Why so much spanish?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vivimos

01-25-2013

Can Riot make an English only server or something? It seems that about 1 out of 3 games I play have two or three peeps who refuse to communicate in english with the rest of the team. They can speak English but they just chose not to because it makes them feel smart or something. This destroys the teamwork and enjoyability of the game.

SchierkeWiking

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivimos View Post
Can Riot make an English only server or something?
They can, but they won't.

SilverLegends

01-25-2013

Look im Chilean, im bilingual (i know my english sucks) I tend too talk spanish cause im 4 man premade usually, if im duo que I speak spanish only for personal isues.

Point is u cant be that selfish, and the point is 2 meet new people and have fun, riot games has made a huge effort to make non verbal comunication easier every patch, nowadays u can do almost everything without talking.

Also dont label us all like mexicans, and dont be racist plz

Uccisore

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLegends View Post
Look im Chilean, im bilingual (i know my english sucks) I tend too talk spanish cause im 4 man premade usually, if im duo que I speak spanish only for personal isues.

Point is u cant be that selfish, and the point is 2 meet new people and have fun, riot games has made a huge effort to make non verbal comunication easier every patch, nowadays u can do almost everything without talking.

I don't speak Korean.

If there was a Korean team PVP game, and I made an account on it and logged in to play, and I couldn't tell what my teammates were saying to me and I was constantly confused and letting them down because I didn't know what the hell was going on, I would feel like a giant ass hole.

I would expect to be banned.

I would be the selfish one, not the people who didn't want me there.

So that's the perspective I have when I say people don't speak English shouldn't be here. It's not that I hate non-English speakers. It's that if the roles were reversed (and they are, there are plenty of non-English games out there), I know I would never ever do such a thing, so it's easy for me to see it as a bad thing when others do it.

Viinushka

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLegends View Post

Yo también soy Chilena, y no quiero ser grosera o desviar el tema, pero de verdad espero que hagan un servidor solo para Latinos, porque estoy enferma de encontrarmelos (Especialmente los que comparten mi nacionalidad, es una vergüenza) porque siempre tienden a ser unos idiotas que no cooperan, llaman de mil formas a los demás, con horrible espíritu deportivo y gramática (ni en Español los entiendo).

También, si no sabes ingles, trata de comunicarte de otra manera, estas en un equipo, usa pings o algo, llama los mias, todos los terminos son bastante universales. Si juegas con un par de amigos que hablen Español, ten en cuenta que hay otros integrantes, solo porque no hablen tu idioma no significa que no existen. Todo esto lo digo por experiencias que he tenido.

-----------------

I'm Chilean too, and I don't want to be rude, or mislead the topic, but I certainly hope they make a server just for Latin americans, because I'm pretty sick of them (specially the ones that share my nationallity, its an embarrassment) because they all tend to be ****ing *******s that don't cooperate, with poor sportsmanship, trash talk everyone and poor writing (even in Spanish I cannot understand).

Also, if you don't know how to speak English, try to comunicate in another way, you're in a team, ping or something, call mia, all the terms are pretty universal. If you play with friends that speak Spanish, remember that there are more teammates, just because they don't speak your language doesn't mean they don't exist. All this is from my personal experience.

SchierkeWiking

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
I don't speak Korean.

If there was a Korean team PVP game, and I made an account on it and logged in to play, and I couldn't tell what my teammates were saying to me and I was constantly confused and letting them down because I didn't know what the hell was going on, I would feel like a giant ass hole.

I would expect to be banned.

I would be the selfish one, not the people who didn't want me there.

So that's the perspective I have when I say people don't speak English shouldn't be here. It's not that I hate non-English speakers. It's that if the roles were reversed (and they are, there are plenty of non-English games out there), I know I would never ever do such a thing, so it's easy for me to see it as a bad thing when others do it.
Riot simply doesn't have any rules regarding language. It's not punishable according to the Summoner's Code to not speak English in the NA server.

Riot may or may not one day make a South American server and depending on it's quality it may or may not mean that most of the non English speaking South American will migrate.

You will simply have to deal with the issue.

Uccisore

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchierkeWiking View Post
Riot simply doesn't have any rules regarding language. It's not punishable according to the Summoner's Code to not speak English in the NA server.
Ah, I see. I have to ignore everything I know about how human beings should treat each other because a video game company didn't explicitly write down a rule about it.
Just because you're at the 'authority' stage of moral reasoning doesn't mean I have to be.