Desktop Turn Black. I have DxDiag+Timed SS to Present the Bug..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insane Neenja

Recruiter

01-25-2013

I'm on windows 8
AMD FX-8150;
RAM = 8gb;
AMD RadeonHD 7850 ;
OCz SSD 120gb..

DxDiag.txt is added in attachments with SS step by step with Key to understand the timing below. I tried to simplify this explanation and demonstrate even though I did not record a video.

Everytime I click on the shop or after champion select and game loads up my desktop will turn black, as if the client is full screened and bugged out. When I finish any game, it's still blacked out or if I alt+tab out while game is loading and showing team composition I receive the same results. I can press ALT+TAB, if I hold alt I can see a perfect preview of the client and even people typing in the lobby after game or any movement on the client.

As soon as I click on the client or anywhere on the desktop while previewing with ALT+TAB, EVERYTHING goes black again except for my toolbar. Where start menu would be all the way to time/date is visible but anything else is black; even the my desktop photo.. I must exit out of client and restart client to rid of the black desktop error.

I have re-installed Adobe Air 3.5 and Flash and other Adobe products just to be sure. I've tried to repair client, even a full re-install. I've scoured the forums and google for similar issues with the black desktop. I can always find multiple issues sometimes the exact same problem; never a solution. It seems to me it's something that occurs when you click on the shop button or when it loads the actual game and puts the client to sleep or in background.

There's something in common between those 2 actions that causes a black desktop. Any assistance would be amazing, but I understand how busy you guys are with all the other bugs.

Screenshot Key: (Mouse over pictures to see name of pic, ie; Screenshot(1) or Screenshot(10) but I did post in chronological order)

1.) I clicked on the shop - Black Desktop with toolbar still visible (if I alt+tab to desktop)

4.) I can go to dashboard of Windows 8 from the bottom left of screen and view things perfectly like photo, store, weather.

7.) I can even pull up the sidebar for options through windows 8 bottom right corner menu.

8.) I was lucky enough to snap this SS right after I alt+tab to see and then before I could click, it took this SS

10.) After I clicked, it returned to black desktop, I right click on the League symbol at toolbar and can even see the menu after right click to exit client.

After Exited, Returns to normal function.

TEMPORARY FIX = CHANGE RESOLUTION in a custom game, and return it back to normal, every time you restart client you will need to do this.

BeastIsChris

01-26-2013

I have the same problems
I have tried to reinstall and repair but the problem is still there. Black screen when I go to shop and after game where the post game screen comes on. I searched for a solution from Riot but so far i have found that there is no solution.
I also have Windows 8 too with slightly lower specs than you. RIOT please fix this problem.

Insane Neenja

Recruiter

01-28-2013

Anyone else having the same problem? I think they are working on it Beast so let's be patient with them. They have a lot to do, atleast we can still play

Insane Neenja

Recruiter

01-28-2013

UPDATE: For some reason my resolution changed when loading, and for the first time ever I can see the client after game. I had to set my resolution back to 1920 from 1024x768. Apparently it fixed itself, I can't tell if it's temporary fix or will mess up when I load again, I will try different resolutions as an experiment while I play.

Insane Neenja

Recruiter

01-29-2013

So the error came back after I restarted my pc. I changed the resolution and it fixed itself. However I must change my resolution EVERY TIME after I restart my pc. Guess it ain't that bad for now, but to fix the bug I had to switch out of 1920 resolution to ANY OTHER, and after saving, desktop appeared!.. I dunno if I set it to 16xx and leave it if will make desktop black or if it's any resolution that's black desktop; til I switch resolutions in a custom game of course.

1stReaderMix

03-10-2013

Did you fix it yet? If yes, how did you fix it?

I have the same problem.

1stReaderMix

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Neenja View Post
I'm on windows 8
AMD FX-8150;
RAM = 8gb;
AMD RadeonHD 7850 ;
OCz SSD 120gb..

DxDiag.txt is added in attachments with SS step by step with Key to understand the timing below. I tried to simplify this explanation and demonstrate even though I did not record a video.

Everytime I click on the shop or after champion select and game loads up my desktop will turn black, as if the client is full screened and bugged out. When I finish any game, it's still blacked out or if I alt+tab out while game is loading and showing team composition I receive the same results. I can press ALT+TAB, if I hold alt I can see a perfect preview of the client and even people typing in the lobby after game or any movement on the client.

As soon as I click on the client or anywhere on the desktop while previewing with ALT+TAB, EVERYTHING goes black again except for my toolbar. Where start menu would be all the way to time/date is visible but anything else is black; even the my desktop photo.. I must exit out of client and restart client to rid of the black desktop error.

I have re-installed Adobe Air 3.5 and Flash and other Adobe products just to be sure. I've tried to repair client, even a full re-install. I've scoured the forums and google for similar issues with the black desktop. I can always find multiple issues sometimes the exact same problem; never a solution. It seems to me it's something that occurs when you click on the shop button or when it loads the actual game and puts the client to sleep or in background.

There's something in common between those 2 actions that causes a black desktop. Any assistance would be amazing, but I understand how busy you guys are with all the other bugs.

Screenshot Key: (Mouse over pictures to see name of pic, ie; Screenshot(1) or Screenshot(10) but I did post in chronological order)

1.) I clicked on the shop - Black Desktop with toolbar still visible (if I alt+tab to desktop)

4.) I can go to dashboard of Windows 8 from the bottom left of screen and view things perfectly like photo, store, weather.

7.) I can even pull up the sidebar for options through windows 8 bottom right corner menu.

8.) I was lucky enough to snap this SS right after I alt+tab to see and then before I could click, it took this SS

10.) After I clicked, it returned to black desktop, I right click on the League symbol at toolbar and can even see the menu after right click to exit client.

After Exited, Returns to normal function.

Temporary fix - CHANGE RESOLUTION in a custom game, and return it back to normal, every time you restart pc you will need to do this.
Did you fixed it yet?

Astrosquatch

04-05-2013

Dealt with black screens after every game, using store, runes etc. Tried all the fixes in the windows 8 and a Riot support ticket with no luck.

Turns out (for me at least) it was actually a firewall problem.So today I thought I would try to reactivate my windows firewall (something riot told me not to do) and then make sure every executable had its own open pathway.

Control Panel >> System and Security >> Windows Firewall >> Allowed Apps

use this website to find the pathways for what you need to open up
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...gue-of-Legends
(scroll down to Configuring your Firewall's Exceptions for League of Legends)

After allowing all 5 manually through the firewall I have not had a problem yet

IS113a674bc98bf6c5e8d48

06-20-2013

Hey, to push this topic again. I have still the same problem, adding the demanding apps in the firewall didn't change a thing for me, and changing resolution doesn't work either. PLS help somebody its a quite annoying problem.

Zippykippers

07-22-2013

I have the same problem, sometimes to the point that I have to leave games because even the League client is black.