TURN /ALL Channel OFF??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Revelation22

01-25-2013

I was just thinking the last couple days and I just had a really good game and then..

It was an amazing game, the best game in a long time for a very new (and very old.. lol) player such as myself..

I Worked with a great ADC in bottom lane, Caitlyn in this game: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34379899#history (not sure if you will be able to see it but thought it would be fun anyway..) I was playing Lulu as a support but experimenting with one of the highest win% items.. anyway that is beside the point.

What I really have to say is..

I have recently turned off the /all channel now that I have joined the RANKED game queues..

The fighting is just too much.. you end up getting involved if you care about people.

How do you feel about the all channel? do you use it in RANKED games?

The other point I wanted to make is that I feel bad knowing the other team had predators and victims of verbal abuse. I no longer can hear it on the all channel but I see it that angst and fighting in the after channel chat. I feel bad to be a part of that because we won.

Does anyone else think about this and what can be done?

I am sure RIOT does of course as it is a major problem in the League of Legends community as a whole. *sigh*

The good news is that RIOT recently address this is a MAJOR ban of Professional LOL players for PLAYER CONDUCT breaking the Summoner's Code! basically extreme verbal abuse and nothing more...

Thoughts?

Revelation22

01-25-2013

BTW I think WoW (just to name another HUGE game) gets around this by not letting Horde and Alliance talk to each other....

In the same way there would really be no GAMEPLAY loss RIOT if you were to eliminate the /ALL channel.

Fudouri

01-25-2013

I think that's why its off by default and you have to explicitly turn it on.

This is also why I have a much much higher standard for punishing when its an enemy report.