Riot Ignores Heimerdinger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Stannis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Just an observation here: I searched the champion "Heimerdinger" in the box and there is not one single riot post about anything, and I've been watching every single patch notes video as they've been coming out, and i recall phreak once referring to an "UPGRADE!!!" buff as "giving Heimerdinger some love."

Plain and simple, he cannot be played in ranked, and if you pick him people will simply say you are trolling. People will ask that you be reported in allchat throughout the game. He's not high-tier by any means, and hes another champion that has been on the shelf for like two seasons of league. I mean honestly, when have you seen a 20-0 *AHEM DARIUS* Heimerdinger since season 1?

Please Riot, help this champion.

There are huge posts that are too complex - plain and simple, this champions turrets SUCK. If you upgrade them up to rank 5, they still suck. They used to serve their purposes - but then you buffed the minions a while ago. That was another indirect nerf to Heimerdinger. His turrets get 1 shotted by Vlad, Leblanc, Akali, Gragas, Calitlyn, etc etc.

You can be as pro as you possibly want with placing his 2 turrets in a battle to set up a surprise, but if anybody sees it go down, it poses little to no threat at all, even during an ultimate that jukes someone out of a turret kill - 300 to 400 hp can be chunked easily lategame by these great ap champs like ahri.

Plain and simple, a long time ago you buffed Evelynn because it was considered a "troll pick" and no champion should be considered that. Heimerdinger is now one of the few characters similar to poppy that many consider a "troll pick."

I'm not saying these champions can't be played - they may be played with skill; they don't match up to other high-tier AP champion burst characters.

>I read that other person's long post and concluded that people write a lot of nonsense with no numbers in their post. I dont have any either, I'm just pointing out an observation that riot does not talk about heimerdinger, nor have they ever "given him love" like Phreak said, they only pretty much nerfed him since original release. To summarize that post in words that he didn't address, Riot simply does not give him real love or consideration.

*Edit: Saw a post about it in General discussion and how this champion should not be buffed and 105 other champions should be burned. I think this is just a demonstration that not every single character in your game is balanced. Furor doesn't help him enough nor does the scepter. They are great items on him: yes, but they don't contribute to the fact that he's still a troll pick in ranked. I assure you that if you did a statistical analysis a few months before the evelynn nerf, a large percentage were probably resulting in being reported.

I assure you that people still often report heimerdingers on their team. He's simply just does not and cannot match up to the new meta.

Fs Son0fSilas

01-25-2013

It should pointed out, Evelynn was buffed because of how hard they nerfed her. Not because people were trolling with her.

You do know she was able to stun when using stealth, this almost gaurenteed a kill when ganking. In addition to the massive speed boost she would gain.

So riot nerfed her into the ground, this was done so so they would have time to work on her. These changes take time, and exstensive testing.

They are constantly working on visual and gameplay updates. First up for the full treatment, Karma. THEN comes Heimer.

Calm the **** down, take a seat, and wait like the rest of us. They are working on it.

King Stannis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

She received attention because she did no damage at ALL. she was only viable because of the stun. The old sheen was great and all, but she was still considered a trollpick, and heimerdinger is a trollpick too. Karma is NOT worse than heimerdinger. Not at all. In fact, i'm sure a karma could beat a heimerdinger mid any day. This has nothing to do with karma, this has to do with the fact that some characters are ignored, and heimerdinger is one of them. I sat back and chilled long enough, and now i decided to use my freedom to make a post to point out my observation.

Sue me.

TasogareReiken

01-25-2013

I think that they should be working on it. Heimer and others. But instead they release new champions that need constant new re-balancing.

joejoefred

01-25-2013

Riot is going to change Heimer.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champions
Its near the bottom.

kojima33

01-25-2013

No offense, I'm not trying to bash on you. But heimer can most definitely be played in ranked. He's a great champ if u know what your doing. Very few people know how to play him well. Maybe not 20-0. But I have for sure gone 23-3 (close to that) more than just a couple times(not in ranked but still...). I don't play heimer in ranked because he's not the hard carry type and in low elos you can't rely on anyone which is something heimer does need. But once I get to higher elos I will play him because I know my teammates will be decent or better. I think he is OP when it comes to either pushing a tower or defending one. I once defended the first mid tower for over 30 mins by myself 1v5. Yes 1v5 it was in normal and my team was just... bad... So they left me by myself... But don't get me wrong by any means. A heimer buff would be fun

Titanomagnus

01-25-2013

Let's get something straight.

If people troll you for choosing HEIMI, then it's the people who have a problem, NOT HEIMI.

He's not an assassin, and as far as I can tell, the nerfs were necessary to put him at everybody else's level- guess what?

He's a lane pusher and he's exceptional at it.

Play him like a fighter or an assassin, and you will get what you deserve- a swift ganking.

Ok, that clarified, I'd like to make an extremely absurd request of the public on Riot's behalf.

Can we PLEASE stop QQ'ing when we try to take champions WAY out of their design roles, and calling them 'Bad Champions'?

There are no 'bad champions' only 'bad players'.

/thread

Deleven

01-25-2013

just so you know, when you use the search function, red posts dont show up.

kane102

01-25-2013

i main syndra and i played a heimer and realized i could throw his turrets under my turrets or place them where i wanted and i find this retarded i used it for strategy but syndra should simply not be allowed to do this :/ even if someone "counters" heimer doesnt mean u should be allowed to place his turrets...

Fs Son0fSilas

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolognas View Post
She received attention because she did no damage at ALL. she was only viable because of the stun. The old sheen was great and all, but she was still considered a trollpick, and heimerdinger is a trollpick too. Karma is NOT worse than heimerdinger. Not at all. In fact, i'm sure a karma could beat a heimerdinger mid any day. This has nothing to do with karma, this has to do with the fact that some characters are ignored, and heimerdinger is one of them. I sat back and chilled long enough, and now i decided to use my freedom to make a post to point out my observation.

Sue me.
You have no idea what you are talking about...

She was more than viable, she was downright unfair in pubs and against new players. PLEASE, go read the patch history for eve... you will see the evolution from ultimate pubstomper, to what she is now. FWI, you are an idiot if you think she didn't deal "tons of damage" on top of a stun everytime she ganked.

Now on to my next point. I never said Karma was any more/less deserving of a rework. I was very clearly stating cold hard fact. Current viability does not change the situation. KARMA is currently getting completely re-done, just like KATARINA did, and just like Eve. Reworks are nothing new. Sometimes they are aestetic, sometimes they internal.

Now once again...pay attention now...Karma is currently being worked on, they are doing a full visual and mechanical overhall, THIS TAKES TIME. They are going at it from two angles. This kind of thing isn't finished in a week. After they are done with her, they will move forward with Heimer.

There is an order to things.

Also, as to his viability, since we are on the subject. He is completely viable in ranked. Fine, people want to ***** about you picking him. Who cares, if you are good with him. As long as you feel comfortable playing him then do so. In the last week alone I have lost lane to two very good Heimer's. That what he does.

You know what happened? Both ended up getting caught out of position late game. We won.

Maybe if you were good, people would stop *****ing about you being bad...