Most lore 'centric' kit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kai2max

01-25-2013

I've just been thinking about random things lately, and I'm just wondering, it everyone's opinion, who's Skill Kit best matches their lore? Not necessarily just in one or two abilities, but in their full kit.

I think Riven would be a good example. In her lore, it mentions 'She entered battles without any trace of doubt in her mind: no ethical pause, no fear of death.', and if you look at her kit, it definitely feels like that of a soldier with that in mind, with two skills that can close gaps, one doing more damage, and the other including a shield, and then she has a short range AOE stun, and a way to increase her close range damage. So who else would be an example, do you think?

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

As the Butcher of the Sands, I feel that my kit, which heavily employs my sharp, bladed weapon, exemplifies the concept of "slicing meat into tasty little chunks."

Koelio

01-25-2013

Leona for sure. She wanted to use her fighting prowess to defend others and that's exactly how she plays. Stuns, leaps into the fight.

Taric too. He wanted to protect and heal. His entire kit is centered around that.

Volibear fights just like I'd imagine an angry armored bear would.

Ashe the frost archer with three types of frosty arrows.

ChiefClive

01-26-2013

Brand. He likes to set things on fire.

Prince Kassad

01-28-2013

I would say Irelia's kit is pretty damn lore-centric.

Q: Resets on kills because she destroyed an army by herself and should be able to rapidly slice through hordes of enemies. She is also explictly stated to be able to "rush into the fore" so a dash fits on her.
W: She gains her life-force from her blades, and they deal true damage since it is stated in her lore that they are supposed to be able to dance around her "effortlessly," cutting down anyone nearby.
E: She is from Ionia and this ability is all about balance: evening the scales and making it a fair fight.
R: More of her absorbing life force through the blood of her slain enemies. Also fits in with her psychic ability to throw blades around.

Everything makes sense. Compare her to champions like Talon, Katarina, and Draven, who all have seemingly telekinetic control over their blades that has absolutely no basis in the lore. When Irelia causes swords to fly around, we know that it is because of her Hiten style and not just because "derp it looks cool." Also compare her to champions like Lee Sin and Xin Zhao that have life-drain related powers with no basis in the lore. Basically what I'm saying is that Irelia's kit is perfectly representative of what you would expect based on her bio. Aside from her passive (arguably), every ability she has can be connected to her lore.

Managable

01-31-2013

I'd have to say Vladimir, although I have only played him once. His entire kit makes sense with the whole Blood Mage thing.

AlexHumphrey

02-02-2013

I really like Teemo's kit in connection with his Lore. He can run fast when he needs to, and turn invisible! (he's a loner who spends a lot of his time in the woods). He's also a scout and knows how to use the flowers he finds in the woods (and the field of justice) to poison tip his arrows and find deadly mushrooms to destroy his enemies with!

Notably, I've never heard of an exploding mushroom before, but I hadn't heard of a Yordle before LOL so I'll give it some leeway

Vongeo

02-03-2013

I very much like lore based countering.

Like urgot garen and Jarvan (well old garen cuz now urgot can just chain slow him)

But the way I see it, Urgot can counter jarvan, given the distance, if jarvan ults urgot ults and is either not trapped or has a little bunker until he takes it down, but the surpress still wastes the ults time, if Urgot is chasing Jarvan, jarvan can escape with his jap closer, but urgot should be out of range of his slow blue ground thing, Urgot can put a Corrosive charge when He banner dashes, and all that armor reducing goodness I think is good for his banner.

Garen on the other hand used to hurt urgot hard, (maybe he still does, Idk most garen's I fight just spin a lot) But the silence hurts urgot hard, He can stay on urgot and run up and cut him, Urgots ult slow can be dimminished by his run so there is no repositioning and urgot shouldn't be building Madreds (RIP) or Blade of the ruined king for his health. (attack speed on urgot is stupid). Urgot is all about bullying out of lane, and garen can just use his passive and stay in lane.

Maty

02-03-2013

True

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-03-2013

I think that Morgana's kit does a pretty good job as well.