Dominion getting League system too?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warlord Buwberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I can see why now that they didn't release ranked back in October when we were asking for it. Having visible elo for a few months wasn't in their long term plans for dominion. Is dominion going to get their own leagues, because that would be great for the mode. Right now some players get so many derps on their team they can't get a descent win/loss ratio to get to high elo dom, but if they have a good day where the derps are all sleeping at the same time/busy, they can go up a league and get closer to higher elo where they will learn more fundamental dominion mechanics that the top teams have put in place.

This is a must for future dominion, and if not, some new information about riots plans for dominion would be great. SR gets a future forcast of new things to come, why can't the other 3 modes get the same treatment in that respect. But if not, we are patient and we'll continue to bug you until dominion gets its rightful place in the competitive scene.

NamKim

01-25-2013

CaptnBuwberry will lead us to a better future!!1! Buwbu-tize me Captn!!1! [Captain Crunch Reference...I'm banished from DD chat/Dom Forums now, aren't I?]

But kidding aside,

Riot has said that they want the community to grow before implementing ranked. I am hoping that that means they will be taking an active part in growing the community of Dominion (and Twisted Treeline). I am still going to hold Riot to their word that their previous support for these maps sucked but they are willing to make the effort to change that.

My optimism tends to fluctuates back and forth, but currently I am pretty optimistic. Riot has recently announced the release of a Mac Client that is currently in PBE. For the longest time, a Mac Client was asked for heavily by Mac users (please keep Mac vs. PC debates out of this. That is completely irrelevant to what I'm saying). However, I think it was universally assumed that Riot would never release a Mac Client. The fact that out of the blue, they did announce they would release a fully-supported Riot games Mac Client gives me a lot of hope.

urmamasllama

01-25-2013

Nam they had a Mac client a long time ago but they dropped support for it

NamKim

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
Nam they had a Mac client a long time ago but they dropped support for it
Well, yes and no. From what I've read up, the Mac Client they released long ago was always a beta, a test, nothing more. There are many rumors why Riot decided to drop it, but what matters is that they scrapped the entire thing. Which is a fate that is a lot worse than what Riot did for Dominion in my opinion.

However, going through the 80+ Riot posts in the Mac Client thread...I am no friends in real life, I have no social life, I suck at LoL so sometimes I don't play...I think HaifHearted doesn't like me...HaifHearted won't teach me how to pretend to be good at Dominion, I'm Korean but I suck at Starcraft, I'm Korean but I don't even own Starcraft, I don't have a girl friend, I have a small...anyways...Riot said for the past year and a half they have been changing the coding of League of Legends just to be able to make a Mac Client. It was also promised that it would be supported just as well as the PC Client. Riot also changed from what they used to be. Riot does not publicly announce things like this unless they are for sure going to support it.

I like to be optimistic. I mean, TT rework and a Mac Client. Massive Dominion support probably isn't too far away now. But if you are totally pessimistic or still think I'm wrong, that's okay too. I feel that at this point, I'm just trying to stay optimistic in any way possible. Like I listed above, I have enough stuff to be sad about, don't need Dom to remain on that list.

Orphane

01-25-2013

I'm pretty sure Riot recently reintroduced a Mac client for League that is in beta testing after taking it offline around a year ago, as shown here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3036577

That being said, I think directly implementing the League system into normal queue at the same time they introduce it to SR ranked would be great for Dominion (since apparently so many people claim they don't play Dominion since there's no record of progress) and an essential precursor to ranked Dominion.

Phourc

01-25-2013

Hate to say it, but keep dreaming. ):

There's really nothing to indicate that this feature was simultaneously developed for Dominion, so there's likely still a month-ish of work required to bring it to the cool map.

ThioCyanate

01-25-2013

I prefer dreaming, in my dreams magic and wonderment abound.