LoL Lore and Music

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Managable

01-25-2013

So, I've been really into reading the lore of the champions (maybe more so than the game) and I've been tying the lore into songs I like, personally I'm into drum and bass, so I've got a list of two rivalries and 10 other champions that i've fit into songs I enjoy, and I'll explain why, use this thread to share what songs you think fit the lore of certain champions and why, I'll listen to anything

First up is Leona, I picked Netsky's remix and "Everyday" for this one, because of the lyric "the sun is shining everyday" she is a warrior of the Solari, a group of people using the sun for higher power and to enhance combat.

Second is Soraka, at first I was going to use Dexcell's remix of "Starry Eyed" but then I remembered the song by Blame, "Star" it's a beautiful song that feels very atmospheric, which fits with Soraka because she is a celestial being who sacrificed immortality to help the people of Runeterra, and she uses the powers of the stars to give her magical power, the lyrics in the song are "You know I wished upon a star, you got to show me where you are" pretty self-explanatory.

Third is a rivalry between Kassadin and Malazhar, which I chose Blokhe4d's "Beyond the Void" for. The two traveled deep into the desert, and found themselves at a very strange obelisk, which quickly began to take control of them, one fought the 'void', Kassadin, and somehow he survived. The other, Malazhar, did not fight the void, he embraced it, and made it his mission to spread the power of the void throughout Runeterra, Kassadin however was opposed to the void and made it his duty to shut Malazhar down, Malazhar wishes to make Kassadin part of his side, so the two fight on the fields of justice.

Fourth, is Zed, I picked "Box of Secrets" by Cyantific and Wilkinson, only because of the lyrics:
"Can’t you show me/I’ll be waiting to see/Oh, the secrets of the universe/Can’t you can’t you make it clear to me
Open up the box of secrets/Take one out for me/I’ll show the number on my ticket/And take one home with me/Show me show me what you got/I’ll take it take it soak it up/Open up the box of secrets/Take one out for me"
Zed was matched by Shen in his training as a ninja, but he wanted to be the best, so he ventured around the temple and came across a box, out of curiosity he opened the box and shadow magic surrounded and gave him an immense advantage over Shen, he defeated him in a sparring match, but the master banished Zed because he knew he used forbidden techniques. The lore is really cool, I suggest you read it, but I've got quite a few others to cover, so next up is

Lulu, my pick for her was "Cascade" by the Prototypes, because of the lyric "Gotta let it go" as a child Lulu was very curious and she would play in the woods by herself imagining a world around her, pix, a fae spirit of the forest would watch her, one day when she was playing in bandle city pix appeared to her and asked for her help to return to his home, she agreed and left Bandle, all the yordles around her say she was talking to a firefly and she disappeared out of sight, she ventured with Pix a very long ways, but they returned to his home and she was granted magical power, she lived there for a very long time but remembered her life in Bandle, so she left and returned to Bandle.

Sona, her song to me is "Music Takes Me Higher" by Smooth, she was an orphan and only left with an ancient instrument at the orphanage, she grew up there but the instrument was sold to a collector, somehow the instrument ended up back in her room, she couldn't speak so she was never adopted, however some woman finally adopted her and got her the instrument, she used the instrument to stir the hearts of those around her and communicate.

Heimerdinger - "California" Danny Byrd, the song is about leaving where you come from for opportunity, this was Heimerdinger, the Revered Inventor's case. He left his hometown of Bandle City with a group of other Yordles and went to Piltover, where inventors were not only wanted, but praised.

Shaco - "Joke Maker" Decimal Bass
Little is known about this champion, just the fact that he makes death FUN! This song is dark, and fits the demon jester perfectly.

Diana - "Stargazer" Dimension
Much like Leona, Diana was a part of the Solari, but she did not seek solace from the sun like the rest of the tribe. She watched the moon. She was outcasted when she brought this point up to the elders. Eventually she found a scroll that she had to decode and had a picture of the moon by it. She visited the shrine and found a crescent blade. The song says "I don't understand it, it's so strange" I think this is why the song fits her perfectly.

Nautilus - Jeff Wayne - The Eve Of The War (Drumsound and Bassline Smith remix)
This has quotes from 'The War of The Worlds' (1975)
"No one would have believed, in the last years of the nineteenth century that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life on other planets and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us."

TO BE ADDED:
Rammus - "Shellshock" Noisia
Master Yi - "Focused Locust" Task Horizon
Twisted Fate and Graves - "In Pieces" J Magik and Wickaman
Trundle - "Freak" Drumsound and Bassline Smith

Managable

01-26-2013

Bump

Managable

02-06-2013

ADDED: Shaco, Heimerdinger, and Diana.

MikuMelody

02-06-2013

Lux: Mitis - Endeavors

Melancholy Exile

02-06-2013

Riven - "Not for Me", Slash ft Miles Kennedy.

While something of an imperfect fit, I've really come to associate this song with Riven's decision to return to the global stage and make her presence known in Valoran once again. It's a general rejection of Noxian excess and the commitment that she has to face up to them because "the life [she's] lived is not the life [she] want[s]".

"Broken Wings", by Alter Bridge, works too.

On a totally different note:

Nidalee - "Wildcat", Ratatat.

Cerubois

02-06-2013

For me, this is 100% Riven - "This Long Hour" by Dead Letter Circus.

Either that or Tremors.

Both about overcoming weakness, becoming stronger, changing from the past.

fortide

02-06-2013

Riven: Haunted - Poe.
Diana: Theme of Laura(Reprise) - Silent Hill 2.
Lux: Hell Frozen Rain - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Varus: Not Tomorrow - Silent Hill

Managable

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
For me, this is 100% Riven - "This Long Hour" by Dead Letter Circus.

Either that or Tremors.

Both about overcoming weakness, becoming stronger, changing from the past.
I really like these songs a lot. My +1s go to you.

MikuMelody

02-09-2013

Sona - Simple and Clean(Violin + Piano Version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgtlMg7qvro

MikuMelody

03-05-2013

Riven:
Who i am hates who i've been - Relient K