Why is Blade of the Ruined King not available?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

01-25-2013

Playing as an on-hit proc Kog'Maw today made me realize that the lack of BotRK in Dominion really sets you back, since you can't sustain yourself. Kitae's Bloodrazor, while decent, suffers the same issue as Madred's Bloodrazor: penetration woes. Plus, Kitae's doesn't sustain you at all.

I understand there's no Warmog's in Dominion, which BotRK is designed to hard-counter, but it still sucks to not have that sustain item for AS users.

Any reason why, Riot? Too powerful? Kitae's filling the role already?

Phourc

01-25-2013

I don't know but I'd really like to see kitae's get either a rework or just be replaced by BoRK - the SR analog got flat out deleted in S3, and TT's got replaced with BoRK, we're the only one keeping that outdated and crappy item design around. ):

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I mentioned this to HaIfhearted actually and his input was "OH GOD BRUISERS" or something to that effect, which I can see. It benefits an already strong class and Ranged AD's really don't want it because they rely on late game multiplicative scaling to kill everything, so that might be why it was left out.

Also, on hit builds deal magic damage, so an item that deals Physical damage that tries to have synergy with Magic Damage is a bit odd.

A Slime Appears

01-25-2013

Because Jax/Xin Zhao with it would be mother ****ing ridiculous.

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

BoRK isn't really for on-hit builds.

Rilakkuma

01-25-2013

BoRK is only better than Bloodthirster if the target has over 3000 HP, which would only be extreme tanks (there's no warmogs here!). It only does current HP, not max HP, so it isn't very good - with the exception of lifesteal and slow. On SR you don't need the slow and you will get bloodthirster on Kog, so ignore BoRK.

Kitae's is a decent item, and also cheaper.

Yousonerfed

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeeDeh View Post
BoRK is only better than Bloodthirster if the target has over 3000 HP, which would only be extreme tanks (there's no warmogs here!). It only does current HP, not max HP, so it isn't very good - with the exception of lifesteal and slow. On SR you don't need the slow and you will get bloodthirster on Kog, so ignore BoRK.

Kitae's is a decent item, and also cheaper.
Well, I had a build that would give me over 2.2AS, and I was up against opponents with Frozen Mallets and Black Cleavers, so you can imagine that I'd want a shredder weapon against them. Kitae's works decently enough, but lacks that oh-so-nice sustain.

MMKH

01-25-2013

Because of herpity derpity tanky derps being more dominant I would imagine.

CartoonMad

01-25-2013

you all fail and rely on the new items to much.

Kitaes with a wits end on kog maw is strong as it is. And you get a life steal item and boom gg your kog melts all in his path as if they are butter especially with a last whisper.

XantheInsane

01-27-2013

% current health is so stronk, amirite? just like liandry's.