Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Champion cost? wtf Riot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conversion Gel

01-25-2013

l2readnews...

Fabulous Gaymer

01-25-2013

Quote:
Mastaslade:
Really? You guys need money that bad? Share with me the point besides profit if there is one.

Person doesn't read I think. Okay, so they increased the IP cost, which is free. You get IP from playing the game. The increase is only for the first week so that we don't have 500 people the first week playing him.

They didn't increase RP cost, they infact decrease older champs RP(or IP can't remember) every so often now.

So why are you saying they need money when you aren't spending anymore. Plus if you're worried about a $5 difference(if there was one) then maybe you shouldn't be paying anything. haha

NetStormer

01-25-2013

Quote:
Spooning Forker:
They didn't increase RP cost, they infact decrease older champs RP(or IP can't remember) every so often now.

So why are you saying they need money when you aren't spending anymore. Plus if you're worried about a $5 difference(if there was one) then maybe you shouldn't be paying anything. haha

They normalized the RP costs over the champion tiers, and when a champion is moved down a tier, both their IP and RP cost are reduced.

Also, the RP cost is staying the same for newly released champions at 975.

RayDrazon

01-25-2013

Quote:
Adrian Umbra:
Hold your horses, dude. Actually read the posts and calm down. Thresh will be back at 6300 in a week. If you're looking for them to release something under 6300, those days are long gone. Instead, they're reducing prices on older champions as they release new ones. Of course we're not pro higher prices. But the changes Riot made are totally understandable and have been announced for weeks.

And personally, I like not seeing as many fail Threshes as I would with 6300 pricing. Plus the price reductions are just awesome.

I personally like this new way. It's better to have a champion that is above normal price for a week with older champion price reductions than to have new champions released at 6300 IP with no price reductions.

drcool52

01-25-2013

iv seen nothing about it reducing the amount of noobs the first week. it feels like i see more then before. lol but its not really for that reason bc not it will be the second week that noob threses are running around. ugggggggg

Homosexuality

Recruiter

01-25-2013

It upsets me to see how ignorant people can be

Gurtruck

Recruiter

01-26-2013

Quote:
Mastaslade:
Really? You guys need money that bad? Share with me the point besides profit if there is one.

I dunno how a champion costing more IP the first week gives Riot more money.

Disturbed Sanity

01-29-2013

I know this thread is a few days old, but even if they put up the RP cost, they have given you a game for FREE and let you try out a new list of champions each week for FREE.

Fluffy1

01-29-2013

450 IP is the same cost as 6300 IP ie: $0 stop *****ing