ADC w/ Warmogs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

11b Lead the Way

01-25-2013

How's it going everyone,

I was wondering what your guys thoughts were on the new warmog adc build that has been showing up in tournaments and high elo streams. What's the reasoning in your opinion?

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I would assume this would only be a thing on ADCs without very good defense.
Ezreal has his flash making him very hard to pin down.
Corki/Trist/Graves have jumps/dashes.

But missfortune and kog are used more nowdays too which is surprising. They have no escapes, so perhaps toughening them up so they don't melt in combat when the Irelia charges thru the ranks is the way to go.

Fifth Scheme

01-25-2013

I like going Warmogs because late game the resistances from Guardian Angel are worthless. Everybody has Black Cleaver and/or Last Whisper, making it an expensive item for just one extra life that requires team coordination to do you any good.

Warmogs, on the other hand, works great to counter burst mages and heal quickly from poke exchanges. I can't think of a better final item.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Scheme View Post
I like going Warmogs because late game the resistances from Guardian Angel are worthless. Everybody has Black Cleaver and/or Last Whisper, making it an expensive item for just one extra life that requires team coordination to do you any good.

Warmogs, on the other hand, works great to counter burst mages and heal quickly from poke exchanges. I can't think of a better final item.

This guy has it.

Fact of the matter is, GA used to be 10x better before all of these penetration items. Because you could compound your lifesteal as an ADC with the armor/MR received effectively increasing the amount you healed two-fold.

Now, its basically a Zonhuya's that activates on its own before you die. Which, in most cases if you're caught you're dead anyways(In MF/Twitch's case anyhow.)

Personally, I still prefer the GA but I can see how Warmog's is still a great item to get. My main ADCs are Twitch and Tristana, both who can make great use of that second life. I could see a Miss Fortune just being gobbled up after a revive.

It all boils down to how ineffective armor/mr is in season 3. Health is the way to go, Warmogs is a good way to get it. I still think Frozen Mallet would be a better item for health, as you can kite better this way.

Hairyhulk

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post
I still think Frozen Mallet would be a better item for health, as you can kite better this way.
Warmogs give's you 300 HP more than Mallet, and also gives you massive HP/5 regen which is a lot more important than you think

SeCKS Egai

01-26-2013

With the need for higher health on everyone, warmog's has just become the most practical choice. I myself am often caught between warmog's and mallet, since mallet makes a huge difference in kiting.

By the time I started running GA regularly, it stopped providing enough utility to make it worthwhile.

Lord Sirrush

01-26-2013

personally i like warmogs more on at this point 1k for a early giants belt is pretty cheap and gives your def vs all types of damage and it only takes 1 slot. so i think its more slot efficient works and can work better to give you more of a scaling def than flat out just buying a GA. This being said i prefer GA vs assassins that can burst through warmogs anyways( kha zed akali just to name a few) but i can make that the choice to sell the giants belt and get GA later in the game.

Essieu

01-27-2013

Warmogs build on AD is super good. BUUUT I challenge you to try Randuins. the passive and active both give you wonderful kiting power and i'd say it makes you almost as tanky as warmogs.

Etherimp

01-27-2013

Health is cheaper now, resistances are more expensive, and Penetration has been reworked to be more effectively, which melts ADC's.. This is why you're seeing Warmogs.

Leptox

01-27-2013

Imo warmogs is one of the best items in the game and is a great defensive item on anyone. Now that black cleaver and magic pen so popular the hp is priceless.