Kayle Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X74

01-25-2013

Kayle is, admittedly, one of the most versatile champions in the game and can play any role or any lane. But no, she's not broken. She is just a very reliable pick for almost any situation.

iSilverNinja

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X74X View Post
Kayle is, admittedly, one of the most versatile champions in the game and can play any role or any lane. But no, she's not broken. She is just a very reliable pick for almost any situation.
Not to be rude but you just said the reason she is broken.

Irish Red Cap

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWildRaticate View Post
Kayle has 1 soft CC and no escape mechanisms or gap closers. If it weren't for her ult she'd be useless since she just gets kerploded by anything that touches her. She's very far from OP, let alone BROKEN. She counters some people and is very dangerous when fed, just like every other champ in the game. Also, just like any other champ, if the person playing her is comfortable with her and plays intelligently, she can be strong, but positioning and timing are extremely crucial to any kind of success with Kayle as a whole, especially concerning her ult. Given that they tried to counterpick you with her, I'd say the Kayle player was just well versed with the champ, as well as having solid general knowledge of the game.

TL;DR: You just got outplayed/outpicked. It happens to everyone sometimes and, if someone picks up a champ that wrecks your champs day, you need to find a new strategy to mitigate your losses instead of just letting them light you up then claiming they're brokededed on the forums.
No escape/gap closer? What do you call her massive move speed boost on top of her heal and the so called "minor" cc that is a huge move speed decrease. When coupled together they make both a great escape and gap closer and doesn't take much skill to use them in order.

Cretinok

01-25-2013

Kayle's ultimate shouldnt be able to block other ultimates?

So what about any other ability that blocks damage? Specifically non ultimates.

Try to ult a Morgana with Vi, nope, spell shield.

We gonna nerf all those abilities as well?

BloodworksInc

01-25-2013

Bit biased here, I sub-main Kayle lol

Kayle is in no way shape or form, OP. Just because she is fantastic at being a hybrid, and as mentioned can fill different roles - doesn't mean shes OP. Technically, many champs can do this, so that's a bit invalid.

Secondly, if you're in a game against or with a Kayle, that has been fed enough to build enough items to boost her AP and CDR to the point where she can pop her Ult every 30 seconds, and shred groups of champs alive with E alone...

Then her being quote un quote Broken isn't the issue, the issue is with how fed shes become by curb stomping people who weren't paying attention.

I'm not trying to be mean, or unrealistic. I'm not saying Kayle is weak, she has a lot of good tools at her disposal, but lets be honest here. If any champ gets fed enough they will absolutely thrash any opposing team. Her Ult can be spammed, sort of. If you get enough Gold to boost CDR a good bit - but lest we forget its exactly 3 seconds long. And shes and whoever she has used Intervention on - is STILL exploitable by stuns and the like.

Have Cho pop whoever has Intervention up with his Q.

Once.

Ult has run out. Proceed to dismantle.

Have Lux nail her Light Prison.

Once.

Have Ali Pulverize and AA.

Once.

Etc etc etc. Like I said, Kayle is by no means weak, she has some good skills and in the right hands she can definitely seem OP. But in the right hands EVERY Champ can seem like a God if 1; The player using it is good enough and 2; The champ is fed enough.

Titanomagnus

01-25-2013

You don't fight with Kayle when she's going to get to hit you more than three times.

Her passive makes fighting her extremely painful for anyone.

CC, overwhelm and ranged poke tactics are what work best.

if you're melee, stay the hell away.

Sour Boi Pussie

01-31-2013

Her damage and utility is balanced by her squishiness and lack of a hard escape. The biggest thing I see when playing Kayle is people underestimate her or don't know her skillset. (i.e. a Darius going all in expecting an easy dunk then getting it ult'd and destroyed.) She hasn't gone through many changes and it's just recently (I suppose since professional players are giving her more popularity) that people have started throwing the blame card at her. First Darius, then Kha'zix, and now Kayle? Will the community ever stop complaining about champions and simply learn how to beat them?

Wambol

01-31-2013

I use to play Kayle a lot, and in my honest opinion she is the "Jack of all trades, master of none".
In other words, she is good at any role you place her in, but she can't excel at a single one.

she is also a decent counter-pick to a few king of lane champions, but not much else.

Awfully Beast

01-31-2013

As for not having an escape mechanism, she has her heal and a 20% move increase buff? is that not a decent or countable escape mechanic, just thought i'd throw that in. <3

Awfully Beast

01-31-2013

Just so you know, the sub-mainer of kayle, you don't know how her... you say people in her ult are exploitable to cc? do you know what cc-immune is? just asking.