Tired of seeing "jajajaja"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kawaii Katarina

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
Something needs to be done. Brazilians are ruining my experience for the most part. Almost every game I play has one Brazilian. I'm tired of seeing "Jajajajaja" and other broken English insults. Riot needs to boot them all off NA servers.

100%, TOTALLY forgot about this phrase since I started playing league after quitting SC/SCII. Thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coolh4x0r

Senior Member

01-25-2013

i thought the brazil server would be portugese, as it's the brazil server, not the south american server. even the website is portugese!
http://br.leagueoflegends.com/pt-br
put it into google translate under detect language and see what you get


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourcatmolested

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroImperium View Post
Once again Brazilian servers are primarily portuguese (because thats what they speak in Brazil) whereas the rest of South America speaks spanish. So a spanish speaking player playing on a server where the majority of the players speak portuguese is in the same situation as if he is playing on a server where the majority of the players speak english.

Most spanish speaking players likely choose to play on NA servers rather than BR servers because they understand english better than portuguese, which is not a commonly spoken language outside of Brazil and Portugal

I agree with the OP that there is an issue here, it seems bizarre that there is o spanish-language servers,

I don't agree however with the angry and ignorant way he addressed it
I completely understand what you're saying. But it's to the point now where I don't really care if I'm ignorant about it. It's been an issue FAR too long. Riot needs to stop making new champions, stop hosting tournaments, and start fixing some real, game-ruining issues.

Throw in a SA server or two, and offer free transfers. Or, just make it mandatory, to go to a server of your own language/region. If someone from another country wants to play on NA servers but can speak enough English to communicate, fine, not a problem. It's the "jajajaja u es stupid noob" ones I can't stand.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragnalesca

Member

01-25-2013

you have made some racist generalizations and probably have a bad sense of entitlement


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyan292

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
There are BR servers, moron.
You sir are what's wrong with the LoL community. Brazil is not all of South America nor is the language spoken in Brazil the only language spoken in SA. Crack open a book and do some reading before spewing your racist **** all over these forums and in the game. Learn the difference between Portuguese and Spanish.

I'm assuming you're one of the people that would call them racial slurs if they were speaking in Spanish. Good job. Keep up the good work of ruining this community with bigotry and ignorance.

Although I do enjoy the irony of you calling me a moron. lol.

I have one question. With so many Spanish speaking people in The United States why do you all assume they are living in South America? I'm willing to bet a lot of them live in the United Stated, which means they have just as much of a right to play on "your" NA servers as you do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OhSavior

Senior Member

01-25-2013

One of my best friends is mexican, and even he hates being on a team with them. We both groan when we get in a queue and someone starts speaking spanish, because we know that person will probably go to the wrong lane and never be on the same page due to the language barrier.

I am not racist in the least bit, but it gets frustrating when I try to communicate and all I get back is "jajajaja xD". Seriously, I don't know what it is with them but they love the xD face.

Either way, they need their own server. They are dominating the NA one at the moment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HomoAvenger

Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* Blanket View Post
Offer free transfers from NA to BR servers. PLEASE.
You do know that Brazilians don't speak Spanish, right? I get your point, but putting them on the BR server doesn't make a difference.

There should be a Spanish-language server.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourcatmolested

Senior Member

01-25-2013

I honestly don't care if I seem racist, because I'm not, simply as that. I don't care what language they speak, all that matters is that it's not English, so they shouldn't be allowed on our server. Simple as that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
I honestly don't care if I seem racist, because I'm not, simply as that. I don't care what language they speak, all that matters is that it's not English, so they shouldn't be allowed on our server. Simple as that.
But it's not Portuguese, so why should it be allowed on a server where the majority speaks Portuguese? You're an idiot. Stop posting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boagster

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Because, clearly, English is the only language spoken in North America. It's not like French isn't the second most common language in Canada or that there are more countries in NA that speak Spanish than English.[/SARCASM]

The ignorance here is ridiculous. If you think there is a major problem here on the NA server with a language barrier, let me demonstrate something for you. Here's the list of official languages of countries covered by the EU West servers:

  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Romansh
  • Dutch
  • Luxembourgish
  • Portuguese
  • Spanish
  • English
  • Llanito
  • Catalan
  • Maltese
  • Irish
  • Arabic
  • The Berber Languages
  • Moore
  • Mandinka
  • Bambara
  • Sango
  • Malagasy
  • Mauritian Creole
  • Seychellois Creole
  • Afrikaans
  • Southern Ndebele
  • Northern Sotho
  • Southern Sotho
  • Swazi
  • Tsonga
  • Tswana
  • Venda
  • Xhosa
  • Zulu
  • Chichewa

Having visited the EUW forums on multiple occasions, I have never noticed any complaints of not being able to communicate with people. They could be there, but if they are, they happen to a much lesser extent than we see here. My point? Quit complaining, start playing. They have as much of a right to be here as you do. If you have such an issue with it, how about you do something about it (learn a little Spanish so you can communicate with them, or, alternatively, quit) instead of asking the world to bend to your will.