Preseason 3 Digi-Art Throwdown Happening Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZyniX69

01-25-2013

Blitzcrank and Alistar doing the fusion dance from DBZ? O_o

HisOwnPrison

01-25-2013

Seems an excellent opportunity with a lot of prizes... Lets see if i can do something with
my favourite champion, Little Cho Gath!!!

InterventX

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTTcom View Post
Oh hai everybody! Hope you like the pic
Hey, what program do you use to make art like that? Also, any tutorials I could look at? I'm good at art I just don't know how to do it on the computer Please let me know ASAP!

Wolfman131

01-25-2013

Blitz And Alistar doing fusion i wonder if there name is going to be Blitstar

Montesque64

01-25-2013

How would one go about getting a job in the lore department?

MaTTcom

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterventX View Post
Hey, what program do you use to make art like that? Also, any tutorials I could look at? I'm good at art I just don't know how to do it on the computer Please let me know ASAP!
I use photoshop entirely for da arts; and its available via monthly subscription if the GIGANTIC price tag doesnt appeal to you .

As far as tutorials I cant really point to any offhand, though im sure there are plenty out there. Im entirely self taught and i've used pre-digital era comics as my template for drawing/painting digitally. That means i fall into the routine of sketch-->ink--->color for most of my work. Thats not to say its as strict or confining as traditional comic creation; just that the logic and conceptualization falls into those three steps. Eventually i just merge all these phases and layers and paint directly on the character or environment as though it were a traditional painting by smudging things around til it looks about right.

And thats the great part of digital art; there are a million ways to achieve amazing results and everyone does things a little differently. I most definitely do NOT have the best method, but its getting better

So get your hands on a copy of photoshop if you can and just start using it! The logic of things is fairly easy to learn and familiar in its terms for tools if you have traditional art experience.

Ezreal Please

01-25-2013

Mundo lifts....

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Ugh. I really want to participate but I've seen the winners of the other art contests and I just cannot do digital painting that well(partly on account of my half-broken and very old tablet that ignores half of the pen strokes that are made). And I dunno about when you guys say "the entries will be judged on creativity", even though I want to believe that they are... none of the winners have ever been too terribly creative, just beautifully rendered.

But winning even the third prize tablet is so tempting... I just know I could never win based on the winners in the past...

Decafeiner

01-25-2013

I wish I was able to draw better then a one-handed monkey.....

I got the ideas, but when I try to put something on paper/computer, this looks more like a 2-yo drawing than something that barely look like the stuff I was thinking about......

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman131 View Post
Blitz And Alistar doing fusion i wonder if there name is going to be Blitstar
Alicrank was more what I was thinking.