The Tribunal is back up!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kantala

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Sorry about the recess everyone. We've been preparing some updates to the Tribunal that we hope players will like.

On an unrelated note, is there any reason why Daylight savings time is not being accounted for? The message says it resets at 1am pst, and it resets at 1am MST for me.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSRS View Post
Is anyone getting a lot of cases not being solved yet with the tribunal back up?
I have 40 cases waiting ... 20 of the cases are from before the tribunal went into recess.

Anyone else experiencing a similar phenomenon?

Also, any info on what kind of changes are coming to the tribunal that you can leak for us Lyte?

^_^

Into the fray!
Yeah, I've been sitting on 18 pending for quite a while. I think we can assume that the changes haven;t been fully implemented yet.

Ipushbuttansnow

01-26-2013

I think, perhaps, that they increased the number of votes required for a verdict. So with the slow trickle of judges coming back it might take longer to finish cases.

I have about 70 cases unresolved at the moment (had some before it went down) and my friend has about 40 unresolved. Not one has resolved since Tribunal came back online. (when previously about 20 cases would resolve per day)

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-26-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporq View Post
Will those updates be announced? Or is it behind-the-scenes stuff to make it work better.

I did notice today that there were less borderline cases, and there seemed to me more cases that had 5 reports. Maybe that's just me making stuff up, though...
We're doing a lot of testing behind the scenes, but we'll make an announcement when we roll out the final set of features for this Tribunal update.

Seeing more cases that had 5 reports is not a coincidence... as well as no longer seeing cases with just 1 game. We've been tweaking these constantly to find a good compromise between efficiency and accuracy.

Lyte

01-26-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
Yeah, I've been sitting on 18 pending for quite a while. I think we can assume that the changes haven;t been fully implemented yet.
Pending cases tend to be in Player Support Review. We've been testing different approaches to Player Support Review of Tribunal cases, so some cases might be stuck longer than usual.

swan2swan

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Pending cases tend to be in Player Support Review. We've been testing different approaches to Player Support Review of Tribunal cases, so some cases might be stuck longer than usual.
I have 70 pending cases...I wonder if I might hit 100...

Lyte

01-26-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
I have 70 pending cases...I wonder if I might hit 100...
I'll double check this on Monday, 70 sounds a bit high.

Straynar

01-26-2013

Lyte, can yall please at least post the review process and put in a sticky?

There seems to be a misunderstanding on what happens when people are sent to tribunal and then punished/pardoned.

Basically the ban lengths, number of bans to perma, insta permas, what happens after tribunal punish/pardon vote, etc.

There's many people posting about things like this actually stating wrong ban lengths, improper bans, false reports, etc.

Enterti

01-26-2013

I am at 70 as well, no cases have been finished since the Tribunal went back up it seems. For me anyway.

Shelzin

01-26-2013

I'm at 66... But... I'm still thinking it's all good. *shrugs*

Whatever... Get to it when you all get to it.