a kill , maybe)

Granted summoner spells and runes are part of LOL's "flavour" of MOBA, it still prevents the game from having any sense of proper balance because it gives too many variables to take into account when balancing certain areas of champions kits and limits the impact of otherwise fair nerfs to bring a champion in line.

EDIT: With the exception of heal. As grievous wounds reduces healing by 50%. QSS doesn't counter exhaust, it only removes part of the debuff, same with cleanse I think.

AoXoA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Revive is not OP. Its got a hefty CD. I never use it. I would rather so many other summoners.

NamKim

01-25-2013

I used to think that the power of revive should be separated into different parts. The main part being the revive part, but then people would have to do something in order to get the health bonus or speed boost, rather it be a mastery or some quest reward.

But even the high elo players disagree with me on my "separate the revive power" idea. They are several times more experienced than I am so I will back off and spend some time to rethink.

So, what is my opinion on revive? It, along with the other summoner spells, should be looked at. Why do I not feel the need to complain about it? Besides I know Riot is already looking at Dominion summoner spells. So, the thing I want is already happening.

bierfaust

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
I used to think that the power of revive should be separated into different parts. The main part being the revive part, but then people would have to do something in order to get the health bonus or speed boost, rather it be a mastery or some quest reward.

But even the high elo players disagree with me on my "separate the revive power" idea. They are several times more experienced than I am so I will back off and spend some time to rethink.

So, what is my opinion on revive? It, along with the other summoner spells, should be looked at. Why do I not feel the need to complain about it? Besides I know Riot is already looking at Dominion summoner spells. So, the thing I want is already happening.
Just because they are high elo doesn't mean they are right, it just means that based on their experience at that particular level of play they find things the way they do. (not to mention that once a working strategy has been found, they won't want it to change because it means they have to start from scratch to find a new way of playing, and when you play 20 games a day I would imagine that would be annoying - even if that strategy is a crutch, mainly due to the stupid respawn mechanics but that's for another thread)

Quite often what is good for high level play is completely the opposite for the rest of the player base, and doing changes just based around the high elo is the wrong way to balance. High elo players can and will adjust to changes that the rest of the community either refuse to or are incapable of, which leads to the downfall of a game.

You cannot treat this game like you would treat starcraft. Apart from the obvious differences the way it is played is completely different in terms of peoples mindsets, plus the fact that it caters to such a wide variety of people means that you don't want to marginalize a particular group or set of groups when they are most likely the ones keeping the game alive. (financially and population wise)

NamKim

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
Just because they are high elo doesn't mean they are right, it just means that based on their experience at that particular level of play they find things the way they do. (not to mention that once a working strategy has been found, they won't want it to change because it means they have to start from scratch to find a new way of playing, and when you play 20 games a day I would imagine that would be annoying - even if that strategy is a crutch, mainly due to the stupid respawn mechanics but that's for another thread)

Quite often what is good for high level play is completely the opposite for the rest of the player base, and doing changes just based around the high elo is the wrong way to balance. High elo players can and will adjust to changes that the rest of the community either refuse to or are incapable of, which leads to the downfall of a game.

You cannot treat this game like you would treat starcraft. Apart from the obvious differences the way it is played is completely different in terms of peoples mindsets, plus the fact that it caters to such a wide variety of people means that you don't want to marginalize a particular group or set of groups when they are most likely the ones keeping the game alive. (financially and population wise)
Personally I don't see anything wrong with saying "a more experienced player disagreed with me and brought up very valid points why I might be wrong. I need to back off and think about this a little more."

I like to think that this attitude is what will help me strive to become a better player. I'm sorry that you disagree.

Edit:
Quote:
I'm sorry to tell you this...but this is exactly what the developers said how they balance the game