Laptop Specs for LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXxRaidenxXx

01-30-2013

Hey guys I was just wondering if this laptop can run LoL on high graphics smoothly. I was thinking about purchasing it and wanted to make sure it can run my favorite game! And sorry that I don't know any of this computer stuff I'm a newbie!
I've listed the specifications of this laptop here:
Gen Intel® Core™ i3-2328M processor
Features a 3MB L3 cache and 2.2GHz processor speed.
Intel® Core™ i3 processor
Features smart 4-way processing performance for HD quality computing. Intel® HD graphics provide extra graphics power for your laptop when you need it.
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.
15.6" LED-backlit high-definition display
With BrightView technology and 1366 x 768 resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.
500GB hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Feature 1696MB total available video memory for lush images with intricate detail. HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

probably not since that is a integrated card. i3 is not really a gaming cpu either

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-30-2013

No laptop is going to run LoL smoothly without a dedicated graphics card, and more graphically demanding games may not run at all. "Intel HD Graphics" means that there's no card. If it doesn't say AMD or NVIDIA, forget it.

Cynical Rain

01-30-2013

What the hell are you talking about?

Its an integrated card - yes, but my toaster can run league.

That laptop DEFINITELY will run league just fine.

What the hell do you think this is? Crysis? Aion? Some korean Mmorpg?

Edit: I got curious after seeing this, and decided to see what the actual requirements were, look -> https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...m-requirements

Apparently I'm wrong, but I won't change my previous statements because I don't see what aspect of league requires so much processing power.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-30-2013

He specifically asked if it will run League on high graphics smoothly. A toaster cannot, and neither can a laptop with these specs.

xXxRaidenxXx

01-30-2013

Alright so after reading these responses I have 2 other laptops in mind that I may have interest in http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834310643
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834131444
Will either of these run High graphics smoothly?

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

tbh your not going to get a $400 laptop to run league smoothly on high graphics. It should do low and medium settings fine but not high. these all will most likely have integrated cards. you would need about and $800 laptop to get high setting smoothly because that around the range they start putting non-integrated graphics in laptops

xXxRaidenxXx

01-30-2013

Yeah but OhBoyItsaMegaman said if it doesnt have NVIDIA or AMD then forget it. One of the ones I posted has an AMD Radeon HD 7520G

TrueSkillz

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxRaidenxXx View Post
Yeah but OhBoyItsaMegaman said if it doesnt have NVIDIA or AMD then forget it. One of the ones I posted has an AMD Radeon HD 7520G
thats still and integrated card

xXxRaidenxXx

01-30-2013

Okay so an integrated graphics card means its built in to the motherboard right? When I search for the right laptop to buy how do I determine if it isn't integrated.