Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fiendish Codex... :'(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

01-25-2013

The little bits of mana regen added up. :/

RexSaur

01-25-2013

Atleast now it builds into a good item, aka DFG.

All the other items were pretty much super niche other than AuG, which 99% of times you'd get chalice first intead of codex.

Saedrenel

01-25-2013

I usually don't even buy DFG as it is. I agree though, taking off the mana regen hurts a lot. I can't even use my usual opening in mid with double-faerie charm pots anymore.

Sucked enough when I couldn't start flask faerie charm ward, now an item that granted necessary mana regen on champions like orianna starves you of ~12 mana regen you had before because of chalice + fiendish codex.

IonDragonX

01-25-2013

I agree with the lament.

We are being bottled into using Chalice, Tear or (god help me) Doran's Rings for mana sustain.

Pretty awful if you ask me.

Taikero

01-25-2013

Yeah, this is kind of an indirect nerf to mana-hungry mids like Orianna and an indirect buff to Champions with low resource costs like Evelynn and Katarina.

Taikero

01-25-2013

It also seems they're trying to force players to build more of Morellonomicon, but maybe that's just me.

RexSaur

01-25-2013

Quote:
IonDragonX:
I agree with the lament.

We are being bottled into using Chalice, Tear or (god help me) Doran's Rings for mana sustain.

Pretty awful if you ask me.

Implying anybody even rushed codex or relied on it for mana regen.

It was never used cause it builds into horrible items other than AuG, AuG already has chalice which solves 99% of the mana problems of anybody that picks it.

It is in a better place than it was before, honestly, just by the fact that it now builds into DFG.