The Heimerdinger Resistance

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sleepisdeath

01-25-2013

talk about frustration... played against a kha... just one jump + combo killed me instantly while i had full life... so talk about balance and heimer being op haha

EmperorofTortuga

01-25-2013

As an ex heimer main, I support you fully. I switched to jungle, but I still play heimer when my team needs a mid. Anyways, when you think about it, he IS fairly OP. I dont know why he is played so rarely. Yes, he needs a bit of farm to do well, and yes he is checked by the new assassins. But look, Heimerdinger gets MORE cs than average because of his turrets, and also does fairly well. It seems like, from his positive kda average according to lolking, combined with his negative win/loss ratio, it seems as though People who play heimer just have bad luck with teammates. I've also noticed that he is rated as low difficulty, when he is fairly hard to master. That is probably what makes people so irritated by playing him. "I WANNA PLACE ANOTHER TURRET BUT I JUST PLACED BOTH IN THAT BUSH" seems like the problem

MarthaJones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I absolutely love heimer, played him in season 2 quite a bit with a pretty good win rate (on two accounts, both higher than gold)

And despite popular belief he does have areas that he shines in over other champions. my worry though comes that if heimer is to be buffed, he's also going to be reworked, which i do not want. I think his kit is not problematic like many poeple suggest. While he might have inherant weaknesses. he also has strengths. There's no problem with being a niche champion. Exceling in 1 area while failing in another is not always bad, especially when you can build your team around it. The problem seems to be that his numbers don't make him excel enough in the areas that he's strong in. (poking, pushing, discouraging initiation from the enemy team)

I think he just needs to be given a role (in team contribution, not as "ap mid") and pushed for that role. If he's intended to be a poke/pusher then buff him in those areas, if he's meant to be a deterant from enemy engagements then make him that. I feel balance changes/reworks try to make champs too solid in every area, but not too strong in any one area. I feel a champion like heimer is unique in such a way that he shouldn't be a do-all champ. Just needs to be able to do something better than other champions.

sleepisdeath

01-25-2013

lol i only manage to get average/belowaverage cs since he lost his 3rd tower... what r u guise doing different?

SnFuBaR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Heimerdinger rework WHERe?

Pryotra

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthaJones View Post
I absolutely love heimer, played him in season 2 quite a bit with a pretty good win rate (on two accounts, both higher than gold)

And despite popular belief he does have areas that he shines in over other champions. my worry though comes that if heimer is to be buffed, he's also going to be reworked, which i do not want. I think his kit is not problematic like many poeple suggest. While he might have inherant weaknesses. he also has strengths. There's no problem with being a niche champion. Exceling in 1 area while failing in another is not always bad, especially when you can build your team around it. The problem seems to be that his numbers don't make him excel enough in the areas that he's strong in. (poking, pushing, discouraging initiation from the enemy team)

I think he just needs to be given a role (in team contribution, not as "ap mid") and pushed for that role. If he's intended to be a poke/pusher then buff him in those areas, if he's meant to be a deterant from enemy engagements then make him that. I feel balance changes/reworks try to make champs too solid in every area, but not too strong in any one area. I feel a champion like heimer is unique in such a way that he shouldn't be a do-all champ. Just needs to be able to do something better than other champions.
It's true he has strengths, but I find that anything he can do, someone else does better. Zyra is a great example, because there is currently no reason to pick Heimer over her outside of her being banned/taken, and therefore unavailable.

Corporal Cupcake

01-25-2013

Buuuuuuuuump

Kaza Toast

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
It's true he has strengths, but I find that anything he can do, someone else does better. Zyra is a great example, because there is currently no reason to pick Heimer over her outside of her being banned/taken, and therefore unavailable.
Agreed here. Also agreed with quoted message. I think that riot does want to make people good at one role, not many. that's why they toned down lee sin, because he was literally able to do any role and do it pretty well. I think I would love for heimer to be engagement deterrent. Make people wonder if they should jump in or not! kinda like a reverse initiation champion.

I still think that good or bad he needs to be brought up to modern standards!

Barasia283

01-26-2013

Heres some ideas for rework:

TRANSFORMING TURRETS
you can click (select) on the Turrets, to change their 'modes'. some different modes are:

Aggressive (pushing), will attack minions automatically, prioritizing champs.
this mode gives the turret decreased hp/armour/mgc resist, but more damage

Passive (not pushing), will stop attacking minions. still attacking champs.
this mode gives the turret normal/default hp/armour/mgc resist/damage

Inert (tanking/support), cannot attack at all. guns will fold back and reform into a contraption that gives hp&mana/regen aura to all allies (a nanobot station?), and maybe gives a health shield to to allies upon entering its vicinity.
in this mode, the turret gain increased hp and armour and magic resist, since it lost its offensive capability.

clicking on turrets will change their modes, but they have change duration, lets say 1 sec.

please give heimer turrets some love.

SnFuBaR

01-26-2013

HEIMERDINGER IS NOT SHELVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i posted in a thread were morello kept talking (trying to call him out) and he said

"Because we post information in a thread, and there's no new information, but people assume there is.

As I said a month or so ago, we're reworking him, but it's not ready for a bit. There are a couple we're doing first."

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...06652#33906652