Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Heimerdinger Resistance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmightyAtheismo

02-08-2013

Quote:
EnderDDT:

PS: yes, I know that the original intent of the person I quoted was to say "look, he must be viable because someone used him to good effect", but center a team around most any character and they will work. Hopefully he will be updated soon.

Actually I'm pretty sure the original intent of CertainlyT was:

"Hey cool, a Heimerdinger tournament game. I think I'll post this in a thread with a bunch of Heimerdinger fans, cause they'll love it"

SnFuBaR

02-08-2013

bump

Pryotra

02-08-2013

Somebody randomly started bumpin my Memorial thread, hoping to bring it to the attention of the reds. While I appreciate the sentiment, I would rather he choose to bump this thread, as it gives better visibility to Heimer, discussions about buffing/reworks, and his fans. Would OP mind If I link this thread into my Memorial thread, so as to divert that traffic for more visibility?

sleepisdeath

02-08-2013

Quote:
Pryotra:
Somebody randomly started bumpin my Memorial thread, hoping to bring it to the attention of the reds. While I appreciate the sentiment, I would rather he choose to bump this thread, as it gives better visibility to Heimer, discussions about buffing/reworks, and his fans. Would OP mind If I link this thread into my Memorial thread, so as to divert that traffic for more visibility?

well i linked your thread in mine too because i thought it was one of the most important threads for heimer that underlined the sheer madness on riots side for letting him rot 2 years without even touching him. so do as you please but i would suggest to bump all heimer related threads.

im very confident that when xyph starts to work on him it will be great. each single one of his champs is a masterpiece from my point of view. so lets not let them forget what they owe us heimer lovers.

SnFuBaR

02-10-2013

bump

mr underhilI

02-10-2013

i think heimers a really OP champion, on paper, but when you play him agaisnt such high mobile champions in the game, who can jump in and cc you, he will die, i think this is the problem designers have right now, they think heimers op, but when you put him agaisnt champions / teams who can kill his turrets with aoe he becomes weaker than a support champion.

EnderDDT

02-12-2013

Quote:
AlmightyAtheismo:
Actually I'm pretty sure the original intent of CertainlyT was:

"Hey cool, a Heimerdinger tournament game. I think I'll post this in a thread with a bunch of Heimerdinger fans, cause they'll love it"

If that is the case than I apologize about what I said earlier, though I do expect a lot of people to take it like that. It is just sad to see all the excuses that Riot seems to make about why they haven't fixed him yet.

Pryotra

02-12-2013

Quote:
EnderDDT:
If that is the case than I apologize about what I said earlier, though I do expect a lot of people to take it like that. It is just sad to see all the excuses that Riot seems to make about why they haven't fixed him yet.

Have you played him sense the QoL buffs? He's not bad once his turrets are functional and you don't have to stop and stick a wrench up your bum to ult.

Xonra

Recruiter

02-12-2013

Heimer -can- be good, the problem is he is innately pretty bad. If you look at his base stats compared to every other champion, as well as how he base scales compared to other champions, he is in the bottom 5 easily.

In the bottom 5 lowest hp
In the bottom 10 lowest hp gained per level
incredibly low mana compared to nearly any other mid champion including Kha'zix, Talon, heck even Maokai
In the bottom 3 for both armor and MR
Tied for the slowest champion in the game

When you look at that fact that we are well over 100 champions now, being in the bottom 5 of anything (unless there is a really good reason, like you don't even use mana) is not a pretty thing.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure people will think I'm down on him but the fact is I LOVE Heimer, one of my fav champs. The fact is here is far from OP, and he needs some love pretty badly. He's ridiculously slow and ridiculously squishy and far too item dependent compared to the new bruiser mid FoTM and even most mage mids.

Pryotra

02-12-2013

Quote:
gK Cryo:
Heimer -can- be good, the problem is he is innately pretty bad. If you look at his base stats compared to every other champion, as well as how he base scales compared to other champions, he is in the bottom 5 easily.

In the bottom 5 lowest hp
In the bottom 10 lowest hp gained per level
incredibly low mana compared to nearly any other mid champion including Kha'zix, Talon, heck even Maokai
In the bottom 3 for both armor and MR
Tied for the slowest champion in the game

When you look at that fact that we are well over 100 champions now, being in the bottom 5 of anything (unless there is a really good reason, like you don't even use mana) is not a pretty thing.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure people will think I'm down on him but the fact is I LOVE Heimer, one of my fav champs. The fact is here is far from OP, and he needs some love pretty badly. He's ridiculously slow and ridiculously squishy and far too item dependent compared to the new bruiser mid FoTM and even most mage mids.

I honestly don't believe he is innately bad. I think he is innately complex, so that if used intelligently, he is strong, but not intelligently, he will feel weak. However, if you buff him so more players can play him, those that know how will annihilate any and all opposition.

Yes, his base stats are not the top, but his kit is actually rather good. Remember how they nerfed Zyra's base stats because they were too high? Same reasoning here for why Heim's are low. Actually, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Heimer in a tie for slowest ms with both Anivia and Zyra?

Heimer was actually helped in the s3 changes, because health stacking never really hurt heimer, while MR did. He also has great utilization of the grail, and really enjoys the new armor part of Hourglass. grab a legion item, and you are pretty tanky, and can start thinking damage. Best part? If you do need the health, all you need is Rylai's. NO NEED FOR WARMONGS ON HEIM.

All in all, his abilities are hard to use, but once learned you become incredibly powerful in comparison. I wouldn't mind a slight HP scaling (i'm talking tiny, like .05 or less off of heims HP, so if someone managed 3000 hp on heim would equate to 150 hp, or a carry/bruiser auto attack.) but honestly anything more would be overkill. I already have at the very least a 75% stun rate when I try without the ult. Anything that would make that easier would make people cry.

@ OP, Heimer was mentioned by morello a couple times in this thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3118000
Not really about Heimer, but alot of things were discussed.