i dont get why people dont play dominion the right way

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLucious LftFt

01-25-2013

I am not high elo, but even in my sr games people communicate before the game, people pick toons that fill roles.

in these games i have to ask many times if anyones going bottum. if noone responds i got bot. 1/4 of the time someone steals it.

its like ~40% of the quers, at my elo, just pick a random toon and auto lock and walk away from their computers.

most people seem to not have a problem reading a SR guide and actualy playing the game, but they dont seem to for this game.

alll i ask is at least use some tact when u pick ur toon, and at least know whos botting so u can make a team.

It is really hard to make a team comp if noone even knows whos botting.

people have bad games but putting urself in a huge disadvatage at load screen is another story.

Golly

01-25-2013

This behavior is what inspired me to play and prefer bot.

I will always start a game with, "Ok, who's bot?" or "I would prefer bot, if no one objects."

If you want to be a part of the solution, be prepared to spend a lot of games bot. Become proficient at the matchups and develop a thick skin. You will get blamed for a lot. Bot is the jungler of Dominion.

Do not be afraid to try new things. At the very least, your games will seem a lot less hectic when you always know that someone will be bot, and someone who may or may not be very skilled at it, but actively trying to improve.

GL

Call Me Dorans

01-25-2013

I main bot, half because of that specific reason and half because i like soloing someone XD

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
If you want to be a part of the solution, be prepared to spend a lot of games bot. Become proficient at the matchups and develop a thick skin. You will get blamed for a lot. Bot is the jungler of Dominion.
Ar...Are you me? I don't know what's going on here... I NEED AN ADULT, I NEED AN ADULT!

NamKim

01-25-2013

For the past couple of days, I've been playing bot. Mostly because I always wanted to try out AD Malz...and also because I want my match history to be filled with AD Malz and have my SR friends look at it and see their responses

As much as people say Bot is where you can carry your team, I'm starting to doubt this. When I go top, I try my best to fill in the empty holes. The biggest one is usually the lack of a tanky-support-CC champion, like Taric. I do not understand why so many people want to go glass cannon champions... Personally, I always found those types of champions to be boring. It's just who has bigger muscles. I like to fight with my brain: CC, Resistance, HP, and Utility. No, you will not single-handedly carry a team, but I was always a support-main person to begin with.

Edit: My old motto when I used to main support on SR was "I can turn mediocre players good, but I can turn good players great."

MyDeadGrandma

01-25-2013

Actually, it requires a little more finesse to play a glass cannon than a defense stacker, thus the ****storm that occurred when people found out they couldn't survive on heroes without natural defense steroids just by stacking armor in S2.

But yes, if you want to rise, you generally have to be prepared for the potential to bot every game.

Palladine

01-27-2013

I always ask "anyone planning on going bot?" as the first line of blind pick Dominion matches. Then, if no one responds, I pick a dedicated bot champion and actually go bottom.

Nothing worse than this:

*5 people standing at top of summoning platform*
"we need a bot"
"who's bot"
"ez bot?"
ez: "top"
*game starts*
*no one goes bottom*

Redenbacher

01-27-2013

I have found only two ways to somewhat reliably 'carry, games.

Play bot, or gank bot.

I'll either take a tanky champion packed with utility top and gank bot whenever I can, take a highly mobile champion and gank bot whenever I can, play a versatile champion that can fill in top or bot... or finally, play a really strong bot.

Either way, the game is typically won by forcing the enemy team to send unfavorable numbers top by keeping pressure bot.

th3drow

01-27-2013

Ya this is one of my largest pet peeves, when noone talks at all. probably 80% of my games I'm the only one to say something about bottom, decent amount of the time people jsut ignore and I end up snagging it.

FDru

01-27-2013

WTF is a toon?

I call bot. Grab me Mickey Mouse, ban Wile E. Coyote.