Any thought for Duel Pen item?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poko

01-25-2013

We'd need to make a unique penetration name like how aegis has legion and put that pen name on both last whisper and void staff along with this new item: "Last Void?" "Whispering Void?" . Name isn't important.

At first I was thinking a 17 and 17 % pen - With mastery you get 25% dual pen before numerical pen. Other idea is combining a Haunting Guise and The Brutalizer.

Second % might be 22% each for total 30% pen. Sounds op but the fact you won't be getting as much total AP or AD as the others it should be offset.

Quadradactyl

01-25-2013

Way too powerful, it wouldn't work.

Because it would be devastating early game when you have very little armor then late game it would melt your higher resists.

If you want Dual pen then get the runes. Those exist you know.

Dark Kuno

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyletRaccoon View Post
Way too powerful, it wouldn't work.

Because it would be devastating early game when you have very little armor then late game it would melt your higher resists.

If you want Dual pen then get the runes. Those exist you know.

A dual pen item wouldn't be an early game item

It would, realistically have to be a tier 3 since from a balance standpoint.

I could see something along the lines of combining Guise+Pickaxe or a Brutalizer+Blasting Wand

And of course the logical option of simply combining Brutalizer and Guise.

The base cost of the components alone would ensure the item would be a mid game option at best but most commonly seen late game since you're talking about 2.5-3k+ investment regardless of which above T1+T2 item combination you chose to go with to build the thing.

Tejesh

01-25-2013

Haunting Guise +200 Health, +25 AP; UNIQUE Passive: +15 MPen (1485)
Brutalizer +25 AD; UNIQUE Passive(s): +10% CDR, +10 ArPen (1337)
Long Sword +10 AD (400)
Amplifying Tome +20 AP (435)

3657 + 343 combine cost = 4000g

Stats:
+200 Health
+50 AP
+40 AD
UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive: Gain +0.35 Magic Penetration for every 1 bonus AD, and 0.35 Armor Penetration for every 1 AP

MajorSwain

01-25-2013

It's been suggested before. I suggest using the search function on the forums.

I wish there was a hybrid penetration item. I hope if they do make one that they don't nerf Jax.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Dual/Hybrid penetration has been suggested multiple times before. The only reason I can see it being left out still would be if you were advocating dual % penetration.

Kholdstare13

01-28-2013

bring back bloodrazor as a dual pen item, perhaps?

brutalizer (1337) + haunting guise (1485) + stinger (1250) + 128g (4200) <--priced as triforce for lategame

30 attack damage
30 ability power
300 health
50% attack speed
unique 20% cooldown reduction
unique 15 armor penetration
unique 20 magic penetration

unique passive: your basic attacks and single target abilities deal damage equal to 2% of your target's maximum health as physical damage, and an identical amount as magic damage.

Obviously this is tailored for on-hit champions like Kog'maw and Teemo, as well as an amazing offensive option for champions like WW. It also opens up an odd, yet interesting option for hybrids like MF and Jax, and might even see some use on champs like Akali.

Irelia Bot

01-28-2013

Here is something I came up with a while ago.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2277069

If you are wanting Haunting Guise and Brutalizer that is not likely to happen because it would be only really useful against champs with little to no resistance. The best option is to have it be a reasonable 25 to 30% armor and magic reduction that forces players to build both AD and AP to get said stats reducing the chance if the item being abused by non hybrid builds stacking massive % penetrations.

RockJockey

01-30-2013

What if they went the Black Cleaver route and gave it both a flat pen and a % pen?

Combine HG and Brutalizer

10 MR flat Pen
10 AR flat Pen
X% MR Pen
X% AR Pen

I would like to see such an item, there are several Hybrids who could use it.