Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE Client having trouble opening

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArTisTKudoKu

01-25-2013

Hi! My friend told me about the PBE and how to set it up etc. I have my account all ready, and I've patched the client Riot tells you to download.

So after the patching process, there's a "Play" button that you press for the home screen of LoL to open. For whatever reason when I hit "Play", the patching window goes away, and the home window doesn't come up. It also doesn't seem to act as an application that's running either.

I checked my task manager (ctrl alt delete) and once I hit Play, the LoLLauncher comes up as using about 15k memory as expected, but doesn't come up as a window you can interact with.

I understand many people are having this same exact issue, I've used every fix I could find including:

- Repairing using the client itself
- Deleting the patched files in the PBE folder and re-patching
- Deleting the patched files in the PBE folder, deleting the PBE folder and re-downloading the entire client

And none of these have worked for me. I've also used Run As Administrator and that too seems to fail in working.

I don't think this issue should be ignored, I've seen plenty of forum threads about this. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

ArTisTKudoKu

01-25-2013

Bumping this in hope that someone would help ._.

Vodkanov

01-25-2013

I personally have to use the lol.admin client application rather than the regular one when playing the pbe. Other than that I have no idea... Also, as a safety precaution, make sure all the latest Windows updates are installed, Flash updates, and go ahead and restart your computer . Not exactly a computer expert but those are the only suggestions I have for you.

ElDynamite

01-25-2013

How long have you been trying this for? The server's been down for a few hours, and while it's down you can't connect. Try again when the server is up (it's down for maintainence A LOT)

ArTisTKudoKu

01-25-2013

I've been attempting to get on even since it said the server was online. My friend was playing and wanted me to play with.

Sachin Tendulkar

01-25-2013

my normal pbe launcher never opens. I always use the lol.launcher.admin.exe :/

ArTisTKudoKu

01-25-2013

Even when I use lol.launcher.admin.exe, the launch window after hitting "Play" doesn't open.

I know for a fact many other people have this issue and I've tried to use every single suggested "fix" method.

ArTisTKudoKu

01-25-2013

Bumping in hope of some sort of help.. Thanks for any info anyone can give.

Akuen

01-25-2013

I have a different but possibly related issue. the pvp.net kernel fails, causing it to freeze before the play window even opens. So I can't patch the pbe either.

ArTisTKudoKu

01-25-2013

Riot? Some help please? xD