A solution that might help with the flaming community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eahkob

01-25-2013

Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...h_the_flaming/

Stupid wall of text intro cuz I wanted to practice my essay skills for next week
So as we all know League of Legends, arguably one of the current best games out there with the worst community, has a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) problem with flaming. Flaming is whenever one decides to verbally abuse other people while in game. Though this is overlooked sometimes this is a massive issue. Just my previous two games bot lane constantly flamed each other resulting in a split between the support and the adc (support taking cs, adc not leaving bot etc.). Flaming loses games. I would rather Riot stop investing time in creating new champions and invest more time into implementing a system where flaming could be reduced.
The actual "solution":
Just like how after you get Honor you get a little message that says "Congratulations! Your fellow Summoners have honored you for..." the reporting system should have the same effect. If someone is reminded that they have done something bad and their account is at risk of a ban they may change for the better. I have (poorly) created an image on how I think this should look like: http://i.imgur.com/joqPxbw.png
Why this would work:
Saintconnor, one of the many bright summoners out there, stated "I think its a decent idea. If you notice you are getting called out a lot, and get a nice big visual stating so, you'll be more inclined to stop unless you want to get banned." He has described the entire point of this effort way better than I could.
I am really tired of losing games because of flaming and negative attitude. This game needs it's community to be changed and quick. With some harsh love I think that this community can improve and I believe that this goal of ours can be achieved.
EDIT 1: I also think the unskilled player reporting option should be removed as that is no reason to ban an account because they are unable to perform well in certain situations (get counterpicked or camped)

LPsoldierr

Recruiter

01-27-2013

This is a post that should be seen. Great idea's man!

Straynar

01-27-2013

Unskilled is basically just so you can report new players so they can get stuck in lower ELO honestly.

Basically just need checks and balances honestly.

Like afkers, unskilled is handled differently but harms more because the truly unskilled are ranked better than those that were once reported as unskilled.

KøD The Chøsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Grand Idea! The only downfall I can think of this, is when you get reported by flamers after a game. It would make people very much more angry.