Shaco nerf... seriously?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lllDadalll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Who did they put in charge of balancing? Some 12 years old?

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Shaco actually has one of the most consistently high win percentages in the game.

At all levels of gameplay, including platinum,

He needs a nerf.

His early game control is unparalleled.

TheHawtPotato

01-25-2013

im 12 years old. and i have higher elo (da hell no ranked games at all?) and more wins. i bet if they put you in charge of balancing the game there would be no more players left. Shut the hell up and just let riot do their job.

N wah

01-25-2013

I don't think Shaco needs a nerf at all really.. have you seen how terrible his game becomes if he has anything but a perfect beginning? His early game control is unparalleled? What about Udyr, Xin, Pantheon and Darius? They all have pretty mean early game control I'd say. If there was anything I could think of, it would be a greater late game balancing. Consistently high win percentages doesn't mean OP... Please you must understand that.

Skaliton

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onimus Terlain View Post
Shaco actually has one of the most consistently high win percentages in the game.

At all levels of gameplay, including platinum,

He needs a nerf.

His early game control is unparalleled.

the thing with shaco is most people play him once and fail then give up...then some stick around and after 5 games quit..then the remaining like 3% really like him and learned how to play him properly, and they get good and really obsess over him, you will rarely find some1 who plays him once in a while

then consider that he is an early game champion..and since every game has an early game (not all have a late game esp in low elo games can be over in 5 minutes..sounds dumb but if you get a quick 2 kills on some1 they may rage quit)

TheMajestics

01-25-2013

I think this nerf is going to send Shaco R.I.P,, Shaco isn't OP., in fact it has a terrible late game.
Most people complains about him being a real pain in the ass. -i was one too. So i take the SMART road and I LEARNT WHO TO PLAY HIM.
That was the real pain 'cause he is anything but easy. I needed a lot of coops games and some lost games to fully understand his mechanics.
Even more, he is quite predictable. Like any champ, once you played him you know how to counter him or how to avoid being counter by.

If Riot removes it passive slow Shaco is gonna become useless. U can not try to fix it by getting the red buff 'cause, like the blue one with the mid laner,from the second one to the end of the game, your ADC is going to take it.

Shaco is an assassin that can not longer be able to assassinate.

Fluffy1

01-26-2013

he has a high win percentage cause the only people who play him more than a few times are the people who can naturally pick him up and excel with him, those players are very few and far between.

currently hes an assassin champ who cant 1 vs 1 people in a face to face fight and cant teamfight as an AD build, hes a champion designed to exploit peoples mistakes and play on paranoia, almost all of his kills come from being in the right place at the right time, usualy attacking allready drastically weakened opponents, hes very limited in power after the first 15 minutes.

he should be buffed but currently the amount of stupidity and mistakes made in games is sufficient for him to do something useful so a buff wont be given anytime soon till people learn how to stop being bad

RadiantPyrophore

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
he has a high win percentage cause the only people who play him more than a few times are the people who can naturally pick him up and excel with him, those players are very few and far between.

currently hes an assassin champ who cant 1 vs 1 people in a face to face fight and cant teamfight as an AD build, hes a champion designed to exploit peoples mistakes and play on paranoia, almost all of his kills come from being in the right place at the right time, usualy attacking allready drastically weakened opponents, hes very limited in power after the first 15 minutes.

he should be buffed but currently the amount of stupidity and mistakes made in games is sufficient for him to do something useful so a buff wont be given anytime soon till people learn how to stop being bad
Funny how his win percentage is highest in high elo then. No, to be realistic, the only thing that counters Shaco is extremely strong team coordination, which effectively doesn't exist in solo queue, this is why you never see him in tournaments also, it's because strong team coordination is a given there.

Any argument about only certain people being able to pick him up is patently false, from my time taking him for test runs I can tell you that his kit is actually very easy to grasp, the only real skill involved being in deciding how to build him and when to engage, other icing skills are obviously becoming good at juking with him and controlling his ult well, but they aren't nearly as essential. No, his combos are all extremely obvious, as is dueling as him, the idea being to open with burst, saving the ult to dodge that one thing that will inevitably kill you otherwise while assuring your enemy's demise. Obviously if you're bad at timing that ult dodge, there's a good chance you get ****ed 1v1, otherwise you have easily enough damage and innate survivability (fears and jukes) to survive most duels, especially since your Q effectively allows you to dictate when, where, and under what circumstances you duel.

No, the reason he isn't played terribly often is not because he is difficult or underpowererd, it's actually because he's almost Malphite level boring once you figure him out, so only people who really like to win in solo queue will be able to take playing him often.

Effectively, you only fight Shaco when Shaco has the home team advantage, on every possible level

etharian

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllDadalll View Post
Who did they put in charge of balancing? Some 12 years old?
Why so serious?

Onimus Terlain

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post

If Riot considered champions that were just "designed to exploit peoples mistakes" well balanced, they wouldn't have nerfed Kha'zix either.

The fact of the matter is, you win League of Legends by capitalizing on your opponent's mistakes. In MOBAs, you're going to make mistakes.
Often.

And champions like Shaco make that part of the game too easy.

I think Stonewall, the famous jungler, put it best:

Quote:
Ganking S+ - Stealth is a broken mechanic. Throw a blink on top of that and now you're just stepping on the broken shards. Give the character with that ability a slow and you're just setting the glass dust shards on fire. Give that character high damage as well and you just threw a drum of gasoline onto the flames. Then give that character an AoE fear stealthed trap and now you're just being an ass. Shaco just has so many tools, many of which allow him to punish players who aren't really doing anythign wrong, its downright stupid. He has access to all sorts of ganks and even haphazard ganks work for him. Stealth is just so toxic. That said, Shaco is one of the runners for best ganker in the game.
http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-li...ist-thresh-era

He punishes people even if they aren't doing anything wrong. That's more than capitalizing on mistakes. That's capitalizing on your opponent not having the ability to see into the future.