Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Speed quints

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragmar

11-30-2009

How much faster am I if i get 3 speed quints. It add 4.5% but how much do you have in total. What speed to you start with, how much are each boots?

The guide that is stickied says u start with 300, so 4.5% would be like 13.5, which seems worthless, why would anyone buy these quints?

Dragmar

11-30-2009

Oh and im in game,, and jsut realized i can see my movement speed at start is 320

Willy Smith

11-30-2009

Im no expert at this stuff but here is my thoughts. Im pretty certain that move speed is different for different champions i think ranging from around 300 to 320 but im not sure about the numbers.
Also the good thing about move speed quints is they give that extra bit needed to chase or run. If im singe and im running from singe and we both got the same boots but i have only 1 more move speed then him then theoretically he shouldnt be able to catch me so i think the quints are good for haveing just that extra bit above other champions.

EnygmaSoul

Recruiter

11-30-2009

Actually, I believe base movement can go as low as 290 - Anivia and Fiddlesticks come to mind off the top of my head.

I've always gotten a headache from playing the slower moving characters in the game.

I think Janna has spoiled me.

wildfire393

11-30-2009

It can also go as high as 330 (Jax). Jax with Boots of Mobility hits 400, meaning the 4.5% gives you 16 move speed. That's almost as much as the difference between level one and level two boots.

Lemt

12-01-2009

http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3287&highlight=diminishing+returns

I'd make a post myself, but this is better.