Champion with high attack speed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmyOverlord

12-01-2009

There probably isn't one that has it initially, but I've been using Ashe and the Ashe guide.

450g -> Pendant

640g -> Upgrade to Stone

1050g -> Lv3 movement with Boots of Swiftness

1850g -> BM Sword

1215g (I think) -> Black Cleaver

Then you invest 4k+ into Infinity Edge.

Then Banshee's Veil and stuff. .-.

This is very hax and great and all. But..I prefer high attack speed over damage. Will high attack speed with Ashe do well? If not, is there a champion that would?

Jozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-01-2009

Attack Speed is a great stat, if you have some good +Damage and Armor Pen with it. So going something like Last Whisper and then Infinity Edge might give you what you're looking for.

AmyOverlord

12-01-2009

I haven't gotten a look at what Last Whisper is, yet.

And I'm busy, so would you or someone else mind posting the stats it gives?

(I really like the Phantom Dancer also :3)

SpyderMonkey

12-01-2009

From memory: Last Whisper is 20 Atk dmg, 40% attack speed and 40% armor penetration.

What I like to do with Ashe is build towards Infinity edge, then see what stats I'll be up against. High armor I get a black cleaver / last whisper combo. If they're stacking HP, get a Maldred's bloodrazor to increase your damage (also adds attack speed).

If you're seriously interested in attack speed only as a stat, to keep your dmg high get an infinity edge, then Maldred's Bloodrazor and tailor your final item to what you need. If you're still having problem with armor, throw in black cleaver, if not, it's up to you.

wildfire393

12-01-2009

If you want to stack attack speed, the key is to stack items that give both attack speed and damage. Some good examples of this are: Malady (each hit increases further damage taken), Wit's End (each hit mana burns them for 42), Last Whisper (attack damage and armor penetration), and Madred's Blodrazor (attack damage and % of their life in damage). Phantom Dancer is good, no doubt, but not for this. There's not a lot of point in increasing your attack speed when all you will do is base damage + maybe crit damage. However, Infinity Edge + Phantom Dancers is a very viable strategy.

Mugsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2009

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Ashe/...0dcdb6d7ef4ab3

That build might suit what your after the max attack speed is 2.5 attacks per second and that one caps out at 2.416 so its pretty close to limit.

The battle calculator says it'll do 1491 damage per second but assuming Trinity Force's 'on cast, increases your base Attack Damage by 150% for one attack.' procs from Ashe's Frost Shot it should deal 50% more on top of the 1491dps.

Would have to check that though.

EDIT
I did check and trinity force doesnt proc of frost shot it may be that toggle abilities in general cant proc on cast effects would have to look into it further, given that fact though i would probably switch the trinity force out for a bloodthirster

Pen15Mightier

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
If you want to stack attack speed, the key is to stack items that give both attack speed and damage. Some good examples of this are: Malady (each hit increases further damage taken), Wit's End (each hit mana burns them for 42), Last Whisper (attack damage and armor penetration), and Madred's Blodrazor (attack damage and % of their life in damage). Phantom Dancer is good, no doubt, but not for this. There's not a lot of point in increasing your attack speed when all you will do is base damage + maybe crit damage. However, Infinity Edge + Phantom Dancers is a very viable strategy.
One thing to keep in mind though is the +42 dmg from Wit's End, is not included in +% atk dmg abilities (Parlllay, Chain Gun, Death Lotus, etc.) Therefore it's only good if you hit the target multiple times ina short time frame (Warwick's Ult = 6*42 = 252 dmg and mana drained, while they are stunned for 2 seconds, and eating those 6 attacks).

Holypope

12-01-2009

AmyOverlord,

The main thing to consider is natural diminishments. example:

100 damage, 1.0 attack speed = 100 dps
100 damage +20 damage item, 1.0 attack speed= 120 dps

100 damage, 1.0 + 20% attack speed= 120 dps

100 damage +40 damage item, 1.0 attack speed = 140 dps

100 damage + 20 damage item, 1.0 attack speed +20% item= 144 dps

There's always a balance, but generally you want to add damage if your attack speed is high or attack speed if your damage is high.

The only exceptions are consideration for 'on hit' effects. If you're using trinity force, you can get one +150% hit every few seconds. This would skew your max DPS toward attack damage, as speed doesnt play into this ability.

Holypope

12-01-2009

also, I'm pretty sure twitch has the highest attack speed when you include his stealth bonus into the formula. Yi is another good option.

wildfire393

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen15Mightier View Post
One thing to keep in mind though is the +42 dmg from Wit's End, is not included in +% atk dmg abilities (Parlllay, Chain Gun, Death Lotus, etc.) Therefore it's only good if you hit the target multiple times ina short time frame (Warwick's Ult = 6*42 = 252 dmg and mana drained, while they are stunned for 2 seconds, and eating those 6 attacks).
Just to note, Parrlay does indeed get Wit's end (actually the full amount of its damage/burn) because Parrrlay triggers on-hit effects.